What does Sup Forums think of html5 video? is it the future or is it just an annoyance?

what does Sup Forums think of html5 video? is it the future or is it just an annoyance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube-eng.blogspot.com/2015/01/youtube-now-defaults-to-html5_27.html
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Well it's sure better than flash video.

Video players are for playing videos.

The future? It's already the present.

Who flash player 10 master race ITT?

Holy shit, have you been sleeping for the past 3 years? Its not the future, html5 video is pretty much the present.

when i open a new link in a tab. i expect the video to LOAD while im in my current tab. not when i go back to the other tab and it load in front of me. whats up with chrome

it's called loading pages on demand and pretty standard to save battery/cpu when you've got a gazillion tabs open

it is the present and it's good
/thread

youtube-eng.blogspot.com/2015/01/youtube-now-defaults-to-html5_27.html

Youtube has been HTML5 since Jan 2015, where the fuck have you been?

its called i don't want to watch the video load. its called i want the video to load so when i go back to my other tab the video is already playing.

do they have this on firefox? now there is a browser that needs it in my opinion

ITS NOW ITS NOT THE FUTURE YOU PLEB ITS NOW ITS NOT THE FUTURE HURR DURR
yeah i get it, very unhelpful posts guys.

Its great cause you can easily control speed with this:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/video-speed-controller/nffaoalbilbmmfgbnbgppjihopabppdk
if you're listening to a podcast you can play @ 2.5x.
For normal videos, play at increased speed and reset the speed when it gets interesting.
Yesterday I watched 3 hours of a twitch poker VOD in less than half that time. (using tampermonkey to force the twitch html5 player)

thanks for the link

Html5 video sucks because I can't block it like I can flash

it makes it easier to find the mp4/webm source files, I like how raw it is compared to often locked down flash players.

It'll load in the background when you actually have seen the tab once. At least, it does for me.

Anything that helps kill flash is good.

>browsers have native players
>sites use their own bloated and often broken players instead

When i realized videos opened in new tabs didnt play until you viewed them i was HAPPY. there are dozens of addons dedicated to stopping automatic playback on youtube videos because that shit is annoying, now its like that by default. When i open a vid in a new tab i'm usually not ready to watch it immediately.

good goy, drink that fluoride.
~ Apple

after it was pushed on youtube i tried it out for some time
it was still annoying as fuck like flash so i just went back to watching stuff in mpv

I have installed flash on none of my computers and I can play video on almost every website

The future? It's already the present.

Browsers aren't meant to play video. If I can't watch video in a separate player, it's not worth watching.

It's pretty bad

HTML5 video used to embed mpeg4 or webm. It's not an actual format.

that DASH/HLS delay though, it sucks for livestreaming

How does YouTube disable the "save video as" option on their HTML5 player?

by providing you with a proprietary player that doesn´t have that option

It doesn't, it just replaces the default context menu with a custom one.