Why would anyone want to use this shit...

Why would anyone want to use this shit? I've bought a used x201 a few months ago and its touchpad is FAR more comfortable to use, even though it's worthless compared to newer models from cheap g500s I used before.

Work in a field that requires gloves and come back later.

pleb

I had one of those on my first laptops and had no idea what it was for + assumed that it must require some external device like a joystick or something to actually function, because trying to use it was literally impossible. The sensitivity on mine was insane and too hard to control to be useful, maybe this is actually how those things are supposed to work but it's shitty and I don't like it so I don't care to investigate further

i have a x201 too. i disabled its touchpad. trackpoint is way better.

I have an x200 so I got used to it, it's really annoying when using my laptop that doesn't have one.

>using a pointer
pft

personal preference, I like using it whilst not moving my hand away from the keyboard

same. touchpads are gay

>Why would anyone want to use this shit? I've bought a used x201 a few months ago and its touchpad is FAR more comfortable to use
0/10

i use both

Fags think it's cool I guess. It's really slow though. You can be much faster with a touchpad.

You get used to it. You've just been using a touchpad for forever.

My first Thinkpad was an A31p and didnt even have a trackpad. When you get used to the trackpoint it is really quick. I don't buy laptops without one ever since.

I was thinking the same, but once you get used to it you really start reaching for it rather than for the touchpad

I use it only because to scroll I have to hold the middle mouse and move it.

That's because you've been forcing yourself to use it. Going from mouse to touchpad is far easier than going from either to trackpoint. I believe you can become efficient with it but I don't see the point.

this

Trackpoint for scrolling and moving cursor while typing and touchpad for eveyrthing else, also I usually use trackpoint's left button instead of touchpad's, much more comfier when clicking with left hand.

>Why would anyone want to use this shit?
1. People who can touch type.
2. People with at least average motor coordination.

I use it while I'm working on my car and don't feel like taking my gloves off.

Haven't found a use for it besides that.

index finger on clit
thumb on button
best postition for some power shitposting

not really, I've just been randomly using it once in a while and that became more and more frequent over time

now I'm probably using it more than the touchpad

>he isn't used to the trackpoint after half an hour
buy a macbook pleb
I heard their trackpads are the best

>I heard their trackpads are the best
Nope Macs have the worst trackpads on the market.
If you want an actual good laptop, get an XPS 13.

i use the trackpoint and disable the touchpad. i've been experimenting with using the touchpad just for scrolling large pages. seems alright.

I hate touchpads so much and it kills me they became the default years ago. Laptops with trackballs aren't made anymore and only Lenovo and Dell's business lines have the nub.

it took me like an hour to get used to it. I prefer it over a trackpad but I still use both

Elitebooks have trackpoints too.

Also touchpads became default in the mid 90s, so majority of laptop users have never used anything else.

>he uses objectively inferior tech to seem cooler
Glad I'm not that insecure, neckbeard.

>objectively

Why is it the only people who use this word anymore are the ones too dumb to understand what it means?

You're absolutely out of your goddamned mind. I cannot use anything but the clitmouse on laptops.

>That's because you've been forcing yourself to use it. Going from mouse to touchpad is far easier than going from either to trackpoint. I believe you can become efficient with it but I don't see the point.
Bought my two sons thinkpads for their first machines. Both disabled the trackpads within a few weeks. They only use the trackpoint. Even for gaming.

Exactly. This thread just proves what I've known all along, that Sup Forums is full of children and hunt-and-peck plebs.

Left thumb on left button
Index on clit
Right thumb on scroll button

And all the keys right there to type on

I don't like the trackpoint, and the touchpad on my chromebook is probably the most intuitive thing in the world. Two finger tap for right click, two finger slide for scrolling, and a bunch of other shortcuts that make things easier.

use a mouse

>what are ergonomics
Dumbass.

Now that I can use a track point comfortably I've seen the light. It's so much easier than having to click with a track pad.

Like do non Mac fags actually scroll in some weird ass way other than holding the middle button down? Sounds miserable.

Gestures never work well on most windows laptops imo

nice b8 m8

elitebook trackpoints are shit. All because the things that make IBM/Lelnovo's trackpoint superior are patented.

Macbooks don't have these, therefore macbooks are better