Why doesn't the Linux community just make one functional free operating system?

Why doesn't the Linux community just make one functional free operating system?

Just improve OpenSuse which is the only distro that feels like a full OS.

Providing a consistent operating system is not really that simple. There's some debate as to what an operating system even is, for instance.

As sad as it is to say, the other problem is that the profit motive gives some incentive towards discipline in a centralised structure.

I just got fired

thx i just got hired
a guy saw that nipple in that pic

It won't matter anymore in a few years. When Ubuntu snaps turn the new standard for packaging you could use whatever the fuck you want because you will use the same packages independent of the distro.

shit luck senpai

Don't you mean Open Pepe?

I just fired some faggot for looking at this pic

Alright, you start first.

What's wrong with OpenSUSE? It is literally the best and most professional Distro.

>Dat sexy Yast2
>Dat sexy Leap for servers
>Dat sexy Tumbleweed for users

>OpenSuse
confirmed for basement dwelling neckbeard having never worked with linux

The only thing better than OpenSUSE is Centos, RHEL or SLES/D, and two of these aren't free.

"I use Arch"

The post

It exists it's called Mac

I thought he used Debian.

>no mention of oracle linux

Don't you mean Open India?

cute pic, thanks for sharing. Here, have this

Ubuntu is trying to do that, but they're having a hard time due to
1. Shitty brand name
2. Adware past
3. The GNU community shunning them for officially supporting non-free software

I think I'm going to buy the Sup Forums pass just to block you

>Shitty brand name
Agree, no one knows how to pronounce that shit. It's Ooboontoo, in case any of you were wondering. You need something catchy to succeed, not something that no one can pronounce.

Also, apt is just too slow, even if updates are managed automatically.

I don't understand how so many popular distros fucked up their branding so badly. Fedora? The CentOS logo? OpenSUSE? Mandriva? Do they just pull whatever is in their ass and market it? If Linux is to become popular, it has to sound professional and clean-cut. Stop it with this philosophical bullshit or with these intricate fucking acronyms.Heck, I think Debian and Mint kinda suck, but I feel a lot less embarassed talking about these to normies than Ubuntu and Fedora.

>1. Shitty brand name
Agree, the brand sucks hard. I liked it before when the theming was more "african", warm, and such, but still. It will never look professional.
>2. Adware past
And...
>3. The GNU community shunning them for officially supporting non-free software
These both are freetard issues. And don't get me wrong, there are a lot of them in the Linux community, but at the end they're the vocal minority of Linux users, they're wrong, and they won't will never be happy.

Ubuntu's real issue is being a third wheel. Red Hat and SUSE already owns the server market, and Ubuntu/Debian are used as the free alternative for neckbeards who are too stupid to use CentOS or OpenSUSE.

On the Desktop side, Ubuntu already lost to Mint, and even then, the marketshare is too low to ever compete. Also, Unity's a real mess.

Reina a cute!

That's a boy you fucking faggot.

/^╭∩╮\(.︿.\)╭∩╮$/;boards:g;stub:no

>2016
>proprietary driver updates still need to be nursed like a 3 month old

Tumbleweed deprecated by any decent distro. Leap too obsolete for desktop.

imho opensus is one of the worst distros.

I want qt anime cade girls to molest me and force me to succ they're pussys and buttes.

no one is using fucking arch

is right

debian at home, centos at work

Why doesn't the music community just make one functional free genre?

Why doesn't the military community just make one functional free spec for a 5th gen fighter aircraft?

Why doesn't the medical community give anons the free health care that is their god-given right?

The linux cornmutiny is known for free shit.

and the linux user community is known for a sense of entitlement.

It's actually a boy!

>t. Doesn't understand Linux

why?

do it yourself
also, patches are welcome

Because Linux isn't like Windows.
Windows people learned to deal with Microsoft's fuckups.
Not everyone using Linux is willing to do the same.
So we have a shitload of distros and software duplications.

Then they'll have no more excuses for why Linux is shit. No more telling people to try x distro which will fix everthing.

Don't lie fuckers! We all know boy nipples don't count. Now get back to work before I really fire y'all.

Make a distro that never needs updated. I was playing my modded psp the other day that I hadn't used in years and there was no problem. It got me thinking about os updates, for example i booted up an old vista pc i had in the attic soon after and it needed drivers for this and updates for that. Besides isn't constant updates what causes software fragmentation like on android os.

>RHEL
>unironically using anything from red hat

> 1boy

See? I can fucking read you like a book.

And don't get me wrong, Debian is based, but nothing beats Yast2 to manage multiple Linux machines.