Why are IT support people always so fucking incompetent?

Why are IT support people always so fucking incompetent?

Maybe in your 3rd world country.

*Incontinent
Fuck you

Maybe your IT is your mom with mostachoe.

We like fucking with people

IT support shitter spotted. The 3rd world country is UK. And this shit consistently gets stuck on random errors. Usually a reboot fixes this but apparently not today

>Not fixing your own Stuff
>browsing the net like a retard
>blaming an IT for the viruses you get around
>2005 + 11 and still using winglows
Meme guy shitposting his own shit on Sup Forums, you are welcome.

>my own
>local """""admin""""" privileges
>locked bios
>shitty enterprise windows installation doing half the stuff in "cloud"
I would've fixed this if it was actually my stuff but now all I can do is be salty and wait for these fuckers to come to my office and fix it / keep rebooting until it works

They are usually people who never went to college or were CS/engineering dropouts. They generally have very low intelligence and are also bitter about their pathetic lives.

When I grow up I want to work in IT support

>Applying TCPIP Policy

Shit tier Windows admin needs to push TCPIP policies, support has nothing to do with this. Blame your netops team for being retarded.

Its the same team here

oh god, thats horrifying

Found your problem

>mostachoe

Are you mentally disabled?

Update

because the tech support had nothing to do with the technology u're having problems with. they were given a manual , they've read it and now try to solve your stupid shit.

But user
>reinstall windows lol
Surely there must be a better option in the manual?

>i believe in pasta
welcome2techsupport.jpg

It does convey the idea of making shit hard for users to justify their own existence though

could you even imagine being too stupid to work in a regular office but just smart enough to follow explicit written instructions to reset peoples' user account passwords

i laugh at them and call them names. if you're reading this and you work it support, open your mouth so i can spit in it

NO I WILL NOT FIX YOUR COMPUTER haha grandma says i'm smarter than bill gates

they don't get paid well enough to have competent people

is that a peblo escobar sex doll?

most of the problems it support deals with are quite simple (reinstalling programs and whatnot). anything more complicated they can't really fix and is usually the result of the windows admin incompetence

disclaimer: i'm a dba

"I work in IT!"
-actually works in a call center

Because the senior it people are drunk

>'I work in IT'
>doesn't even touch a computer at any point during the day, besides their own standard-issue work computer keyboard and three-button mouse
>surreptitiously-printed """ironic""" it helpdesk problems meme thumbtacked to cubicle wall in defiance of clean desk policy

I don't think you understand quite how many mouth breathers there are out there.

haha we like to get a little 'wild' here at the funny farm

>how do i backwards b

Why are you so fucking incompetent that you require IT support?

As a guy who worked level 2 tech support supervisor for a while, let me tell you why that's bullshit.

We don't make things hard for people, level 3 does. It's all them mostly. For example, we ran support for this website that is highly important for our customers and it required a high uptime. That shit was down almost every single weekend for the time I worked there. Sometimes it was scheduled maintenance, other times it was their shit breaking. What the website gave regardless of either issue was an "access denied" error when it was down. This confused the hell out of our customer base who called in reporting their access was revoked(which was never the case). We told them that it's not an issue with their account but an issue with the website and that level 3(the assholes who run the website) are working on it. 2 days later after we report to their team that its broke its still down. It's now Monday which is when the call center gets busy, we receive a couple hundred calls the first couple hours of people complaining that their website is preventing them access.

We start getting bitched at for a problem that we reported days ago by management. I suggest to them that we should have the NOC open a flag and that we put a message on the phone. Both suggestions were shot down by management. We continue to get assraped on the phones. This goes on until the website administrators finally bounce the server which fixes the god damn problem. I suggest to their team leader that they change their "access denied" error message to something more descriptive. He refuses because according to their contract any displayed downtime for the website is lost money for them. I get pissed off that they're only in it for the money and for not keeping the customers happy. We get into an argument that goes nowhere, I give up and tell him that his team needs to get their shit together. And like always, the people blamed us for the fuck-up of others.

I'm gonna tell you why.

>ask boss to buy tool/solution Z
>"golly gee!! it's too expensive!!!!! can't you just use Y?"
>Y is literally the worse software ever, but the company behind it markets it like it's a silver bullet
>we have to work around using V+W+X
>ask boss to hire more guys, coz whenever somebody is sick or goes on vacation we get fucked
>"why mate? your team is doing fine!"
>shit blows up and we're not able to fix shit and give satisfying support at the same
>country's economic/politic crysis hits company hard and they get rid of a bunch of guys
>the understaffed support team has to take care of the network and servers now

(at least we got a raise)

because companies hire people that have good metrics on the phone.
they dont care if you actually know what your doing; they just want you to sell if applicable and take as many calls as possible. aleast thats how it was when i did broadband tech support.