Tfw in the market for a new phone

>tfw in the market for a new phone
>want to get an android because I really like how customizable it is, micro sd support, development is a lot easier
>but I need to have iMessage or I will be ostracized

What do Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

searchenginewatch.com/2016/04/20/23-stats-and-facts-about-instagram/
similarweb.com/blog/worldwide-messaging-apps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get less vain friends.

install gentoo

hahahahahaha

if you care that much pay the apple tax like the cock-gobbling faggot you are.

Is that a real Apple ad?
Holy shit what poorfag cares about text message costs these days, didn't you niggers just pay for a 600 dollar phone?
Jesus Christ lrn2 whatsapp you macfags.

Android for phone, second hand ipod touch for imessage. Tether if you need to I message without wifi.

sms is an american thing.

like data caps and going to jail for torrenting.

poorfags will buy iphones on credit and then get the cheapest pre-paid plan they can get because that's all they can afford.

Based on real world observations of the Bogan australis we can assume that poorfags don't use different (free) messaging apps due to cognitive dysfunction.

>Implying you have any friends

/thread

>be american
>be free
>can buy whatever phone you want
>but if you don't buy apple like the rest of the herd you'll be shunned by all your "friends"

For real, I exchanged numbers with people in one of my classes and we made a group chat, and there were green bubbles, the guy who made the chat asked who didn't have an iphone (jokingly), but then removed the guy.

What makes you think they're vain?

>still getting b8ed with the green bubbles shit

come on Sup Forums, it's current year

Tell them to fuck off. Nobody has the right to bully you into a proprietary platform you have to pay for!

>mfw when I first met my girlfriend and we exchanged numbers she said she would delete me as a contact unless i got rid of the green bubbles
>mfw I would literally be a virgin right now if I hadn't had an iphone lying around

>being friends with normies

Sounds like an awful person desu senpai

>you lost to an iphone
Cucked by technology.

It's not bullying though, Apple has literally created a societal norm that if you don't follow and aren't a trendsetter in your social circle then you will get shit for it.

>inb4 LMAO BETA KEK BE THE TREND SETTER
Go watch some more of your chinese cartoons

If you were really in the loop, you'd be messaging your friends on Kik™, Snapchat™, Whatsapp™ and Instagram™, not this outdated iMessage™ shit.

Get with the times Grandpa, go send your first Snap™

I'm glad I don't live in your country. Sounds like shit.

Nobody but fat girls and lonely guys use Kik, I do use snapchat but in different situations than when I'm texting people/in group chats, nobody I've ever heard of where I live uses whatsapp, it's not popular here, and I don't use instagram.

Where do you live that iPhones aren't the norm?

>Nobody but fat girls and lonely guys use Kik
Source on that info?

>nobody I've ever heard of where I live uses whatsapp
On Feb. 19, 2014, when Facebook announced its plans to acquire WhatsApp, Facebok released a chart showing WhatsApp with 417 million users world-wide. Sequoia Capital, which is the company's only venture capital investor, spoke of 450 million users.

>I don't use instagram.
So you have no friends and no life, gotcha.
If you can't be brave enough to post a picture of yourself online for likes and comments, then you are one ugly fuck.

>Where do you live that iPhones aren't the norm?
Not that poster, but in the civilised world, its not deemed "abnormal" to not own an iPhone.

I suggest your either correct your sentence or get your head out your ass.

>On Feb. 19, 2014, when Facebook announced its plans to acquire WhatsApp, Facebok released a chart showing WhatsApp with 417 million users world-wide. Sequoia Capital, which is the company's only venture capital investor, spoke of 450 million users.
>where I live

Learn to read kek, it's not popular in the US.

>So you have no friends and no life, gotcha.
Christ friend, put up trigger warnings before you project like that.

>Learn to read kek, it's not popular in the US.
>He doesn't have international friends
I guess you're American, you're sheltered from the world. Also, there are millions of US Whatsapp users, do a Google search. Facebook are combining Whatsapp and FB messenger anyway, so watch those numbers skyrocket :)

>put up trigger warnings before you project like that.
The only reason you wouldn't use Instagram is because you are an ugly fuck, or you literally have no life.

It's not triggering though, Instagram has literally created a societal norm that if you don't follow and aren't a trendsetter in your social circle then you will get shit for it.

See how this works, faggot?

anyone that uses imessage literally uses whataspp too.

Virgins

>lso, there are millions of US Whatsapp users
You lost, for the last time, it's not popular here, the other alternatives are the ones most people use here.

>The only reason you wouldn't use Instagram is because you are an ugly fuck, or you literally have no life.
Interesting if that's how life is in yuzcuckistan, here in America only gays a nu-males run their instagram accounts, if anything ig here is for girls to post their snapchats for guys to contact.

>here in America only gays a nu-males run their instagram accounts, if anything ig here is for girls to post their snapchats for guys to contact.
You got statistics for that. Source?

>I need to have iMessage or I will be ostracized

How to spot an American. In the UK, nobody fucking cares what you're using. There's a 50/50 split between Apple and everything else.

I'm telling you about my country, like you're telling me about yours, I'm taking your angsty word for it, if you don't want to take mine feel free to research yourself pajeet ;)

Time to get some new friends, they are clearly retarded.

