Boys, let me tell you

Boys, let me tell you.

After using one of these you will NEVER want to go back to a system with fans ever again. Not a fucking sound.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw
tomsguide.com/us/Toasted-Skin-Syndrome-Legs-Burns-Laptop-Heat,news-8203.html
discussions.apple.com/thread/487377?tstart=0
cnet.com/forums/discussions/macbook-pro-too-hot-516567/
mac-forums.com/apple-notebooks/110721-laptop-hot-burns.html
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/72189/macbook-pro-retina-15-nearly-burning-my-fingers-is-this-normal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

unless I'm a working professional or gaymer

let me guess, you also drink starbucks daily and shops at macy's or nordstrom?

>unless I'm a working professional

The most important profession of all, Linux kernel development, is flawless on the MacBook.

Yeah but it costs twice as much dude, would rather just replace my machine every 5 years and be able to do most things I want to.

But I tip my hat to your superior resale value though :^)

Thermal throttle.

I hope you live somewhere cold all the time.

It runs at .9 GHz. There's nothing to throttle.

How can you do Linux kernel development on this thing if the keyboard, trackpad, sound, etc don't work on it?

Get rid of the huge bezels and it's pretty much the perfect laptop.

Oh and remove the webcam. Who uses that shit anyway.

The development is done in OS X and changes tested on a VM.

Ideally changes will also be tested running on some real test machine.

Even that piece of shit throttles, it is really a scam.
youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw

actually it throttles bad enough that buying m7 model is completely pointless, then again if you do anything taxing enough to throttle this machine then you've obviously made a wrong purchase

Not watching a 12 minute video. Where does he show it throttling?

>remove the webcam
He doesn't use facetime/snapchat
dropped.

Right at the beginning.

I do think macbooks are really nice and would get one if I had the disposable income to reasonably afford it, but right now I can't justify spending that much on a laptop when I can get one that's better from a hardware perspective for half the price.

If I got one for free though I'd definitely use it

Who comfy here?

Pic not mine. I'm a poorfag.

They're more of a fashion statement than a useful tool.

You buy them because they look good and carry status, therefore the owner looks good and carries status. Apple knows this and that's why they charge exorbitant prices and don't give a flying fuck to technicalities. It is the same marketing strategy of any other fashion brand.

Oh no CPU stress tests cause it to throttle

Fucking nerds I swear

I have a pc under my desk and I never hear it because it's quiet when I'm doing nothing and when I'm playing vidya I have my headphones on

But I like high rpm 92mm x 38mm fan noise.

I think a lot of it has to do that they know students will buy them with their student loans because at the time its basically "free money" and the largest sum of money they've ever had at that point and are willing to spend it frivolously. Also the fact that a lot of courses put them down as "required", when really any laptop would work just fine

I bought mine for the best screen, trackpad, storage and build quality available. Not sure where you get those ideas from Cleetus.

>liquids that close to a laptop
makes me nervous even though I do it myself

Why would I want to use the processor I bought at the maximum performance it can operate, right? How stupid I am to want that.

What workload?

>shitposts on Sup Forums
>Fucking nerds I swear
just off yourself

>acme editor with a trackpad
that guy's a retard.

Surely you can imagine many use cases where this thing would run at 100% CPU for many minutes or even hours.

If the cooling solution cannot maintain that, then the design is faulty. Thermal throttling as a cooling solution is simply bad design.

Using a laptop without fans and with an SSD

It’s pretty legit

I have an external HDD for movies though, so my setup isn’t completely silent

I can't. That's why I'm asking you.

I'm waiting for the refresh of the MacBook Air (rumors say it's coming this year) to decide if I get the Retina one or not (or maybe I'll stick with my 2010 MacBook Air). I don't *want* to spend almost €1500 on a laptop, but I need the portability. If it was €200 cheaper I'd already bought it.

Games, rendering of small videos?

At launch date you might think "there's nothing I would want to run in this device that would max it for hours", but then two or three years later, at the end of it's (short) lifecycle, opening ten tabs with shitty javascript now causes the thing to heat to boiling temperatures.

Am I crazy to think that designing proper cooling of a microprocessor is an integral part of making computers?

