New gaming "laptop" from Acer weighs as much as a small child

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/8/31/12718840/acer-curved-gaming-laptop-predator-21x-price-release-date-ifa-2016

> At 8kg/17lb, the 21 X weighs more than seven of Acer's newly introduced Swift 7 laptops
>At 8kg/17lb
>8kg/17lb

Might as well carry around a briefcase filled with bricks. But at least it's got two 1080s and five fans that won't work right and will be loud as fuck and will clog with dust and you won't be able to take it apart to clean without voiding the warranty and it costs about twice as much as a desktop that would piss in its face.

But at least you got to play GTA V with full realism mods on an airplane before you caused it to go up in flames.

That's fucking insane. I like it. Fucking tired of endless meme ultrabooks.

You people who complain about ultrabooks being too thin and people who complain about the gaming laptops being too thick and heavy should go fight it out.

if your LAN party lappie is that big, why not save face and just get a desktop instead?

People get angry over everything these days

Every day it gets mentioned, I'm posting dat ass.

Gaming laptops are not meant to be mobile.

i don't get what your issue is
it's a desktop replacement

what's the problem with weight? you just put it in a backpack when you're in transit

>What's the problem with carrying 8kg on your back while walking around?

Literally no problems. Are you a cripple or something.

>dat ass

How old are you?

free
market
capitalism

I don't mean for edc but for stuff like lan parties, going to visit parents or travelling abroad.

i come from a thirld world european shithole. When i was a kid in primary school, my backpack filled with books weighed around 10.

And as an adult, i don't see that as a problem. In fact, only people with severe back problems would find carrying such weight on their backs a problem

Get an ultrabook for walking around with.
Just like a desktop, nobody expect one to walk long distances every day with it.

put some fucking bread behind it so you can have a crispy piece of toast and third degree burns

>How old are you?

You could turn off the heat and stove in your house though so this would pay for itself in a couple years.

Old enough to remember when all laptops were this big.

>lb
>2016
I'm upset too.

Damn, I might as well carry around a briefcase filled with bricks.

Are you serious?

Unless you're a stick figure you really shouldn't feel that.

I'd guess because with a desktop replacement like the 21X, you have to transport three (3) things. Computer, charger, and a mouse.
With a desktop, you're transporting... The computer, assorted cables, monitor, mouse, and keyboard.
No matter how you twist and turn it, transporting one complete package is always going to be more convenient than transporting a lot of bits. Also exponentially more expensive, but that's beside the point.

For the price of this ($5K+), why not either build a PC in something like a hadron or ncase or something, use a USB monitor and sleep on a bed of many, or just build a bitchin' computer and get a top-end macbook or XPS or even Thinkpad?

>dual GTX 1080s in a laptop
why

Why not. But the curved screen gets all of my why's.

because of the keyboard IMO

Literally no reason beyond "it's convenient" and "it has a battery" even though the battery is probably shit. I guess it also takes up less space than a desktop setup.

You could afford to put bleeding-edge components in a desktop in teeny-tiny case with a custom air cooling and blow this laptop the fuck out and still have cash leftover for a nice USB monitor and mouse.

You could even sleep on a bed of money.

Exactly. More money than sense, but you wouldn't need much money for that to be true if you really wanted to buy one of these.

>$5K+
Dual Xeon + Dual 1080 + 64GB RAM + PCIe SSD etc for this price

captcha 1060

What good is a small curved screen? I can understand curved displays once you go ultrawide/27+ but curved screen on a laptop is meme-tier.

Hot.

Its not a "laptop", its pretty much a desktop replacement, and you should treat it as such.

That fucking keyboard. Did they really chuck a fucking mech in that thing? What a joke.

It doesn't look that bad for gaymer shit

Looks based. I want one to use when I present at a conference. I'll stand out from all the MacBooks

I want that laptop to sit on my face

I see women carrying babies around all the time so it must not be that hard.