I didn't choose where I was born m8, im a college student, it's just how things go around here.

If your friends care about what color bubble appears in their text app, they're stupid and you shouldn't be friends with them. Talk about first world problems.

get a second hand ipod touch and an android phone.

Hey op.
I know what you mean. I personally don't care anymore seeing as how I've solely been on Android for months now. I previously used to switch back and forth from iPhone to an Android.
It truly is horrible. Every one I know thinks this way. I just had a friend finally pull the trigger on going Android, and after one day he switched back because people in his group messages complaining about the green texts. He loved Android and it's features, but it seems to always come back to iMessage. Another glaring point was that Snapchat doesn't seem to work as smoothly on Android as with iOS. If only someone could step up and create a stock, universal cross platform "iMessage" type. I don't mean WhatsApp or fb messenger. I mean something that comes stock on Android phones, and works fluidly with iMessage. (Never happen I know) It would've been nice had they done this with Allo. But this is the reason Android will never get the normie user base in America. People want simplicity. They don't want high end specs, expandable storage, and freedom to build their phone experience to how they like. They want a good selfies camera, and iMessage. It sucks when you're cast out for it, but Android suits my mobile needs better than Apple. I just realized that anyone who actually cares whether someone has blue messages or not is a fucking asshole.

It's not just the color though, the color is associated with failed message sends, slower sent messages, and also charges for those without unlimited sms. It doesn't help the green color is so bright ugly and contrasting either.

>like you're telling me about yours
I'm not telling you about my country, I haven't even stated where I am from, I am just giving you the facts of life, which, unfortunately for you, don't fit in with your worldview

And also if you're in a group chat it makes everybody green, so everybody's messages are slower.

You said where you're from if you don't have an instagram you're a loser, and you assumed that I would use whatsapp when it's rarely used in US compared to iMessage, thats not how it is in America so I assumed you were from some cuck brown person country.

Don't be a retard, better to have real friends that don't care for what the fuck you using instead of shallowminded cucks

Be the smart one among these dumb fuckers, don't sink to that level

Yeh I live in canada and for anyone but numales instagram is for viewing, the only people that post pictures are girls, indie people and nu-males.

>if you don't have an instagram you're a loser
America has this view, here are the facts about Instagram in the US: searchenginewatch.com/2016/04/20/23-stats-and-facts-about-instagram/

>and you assumed that I would use whatsapp when it's rarely used in US compared to iMessage
I didn't assume anything bucko. I just told you the facts about Whatsapp usage. Nice try though.

Because they care what SMS app youre using.

>going jail for torrenting
this always gets me, fucking kek

>charges for those without unlimited sms

iFags confirmed for poorfags

>I need to have iMessage or I will be ostracized
Nearly all of my normie friends use Android. The small section of Twitter that you browse is not reflective of reality as a whole. I think I know one dude who uses an iPhone, and he doesn't really care about green bubbles.

really though I can't even find a phone plan without unlimited.

They are poorfags, they get an iPhone on the cheapest plan they can, on credit of course because they couldn't afford one up front, and constantly stay connected to WiFi hotspots while claiming they are superior and Android users are poorfags.

Really makes you think.

>America has this view
I don't even know what you're trying to say, I know how my friends and people around my social circle think more than you kek, if you disagree with that then feel free to keep bumping my thread, sorry I rustled your poor jimmies so hard with this thread.

>actually believing anyone gives a shit about any of this teenage faggotry in the real world

Wew

>friends and people around my social circle
Your tiny circle that can easily be recognised by how hard you're trying to push this, and your narrow minded world view.

>sorry I rustled your poor jimmies so hard with this thread.
I'm actually enjoying my last day off before I start my new job. No jimmies rustled here, if anything you keep on replying so there we go. You can either admit defeat or go full autism and keep trying to have the last word. What will it be?

Do a quick Google search, you find out that not having social media profiles means employers won't hire you, as they can't background check you so it looks suspicious. Your friends will not want anything to do with you because you can't keep them up to date with everything you do in life, and girls will want you to like and compliment their photos. You will find you are completely out of the loop with who your friends are, what they're doing, if there's a meeting or party going on, if relationships have changed, if they got a bike or laptop or something.

People do care in the real world and if you don't use social media then you are regarded as an outcast, a reject from society who is friendless, jobless and sexless.

Good luck.

Uh, SMS isn't an American thing. We just call it texting. I've never seen any advertisement refer to it as SMS.

Japan calls it SMS though.

Post better bait

A hooker costs less than that and won't give you shit for not having an iPhone

>tfw everyone uses whatsapp in my country

I heard its popular in asian countries, where do you live?

>he thinks it is impossible to have friends and employment without facebook

Ok, pal. This hasn't been my experience. Try not to get memed on too hard by life.

Chinks have their own stuff. Worldwide it's either Whatsapp or Facebook Messenger.

iMessage is more than just SMS dude...

Isnt messenger just the default message app that comes with android? No one needs more than that.

>Isnt messenger just the default message app that comes with android?
No, the one on the map is Facebook Messenger.
similarweb.com/blog/worldwide-messaging-apps

The default Android message app is just for SMS/MMS. (Unless your phone has some Facebook shit preinstalled.)