All laptops throttle under heavy load retard.

If you've bought the MacBook for either of those things you've made a mistake. What the CPU in the MacBook allows is for 10+ hours of internet browsing/word processing/video watching/text editing etc.

>but then two or three years later, at the end of it's (short) lifecycle, opening ten tabs with shitty javascript now causes the thing to heat to boiling temperatures.

t. Acer laptop owners

Then all laptops are badly designed? I never said this stupidity is exclusive to Apple.

Sure. This is completely normal and acceptable: tomsguide.com/us/Toasted-Skin-Syndrome-Legs-Burns-Laptop-Heat,news-8203.html

KEK
Just got my asus zenbook flip
No fans, shit is extremely cool, great for work.
Also, can watch YouTube/Netflix on a 1080p wide screen in bed by folding it.
Fucking Macucks, have fun with your cool laptop, I bet all of your friends think you are really cool.

>1080p wide screen

Is this 2014?

2010 article that doesn't even mention Apple. You're done here dude.

>Then all laptops are badly designed? I never said this stupidity is exclusive to Apple.
Probably, but it's a tradeoff we're willing to make to get more portability. Law of physics apply here and it's impossible to get a desktop-level cooling system on a much more portable machine. If that's not your thing then buy an Alienware gaming laptop or a desktop and leave us alone.

Shit true, but I have really shitty eyes so 1440p onward makes little difference to me. Besides, 1080 is fine, that seems to be what most Macs have anyway.

>hat seems to be what most Macs have anyway.

Ok.

heat so bad it burned my wife's leg and Applecare says "RTM"
discussions.apple.com/thread/487377?tstart=0

MacBook Pro too hot!
>My computer started to get super hot (like burn my legs hot)
cnet.com/forums/discussions/macbook-pro-too-hot-516567/

why is my laptop so hot? it burns !!
>When I put my "macbook pro 15'inch" on my lap, it burns my lap
mac-forums.com/apple-notebooks/110721-laptop-hot-burns.html

Macbook Pro Retina 15" nearly burning my fingers, is this normal?
apple.stackexchange.com/questions/72189/macbook-pro-retina-15-nearly-burning-my-fingers-is-this-normal

Not reading a single one of those links. No point is being made here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial

I want a macbook with a hat, then maybe I could justify the 2000 dollar price tag, especially if I could get a sick fedora!
Yeah, you're right, they do have 1440p (some), unfortunately I can't really see the difference too well and it really isn't worth another thousand.
Anyway gotta time travel back to 2014 faggot, later.

There is this thing called cross-compilation, the machine you code your shitty manager/scheduler/driver doesn't matter.

I found that keyboard is horrible to type on, I hate the idea of all the components being soldered on the board and the Core M CPU is probably underpowered but damn does the space grey and the thin bezel keyboard look good.

This is what I've got. It looks SO good.

not a fucking sound from my macbook air either, until i fire up a game or something (which of course would just cripple yours - but hey, it's still quiet!)

The Air isn't faster.

did i say it was? i just said it wouldn't throttle

Yeah mate Crysis throttles the MacBook. Who would have thought?

The Air does throttle too though.

t. MacBook Air owner

And where did this retarded thing that only the new MacBook throttles comes from? Do you guys believe every bullshit Sup Forums says?

>linking sources literally from 10 to 6 years ago

are you even trying?

>A fan means no throttling

What's going on here?

the point is, these days laptops with fans can also be silent under normal use while still being versatile enough to handle heavier loads such as moderate gaming

Ah yes, MacBook Air gaming.

Untill I want to plug in two devices at once without using some shit hub

I'd rather just use my Hybrid Chinese shit tablet that cost a fraction of the price, but still able to do twice as much work. Or, just use my PC, since I built that to be a whisper silent PC when not gaymen.

>comes to a message board for tech enthusiasts
>complains like a butthurt plebe

fuck off to community college you mongoloid

>but still be able to do twice as much work

What's this referring to?

Go look for any of the features in Apple's products in competing devices and you'll find that they're reasonably priced. They're just expensive because they're good.

