Why the fuck does this button need to exist...

Why the fuck does this button need to exist? Wouldn't it be smarter to split it into two buttons; one being the Home button and the other being the end button?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key
neo-layout.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It would fuck up the entire layout, you tard
People switch it and left CTRL

No. Kill yourself you autistic fuck.

Just map it to ctrl or escape

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL
Leftover from the age of typewriters.

We need Apple to remove the caps lock and replace it with something more useful

Map it to Compose
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key

>Press and release shift without doing anything else
>Turns caps lock on or off
>Press and hold shift, type at least one character just like you normally would using shift
>Releasing it now won't turn it on/off
Why isn't this a thing?

You mean the personal macro button? I find it pretty useful sometimes.

caps lock is like putting your car in park every time you want to stop

That's where the control key should be.

Exactly this.

BECAUSE FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY WHAT IF WANT SCREAM WITH RAGE AT OP FOR MAKING SUCH SHIT THREAD??? ARE YOU A LITERAL RETARD OR YOU'RE JUST PRENTENDING TO HAVE MICROCEPHALY? YOU BUTTRAVAGED FAGGOT

because 'home' and 'end' buttons are already a thing

It isnt thAT BAD

I see you're one of the assholes at google who designed this

go fuck yourself

> tfw too intelligent to understand this thread

I was thinking this. I want my caps lock. I already have a shift and control key.

>lols math, I'm too intelligent for maths
>look at me winbabbies I'm running Ubuntu xx L33t h4x0rr
>I just don't see the need to learn lambdas, who wants an anonymous function?

With a proper keyboard it rarely cause any problems.

What you are looking for is the Lenovo X1 Carbon, 2nd version.

Protip: it's a completely and utter shitty layout. Source: me - I own one.

>t.

Thats actually a really good point. But then again - what's with all the normies that barely know how to turn a computer on. The struggle would be so real

I would rather see fn keys go away first.

I map it to backspace

It's a backup key.

My command key is broken so I rebound it to caps lock.

No! I use Caps Lock to type every capital letter instead of Shit. As strange as it sounds, there are people who type this way.

I swapped Caps Lock and Backspace. Works great.

I switch escape and caps lock

Chrome OS lets you remap that key.

Has anyone else "modded" their keyboard with autohotkey?

I changed LCtrl and the Menu key to Fn (added arrow keys, special keys like home/end and a numpad to the keyboard, now I don't have to move my hands much) then LWin and RWin to LCtrl and RCtrl.

this.

just run setxkbmap de neo, problem solved.

I swap it to be an extra meta key

>having to wait that much
fuck no
Just make people press both shift keys at once for caps lock if you want to remove that key

neo-layout.org/

I remapped capslock as control, it feels like a much more natural position for control to be. In the normal bottom-right location my pinkie has to do all kinds of acrobatics to reach. Give it a try!

shit I meant bottom-left

try I have no idea why they put the Windows key right where your palms can hit it by accident, they couldn't put a more commonly used key there?

ok

On laptops it is very popular to remove keys the designers doesn't know what does so they can make the keyboard smaller.
They move and remove keys all the time.
The menu key, the pause/break.
The f-keys, insert, even print and navigation gets moved or hidden so the keyboard is get harder to use.
But keys I have not seen touched is the right shift key, right control and caps lock.
Those keys at least have alternatives.

I use caps lock, but that key could be moved to a location that would require both hands to be pressed and still be as valuable as it is now.
I just move things around with xmodmap which makes it better for me, but nobody else can or should use my computer.

>i'm not a developer: the thread
#define IDIOT_NORMIE_SCUM 1

Like an Encrypt Lock

I get triggered at work when someone uses cap, instead of shit to cap. a letter. Really triggered when i enter my password and I cant login cuz someone left the caps on too. Everytime