Are they any good? Apparently you can get like $300 off as a student so I'm kinda interested

Are they any good? Apparently you can get like $300 off as a student so I'm kinda interested

I currently own an x201

Love my SP3. Best computer I've ever bought.

>computer

:^)

What do you study?

Chemistry major, applying to med school next year.

I really don't like my SP4. So many stupid glitches that simply should not happen.

My SP3 was decent. Because of the kickstand, don't expect to use it as a standard laptop.

If you want a Surface laptop, look at the surface book.

The heat and fan issues are solved by firmware updates, and automatically offered in Windows Update.

Also, don't listen to Sup Forums, you can install Linux on the SP3. I put Ubuntu on mine for shits and giggles. Anything that supports secure boot is easy.

Do you need that particular form factor? The Surface is the best in its class I guess but I never liked the kickstand setup.

i would buy one when it comes with usb type c ports. normal usb ports are too unattractive and makes the surface thicker than it needs to be.

Hold up

You think the USB ports are what is deciding how thick the machine is? Are you retarded?

Not him but the SB's tablet section is thinner because the ports are in the base.

Killed the battery life though.

It couldn't have anything to do with the surface book being larger overall and not having a kickstand

>Do you need that particular form factor? The Surface is the best in its class I guess but I never liked the kickstand setup.
Nah not necessarily that setup. But the tablet screen would be cool for PDFs of textbooks that I could actually annotate by hand.

I bought a Chromebook, installed Antergos, use it to program for my shitty dayjob. 8hrs battery life can't go wrong.

I honestly have a problem. Since I am building a PC, I no longer need a powerful mobile device (my Dell XPS 17).

Since I do a lot of drawing I think of getting a surface pro 4 i5. Then I want to get a refurbished MacBook, mainly for the experience with OSX, with a good display.

I think I will make my mind up once my desktop build is complete.

Selling a last Gen Dell will be hard too.

Oh hey it's empty computer case guy

shit build quality, never owned one but i can already tell. I cannot imagine any of those shits lasting for 2 years, maybe 1.

That makes sense. The Pro 3 seems to have depreciated a lot, obvious reasons.

x201 is way better.

And how's the brightness?

My Thinkpad x60t is dim as hell.

>x201 is way better.
No writing surface though.

Nothing beats it if you need to take notes, draw diagrams, math, sciences, etc.

For liberal arts and basic text notes, any laptop would be fine.

SOON

IBM did that over a decade ago desu senpai.

>Nothing beats it if you need to take notes, draw diagrams, math, sciences, etc.
That's exactly what I'd be using it for. Mostly drawing/writing inmy textbooks.

Really an apples to oranges thing, but between this and a refurbished MBP(or air). I need something.

Also, anyone know when the Surface competitor the Asus Transformer 3 comes out?

You can get an x220t for less than $300 now.

Pretty much went paperless last semester because of the godlike pen and notetaking capabilities.

Hopefully you're getting it from the microsoft store though, only because you'll be able to return that fucker for anything. Had a friend that got to replace his surface pro 4 twice because of a piece of dust behind the screen, then dead pixel.

The "Lapability" is really inferior to a laptop though.

Thats the thing, I'm a huge pencil and paper guy, I've got a huge engineering notebook and I take all my notes in it on nice graph paper so I'm worried about the transition.

Would it be useful for med school? I wouldn't be entering until 2018 so maybe I should wait until then

Get a surface book instead.

Fujitsu T series is the god-tier wacom convertible desu. Lenovo is good, but doesn't come close.

I friggin love mine