Sup Forums if I have the choice between a devil 13 R9 390x2 vs an evga gtx 980ti sc acx 2...

Sup Forums if I have the choice between a devil 13 R9 390x2 vs an evga gtx 980ti sc acx 2.0+ both for the same price brand new which would be the better buy if I plan on doing a build around it?

I keep getting mixed responses on leddit with amd beating nvidia due to dx12 being awesome for dual gpu even when the game doesn't support crossfire, and some saying dual chips will always be a headache vs one

I am not really experienced with the technical parts of this stuff and just want something that can keep up in 1440 144hz

For a couple years at least until I can snag a 1080 on sale, unless vega is hot shit

Help appreciated

390x2 will perform better in everything that supports multiGPU.

980Ti will perform better when a game doesn't support CF.

The other big difference is power usage, but that's for faggots to worry about.

The reality is that no set up will run 144Hz at 144 FPS in every game. You're either CPU limited or you can't get enough GPU horsepower, depending on the game. The sooner you realize that you'll always be within the 60-100 FPS range outside of a handful of notable exceptions, the happier you will be.

I would personally go with the multiGPU as it will perform better and thus last a lot longer. Most graphically demanding games support multiGPU, although it is worth noting that DX12 so far has shown lackluster multiGPU support.

>devil
the same people who confused the star of david for a pentagram

You just admitted that the dual gpu is worse than the single since most games do better with a single with very few supporting multi and even fewer than that being optimized for it.

Nice quads but the hexagram is as relevant as the pentacle in anything occult/satanic

Op go with the nvidia they have the better drivers and support, physx, and their gsync counterparts while more expensive are always better than freesync

Cool, I heard that I would lose out on games because of the lack of dual gpu support but maybe dx12 will make up for it

Powercolor makes the ugliest fucking GPUs in the world god damn it. Also get the 980ti

>lol dat gamer stuff is bad looking it sux get da nvidia

Way to retard there brother

What the fuck are you talking about? Getting a powerful single card is always the best choice, wether you pick a Nvidia or AMD card. The 980ti is clearly the best option and this is coming from someone who has a 390X

Fantastic anecdote. Come back with something objective and maybe you can be treated like an adult.

Dont bother with either just get a 1080

Amd has direct x 12 locked down get the dual

Well the thing is I can get either for 350

>dual gpu

You need drivers so no

Are you stupid or something?

avoid crossfire, even the games that get profiles the micro stutter on some titles makes it completely unworth it. that said also avoid buying anything this generation, the 1080 can't run 4k 60fps at high settings, and AMDs 480 is a meh card.

unless there is a game or application you REALLY need, its not worth upgrading atm.

Why?

>Come back with something objective
you first, you were the one shitposting in the first place

get the devil then

read stuff on the dual red devil card first. i cant really recommend r9 390x2 and i prefer amd because of dx12 and what not
its always better to get a single gpu than dual one.
considering youre not experienced with the technical stuff you'll end up giving yourself a headache because if you run into any problems you might not know how to fix
get a gtx 1080 or something if you want 1440p 144fps but like says you wont be getting 144fps in the majority of games unless you lower settings

Dual GPUs or SLI/CF are meme if you don't have the drivers/profiles. Even with the drivers/profiles for the game, it will run like shit...

Holy fuck summer is still here somehow

The devil for that price and with dx12 and the proper drivers will best a 980ti for sure

They are neck and neck, get the devil because looks and because freesync is cheap

> get the devil because looks

More like looks like edgy shit garbage kid