Is Windows 10 telling me to use my PC less?

is Windows 10 telling me to use my PC less?

Wtf microsoft

you can switch to Linux and not have to worry about this
nogaems however

can you even set update hours in linux

>restart

macOSĀ® does not have this problem.

You can schedule updates, but unlike Windows, you are not obliged to update at all, and most updates can be installed without rebooting.

>Active hours can be set between 1 and 12 hours
Who is the fucking retard who made this shit?

macos is homosecks

You have to set aside at least 12 hours per day for windows to do updates. I thought everybody knew this already.

Linux doesn't force you to install updates, and even if it did, you wouldn't have to restart your computer for anything short of kernel updates.

>Install Windows 10
>5GB of updates
>out of my bandwidth cap for no fucking reason

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Using Windows 10
When will this meme end?

When Windows 11 comes out

Switch to Linux m8

>3D print gauge holders
>going to take a few hours
>come back
>thing is not finished
>wtf
>"we have installed some updates and restarted your computer"

Into the trash it goes.

Active hours gives you more control over updates, not less. Nothing has changed about updates, except that you can explicitly tell them to fuck off for up to 12 hours of the day, instead of rescheduling the restart so often.

You retards assume that this Active Hours feature will forcefully install updates during the other 12+ hours of the day, but that's completely false. When a restart is scheduled, you can still put it off for as long as you want. RIGHT BELOW "Change active hours" is "Restart options" (see pic related)

Awaiting the pajeet responses from mindless drones who can't handle being proven wrong.

Forgot the pic

>gauge holders

I see there's no takers because they can't counter argument. Lol
People get so butthurt over others not liking what they like.

Unless you're present when active hours is over and updates are done there's nothing you can do about it. THAT is the issue here.

I agree that it's an issue, but then it isn't exclusive to Windows 10.

The fuck you on? This IS only on 10

Still using Windows at this point is an admission that you are mentally inferior. *BSD or GNU are your only real OS options any more.

If the issue is updates restarting your PC when you aren't present, then that happens on previous versions of Windows as well. At least Windows 10 gives you a 12 hour time period that's guaranteed to be update-free.

I think you misunderstood this option. When no custom restart time is set (like in your pic), they will restart it anytime during non-active hours.

>my PC
>my

Oh sweet child.

> I think you misunderstood
No, you misunderstand.
> When no custom restart time is set (like in your pic)
You can't set a time until a restart is scheduled. So immediately after an update that needs a restart is finished, the option can be set for that one restart. No one, including myself, can modify the option any other time.
> they will restart it anytime during non-active hours
Yeah, only if you aren't sitting at your computer, because if you are, you can delay the restart as much as you want. Just like Windows 7. If you're away from your PC during inactive hours, it will reboot without your consent, which I agree is an issue NOT exclusive to Windows 10.

>Active hours gives you more control over updates, not less
Right, which is why I can choose to completely defer updates right?
That's why Win10 has restarted twice while I was doing something (once I was FTPing a large file to my server, another time I was transcoding a large video file for work).

I sure love that freedom!

Good goy.

It is his PC, Microsoft. And thanks to your stupidity, more and more people are taking back their PC from your malware/shitware and using a real, free OS.

> At least Windows 10 gives you a 12 hour time period
gpedit.msc -> Administrative templates -> Windows components -> Windows Update -> No auto restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic updates installations, Configure automatic updates

>Active hours gives you more control over updates, not less

FYI this is what more control, not less ACTUALLY looks like.

>which I agree is an issue NOT exclusive to Windows 10

Well, I don't agree because it IS an exclusive W10 issue.
No other operating system in existence has this issue.

Am I? After the second time I switched to Arch as my full time OS and I boot into a Windows 7 VM whenever I need to do something in it.

protip:
(pacman ;) sudo

>We'll check to see if you're using the device before attempting to restart.
What's the point of active hours then

False sense of security

>letting your OS dictate your life
you asked for it

Why do you even have to restart to update things on windows

Probably so you can't run a third party program to figure out what it's modifying. It stages everything while windows is running then waits for a secure environment to implement.

Some games

Why in the fuck can't it just let you update what and when you want to instead of trying to fucking take over control of your computer all the time?

chill user, at least you have more control than zero :^)

Go to bed. The average adult should get a recommended 7-9 hours of sleep.

>you are not obliged to update at all,

holy fuck, yes you are

You mean GNU/Windows?

>Active hours gives you more control over updates, not less. Nothing has changed about updates, except that you can explicitly tell them to fuck off for up to 12 hours of the day, instead of rescheduling the restart so often.
On Windows 7, I can COMPLETELY 100% disable updates. Is that even possible on Windows 10?

>Active Hours
>More like "let us know when you're active so we can keep an eye on you :^)"

this is some next level creeping shit from MS but no, they just need 1 hour to update all your shit

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
L
O
W
N

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

O
U
T

Linux has pretty god-like emulators.

Keybinding into a comfy GBA game or a full screen ZX Spectrum still gives me shivers.