So, I just got 9 random PCs from the 90s-early 2000s

So, I just got 9 random PCs from the 90s-early 2000s
What should I do with them?

Use their combined computing power to hack the Gibson.

install gentoo

Already have

Take all of the best parts and make a retro vidya machine. Make a sleeper in one of them. Throw the rest away.

just throw them away. that's the most useless generation of PCs currently available.

Are those emulator-os better than plain Windows XP + emus?

Part out the broken ones and clean up the rest, really curious about the beige P4 in the middle, looks like a socket 423 box

Theres 3 of them, identical specs
They're 478 though

Remove the brackets and shit.

Build a customs case.

why the hell dont they make desktop cases anymore. i would love to have the goddamn computer on the desk rather than under it so i can get to the usb ports, the card reader and cdrom

Rice out a 98 gaming rig.

Retro DOS gaming machines.

you'd take a 386/486 for that, not a p4. i don't even know if you can run DOS games on a P4 without an emulator

>why the hell dont they make desktop cases anymore

came here to post this

Retro gaming station
IRC only machine
Run oddball OSs natively like OS/2, NT 3.51, BeOS one per machine

Recycle into metal, wires, plastic, PCB.

If they are all working, and you have some friends interested, set up the computers for something like a Doom death match LAN party, or simply a party with all the computers playing DOS games of the ages.

This desu

Genius, gotta do that
Should i install 98 on all the machines? Or does XP + dosbox suffice?

An early pentium 4 is an ideal win98 machine

98SE
Make sure none of them have more than 512MB RAM or there could be problems

98 user, 98. Shhh... Don't ask anymore questions.

>XP

Get 98.

You can fix the RAM problem, it's pretty easy desu

Yeah, it's fast as fuck.

You can actually sell some of those parts on ebay for some decent change. Keep the ram, mobos, cpus and recycle the rest. Neckbeard old timers are always looking for random parts to keep their old mail servers and shit running.

Whats in them? If you have anything exceptional on your hands i would be willing to buy it off of you. I have a fetish for 90s hardware.

UNIX Beowulf cluster? I'm running one it's kinda neat

What software can you use with it?

>What software can you use with it?
Rendering and hash cracking runs real nice concidering old computers

Lame, S423 boxes are too hard to come by anymore.

That Celeron desktop might be worth rebuilding if it's got all the shit in it still, however.

Do they even have Cat5 Ethernet or do you have to use a 756Kb modem?

You can get decent money in recycling 478 pc's sicr they use a lot of rare materials.

Keep that black one with the AGP slot and upgrade it with a top tier GPU and RAM of that era, and do some windows XP gaming.

The rest of those look useless as fuck, so, maybe scrap one and make a sleeper PC?

>they use a lot of rare materials.
shitty leadless solder and aluminum are rare materials now?