Why does logical increments recommend a 600 watt power supply when partpicker says I only need ~300?

Why does logical increments recommend a 600 watt power supply when partpicker says I only need ~300?

Other urls found in this thread:

computerbase.de/2014-05/super-flower-golden-green-hx-350w-netzteil-test/2/#abschnitt_kabelausstattung
geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1070
geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1060
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because logical increments is a general suggestion site not an exact build site like PCPP.

PCPP calculates using known TDP of the components. Whereas Logical increments just gives suggestions based on approximate price level, if you're only spending a few hundred bucks, you wont be able to purchase enough hardware to warrant more than 500w.

However, if you know exactly what your power draw will be you can get whatever will suit your needs.

Because they don't ignore every other aspect aside from the advertised wattage that the PSU can deliver.

Keep in mind: efficiency, warranty and reputation.

It's good practice have extra capacity so you don't overheat. For example you don't drive your car at the RPM red line, you drive it somewhere in the middle.

Fan speed is relative to load percentage.

Gives headroom for future upgrades, a 600watt PSU isn't significantly more expensive than 4-500watts. Might as well plan for the future.

If you know you're sticking with this build, you'll be fine with a 430 or 500 watt 80+ PSU

Also this helps if you plan on adding case fans, extra hdds, etc

>extra capacity so you don't overheat
A 400W PSU with 90% efficiency will produce only half as much heat as a 700W PSU with only 80% efficiency.

It'll be a over 1000 dollars, so like 1000 american.

Because it is a made by a faggot tripfag who is paid to shill.

I run a 5820k 6 core CPU at 4.4GHz with 32GB DDR4 at 3200Mhz, and 4 HDDs, an ODD, and a 280mm water cooling radiator with pumps and fans, etc.

All on a 600w PSU.

Unless you're getting dual GPUs or something like that, literally anything can run on a good 500w PSU.

How supple are D.Va's breasts?

Higher wattage PSUs typically have 6/8 pin PCI power connectors, sub 400 watt power supplies I've seen simply don't have them.

This, you're spending an additional $20 now to prevent from having to re-buy the entire $60 later and also not having a $30 part left over. Also most 300W PSU's are built like complete shit, most reliable manufacturers don't even make less than 500W

nobody ever puts much thought into PSUs and while you don't have to get a GAYMIN psu, if you cheap out on it, it might take every other part with it when it dies and not to mention you're completely down until you replace it. I have an 550W antec that's still working from 2008

It'll be either a 1060/1070 gtx with a 6500ish and 8 GB ram.

I already own a 465 power supply can I just use that?

Is it called a PCI-E? I'm new to this I just check newegg and for 1060/1070 it says "PCI Express 3.0" so I assume that I'm good to go?

The fuck are you taking about?
A 400W PSU with 90% efficiency will draw 440W at the wall if at full load.
A 700W PSU with 80% efficiency will draw 840W at the wall if at full load.
The latter loses 100 more watts of power to heat.

A computer will only draw as much power from a PSU as it needs, whether you have a 500W or 1500W supply doesn't matter, if your system only needs 300W it will only draw that much plus the remainder of the efficiency rating.

A good 350W PSU like the Super Flower Golden Green HX 350W has two 6+2 PCIe connectors:

computerbase.de/2014-05/super-flower-golden-green-hx-350w-netzteil-test/2/#abschnitt_kabelausstattung

PCI-E and PCI Express are the same, yes.

I think I've saved 100 bucks guys...

If your computer needs 300W then the
>400W PSU with 90% efficiency will produce ~33W heat.
>700W PSU with 80% efficiency will produce ~75W heat.

75W is more than twice as much as 33W.
It's much more important to get a PSU with a high efficiency than one with a high wattage.

>I already own a 465 power supply can I just use that?

That's treading on a fine line for a 1060, and is definitely not recommended for a 1070. Pic related taken from Nvidia's site recommends a 500W PSU for the 1070 and a 400W for the 1060.

geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1070

geforce.com/hardware/10series/geforce-gtx-1060

Take note that this is for their reference cards. Third-party cards are more likely to require a bit more power for more fans and slight overclocking.

If you want to be safe, 600W is what you need to get.

Forgot pic for 1070 PSU recommendation.