If your shitting yourself with excitement over the new awesome product apple is about to release, then post ITT

If your shitting yourself with excitement over the new awesome product apple is about to release, then post ITT

Apple has killed the floppy, the CD, the physical music store, the non-smart phone, the mp3 player, the point and shoot camera and the flash botnet. Now they are about to kill the 3.5mm jack. fuck yeah

threefiddy

>not happy about losing the 3.5 port.
>gonna have an open mind about it on wednesday.
>cynical enough to know this is another cash grab from apple.

dreading the idea of going back to android.

Apple hasn't done anything even relatively interesting since the iPad. I doubt the new iPhone 7 Plus S© will be jack shit.

Also, why are you excited that you won't be able to charge your phone while listening to music? What a fucking pain.

>applel has killed the floppy
yeah sure dude, because we'd still be using it for it's 3mb of storage in 2016 without applel's divine intervention
>the cd
my fucking ultrabook has a cd-rom, albeit it can read blurays too
>the physical music store
look at this pleb not getting his music on vinyl
>the mp3 player
yeah, no, incorporating a product into another product is not killing it and also, they're not dead, applel itself still sells them
>the point and shoot camera
my 1" retroiluminated sensor carl zeiss optics sony rx100 disagrees with you, you phone quality camera settling faggot
>the 3.5mm jack
i'm pretty sure that the 3.5mm jack was doing just fine before the ipod and i'm pretty sure it will continue to do so even after the applel tm music port

go and take your faggotry with you

>killed the floppy, the CD, the physical music store, the non-smart phone, the mp3 player, the point and shoot camera. Now they are about to kill the 3.5mm jack

fuckin dicks

Only care about the 15" pro refresh at this point. If it's garbage then I'm out and making a hackintosh my main machine.

can't wait to further contemplate the thin and light meme when I have to attach a bulk ass xbox huge adapter to my phone just to use a decent pair of headphones

can't wait to eventually cave and buy a pair of headphones exclusively for use with my phone that trade the occasional cord tangle for 4 hours of battery life and more incompatibility with various devices other than my own that I sometimes use headphones with

modern technology is so exciting and innovative

>Apple has killed the floppy, the CD, the physical music store, the non-smart phone, the mp3 player, the point and shoot camera and the flash botnet. Now they are about to kill the 3.5mm jack. fuck yeah
But user, apple didn't kill any of those things. They were old things when apple removed them from their computers, but kept in most PCs for legacy reasons. The fact that apple removed them from their computers before others did (Not even true regarding the optical drive) didn't accelerate their deprecation. I owned an iMac G3 graphite in the early 2000s and I had an external USB floppy drive because despite being old tech floppies were still kind of necessary before USB sticks became ubiquitous.

>The fact that apple removed them from their computers before others did (Not even true regarding the optical drive) didn't accelerate their deprecation.
their hard-on for USB starting with the iMac visibly accelerated the adoption of USB as we know it today, which before that point was pretty much a useless, poorly supported bus only used for printers

>The Universal Serial Bus was never meant to be universal

lel, i had a phone that could play mp3's and take photos in 2002

just like the Itanium was the only architecture you'll ever need in the 21st century, intentions are irrelevant

like it or not, Steve's retarded war on the professional market and the legacy-free movement that followed a few years afterwards forced a lot of vendors to start pushing USB like they never did before

> visibly accelerated the adoption of USB
> not FireWire

>apple trying to push firewire
>manufacturers don't care because many pcs don't have it so they use usb instead
>a-apple was pushing usb the whole time guys!
i remember when you could get 10 seconds into a conversation with a mac fan without firewire being mentioned

I mean it helps that USB bandwidth increased to the point where FireWire usage became largely unnecessary too. In firewire's early days there was definitely a case to be made for its existence

No, apple didn't have a hardon for USB, and they certainly weren't the reason it became popular. They disliked it, especially then, and tried to replace it with FireWire, which they always claimed was a much better standard. And no, printers weren't the first devices to widely adopt usb. The parallel port was used for printers for a long time. Mice and keyboards were the first major usb devices used by the general public. Apple actively worked against USB, it wasn't until 2004 that they started supporting it for the ipod. 2004 is 6 years after the iMac was released.

>can't charge phone and listen to music

so whats the current best android phone i guess
the note7 looked good but the battery issues put me off

sure, not saying firewire was bad or anything, just that that was what apple was pushing, usb was there because that's where the industry was already heading, they wanted to be compatible

This. I already need a lightning pass through on my 6, ditching the headphone jack makes it absolutely essential in the box.

theres definitely an adapter
it would be idiotic not to include one

I dont ca- FLOENS ..care about you at all,apple

Quick, name one alternative to 3.5mm Apple is using that's better.

there's a 3.5mm adaptor yes, but I've not seen anything about a lightning passthrough that allows you to charge the phone while keeping the lightning port free for connecting USB/MIDI devices/headphones, for example

Bluetooth

Lower audio quality, doesn't transfer power so device requires a battery, and drains the iPhone battery.

>Lower audio quality

Hasn't bluetooth had something like 25mb/s bandwidith since version 4?

If on the fly compression/decompression has to be done, then the bitrate of the audio is going to be much higher. And 25 megabit/s is optimal conditions. Like 400 megabit/s wifi.

just buy a battery case goy

/thread

3.5 mm of cum from your inferior white boiclitty drips through your cock cage whole sucking jarells dick you fucking homo

Ah of course. Hence the high quality format designed specifically for bluetooth (apx or something?)

Back on topic I don't think that would be much of an issue in the iphone's case. Anyone who actually wants to listen to high quality audio is most likely using a USB DAC anyway

i like horsedick in my ass just a friendly reminder

>b-but that doesn't agree with my revisionist idea that Apple only steals! they hated USB! wanted to push firewire the whole time!
the mental gymnastics you people will go through

>They disliked it, especially then, and tried to replace it with FireWire
what fucking planet are you living on where this was even remotely the case? FW was already three years old by the time Apple shitcanned their peripheral buses in favor of USB, which it was never intended to even compete with. FW was a replacement for SCSI as a high-speed external storage bus, not a general use peripheral bus.

>And no, printers weren't the first devices to widely adopt usb. The parallel port was used for printers for a long time.
it was pretty much the only fucking thing you used a USB port for in the early days, since it was leagues ahead of the garbage that was parallel

>Mice and keyboards were the first major usb devices used by the general public.
you'd be hard pressed to find a system in 1996/1997 that even supported USB HIDs let alone systems that shipped with them before the iMac started popularizing them, hell, even operating systems barely supported the standard out the box if they did at all

>Apple actively worked against USB, it wasn't until 2004 that they started supporting it for the ipod.
...and this is the basis of your assumption?
because Apple didn't chose the notoriously slow-ass USB 1.x bus for a single product that is for all intents and purposes a storage device when they have a high speed storage-oriented bus shipping on every one of their systems for exactly this kind of thing anyway is somehow Apple actively "working against" USB? even though their systems often featured more USB ports than other mainstream vendors? even though their systems really pushed you to use USB for practically everything but storage?

What is a phone dock, Alex.