X230 if you want portability.

iPad or Nexus tablet if you want portability and a hiDPI screen.

i have both a desktop and a laptop, (x86_64) and they are plenty quiet, wiped windows off and have Linux running on both, besides, i have a couple of HF communications receivers running and any slight hum of the fan is of no consequence

>want to get a Apple product to try development on it
>don't want to have to send it in to Rossmann after 1 year when connectors start falling off due to Apple's world class planned obsolecense
I guess I'll just get a SP5 when it comes out.

>linux kernel development is flawless on the MacBook
Of course, because they don't test the shit they write.

>changes tested on a VM
>implying a VM behaves like a real machine.
You said it, changes should be tested on real hardware. But some people are too lazy for it.

Boys, let me tell you.

After walking to work, you will NEVER want to go back to a car. Not a fucking penny in fuel costs.

My gf got a macshit for $700 that has a 1366x768 screen, meanwhile my $200 laptop is just as thin has 1080p touchscreen. If macshit throttles so hard and should only be used for basic stuff why dont people just get a cheaper laptop that does the same stuff for 1/3rd the price.

>2016
>modern phones and laptops all use intel speedstep like tech where the chip throttles itself based on usage

>b-but my desktop from 2002 doesn't do that! Lame!

This is worse than those food metaphors on Sup Forums

Those kind of make sense some times.

hurr apple products suck

I sold my MacBook Pro year and a half ago and I don't miss it, I am greatly enjoying the convenience of a Linux system, KDE environment on a ThinkPad.

cool! can you post a pic of it?

thinking about getting one myself

How much are these? I want one

In all honesty is there a better 12" laptop? I'm legitimately curious.

my dick

Surface 4 pro is still better.
Can't wait for the 5.

Semi Passive > Passive
Always.

Wiith semi passivel at least you get the choice to chose power-saving mode thus, passive all the time if you want.

My desktop is also semi-passive, by the way. I made a custom built with a digital thermostat in it to turn off the fan controller when bellow 45C case temperature. Anything besides gayming my computer is always 100% silent. (actually I can hear the high-pitch eletronic buzz of the CPU, which is annoying, my next project is building a foam coated case for my next build).

a laptop with a screen as good will cost as much as a mb. also the trackpad is godly.

>OS X

call me a macfag or a shill, but I dojt jhave overheating problems on mbp 13. I use photoshop everyday.

>touchscreen on laptop

It really is such a shame that shills like the cocksucking ass-pounder that posted this can't be thoroughly doxxed. Folks like this should literally be burned alive for their crimes against humanity. It's truly despicable that Apple has descended to such depths under the leadership of that fucking dick-smoker Kook that they have to resort to paying useless shitskin monkeys to shill for their products instead of actually making superior products that would sell themselves. Seriously.

What's this "obsolescence" you're talking about my friend?

Lmaoing at the trackpad on this piece of shit

>>>/tumblr/

You seem rather upset. Do other peoples purchasing decisions emotionally effect you so strongly in all areas of your life? Like, if you're at the supermarket and someone picks up Daz instead of your beloved Persil do you lay in to them?

Not hard to keep fans from not spinning when it throttles down when fans would have activated instead.

Any rumours on the Surface Pro 5? When is it out?

SP4 is on sale now, so likely clearing out inventory for SP5 launch. Oct has been speculated.

Anyone? I really want a small laptop that isn't a piece of shit

Imagine a giant cock flying towards your mouth, and there's nothing you can do about it. And you're like "Oh man, I'm gonna have to suck this thing", and you brace yourself to suck this giant cock. But then, at the last moment, it changes trajectory and hits you in the eye. You think to yourself "Well, at least I got that out of the way", but the the giant cock rears back and stabs your eye again, and again, and again. Eventually, this giant cock is penetrating your gray matter, and you begin to lose control of your motor skills. That's when the giant cock slaps you across the cheek, causing you to fall out of your chair. Unable to move and at your most vulnerable, the giant cock finally lodges itself in your anus, where it rests uncomfortably for 4, maybe 5 hours. That's what using Mac OS X is like.

Nice

>isn't a piece of shit
>macbook

Pick one.

Haven't seen this pasta in a while. Thanks.

classic