A reminder that Carmack takes credit for an Indian guy's work and ideas

A reminder that Carmack takes credit for an Indian guy's work and ideas.

prove it lazy guy

reminder that indians are losers

*Native American

And ask them which ideas and implementations belonged to who. They'll probably be able to agree on who takes credit for what.

>Romero's danzig hair

kek 90s

BASED ROMERO

Daikatana....Yeah tell me more about how great Romero was.

What are the odds they are wearing roller blades (Fruit boots) in that pic as well?

One time I was sitting in front a computer in Microcenter and some guy was hyping up Daikatana saying it was awesome and that I should get it. I laughed and said I heard was total dogshit. It was about this time I turned around to see John Romero storm off and John Carmack chase after him to try to calm him down. John Carmack was hyping up Romero's game. I felt kinda bad afterwords desu. Not bad enough to buy Daikatana though.

Based on "Masters of Doom," both of them were pretty closely matched as young programmers, but after they met and as time went on, Carmack continued becoming a code-monkey nerd god, while Romero became a designer and fun idea guy. Together they were the perfect duo for making awesome games, but then they split around the time of Quake 1. When Romero left Id, he took his fun spirit and ideas with him.

Without Romero, Id/Carmack's games were technically impressive, but straightforward and dull (see: the Quake series).

Without Carmack, Romero's ideas were too ambitious, so his games were stuck in development hell and couldn't live up to his wild expectations (see: Daikatana).

Overall I'd say Carmack is a more interesting, intelligent, and influential guy. The book says that he's always been into making virtual realities as immersive as the holodeck, which is sort of confirmed by his position as "chief technology officer" at Oculus.

Quake 2, quake 3, and return to castle wolfenstein were awesome. DOOM 3 was the last good ID game that got released.

arent both of them legends anyway?

Romero is the brains behind Quake. He doesn't get half the attention Carmack does.

you fucking faggots

It was originally Carmack's idea of a game that takes place in space and fight demons.

Now I want to read Masters of Doom again.

romero is wayyyyyy more famous

>John Romero is so washed up, he's now working at a gas station.

>DOOM 3 was the last good ID game that got released

Mah nigga.

I still install it and run to completion every year. 2004 was an awesome year for PC games. Far Cry, Doom 3 and Half Life 2.

Damn dude, Romero made it big if he's working at the only remaining Fire Chief Texaco on the planet

I must be one of the only people on Earth that liked Rage

Doom 3 was an abomination not worthy of the Doom name. NuDoom (the new game) isn't much better.

>far cry
Far cry from good.
>HL2
Slippery Physics Garbage And Forced Fucking Shitty Controls Vehicle Sections: The Game

Gaming has gone downhill since the mid-90s.

Yes, it had nice skyboxes. Wait, didn't they block hands_fovscale? I uninstalled after spending a good few hours trying to get that shit working.

Hello, this thread's contrarian shit-stain.

There's an unlocked 64-bit .exe alongside the 32-bit one, although that shit should've been there at launch instead of 2 1/2 years later

>contrarian
Have you played videogames since the 1970s? Have you seen them grow up into nice, simple games that aren't bullshit? Have you watched games that were the late 80s/early 90s equivalent of today's "10/10 GOTY" bullshit get laughed out of the industry and given shit reviews? Did you watch as the industry started to pander to a new generation of non-gamers with style over substance shit in the mid-90s like Mario 64 and Metal Gear Solid? Did you watch it descend into madness and shit since as games became more of a movie-like presentation than actual games?

I did.

I honestly believe that every modern gamer should be FORCED to play ONLY pre-1995 games for at least a couple of years before being allowed to play modern garbage. It's sad that so many people from my era got brainwashed along with the nugamers and became convinced modern garbage is good.

Gaming is shit now and the only thing that will make it good again is to get people to really understand how games are supposed to be. They're not supposed to be like this.

that game pissed me off. just when it was starting to get good it ended.

>Have you played videogames since the 1970

Why, yes I have. There was a tonnage of bullshit back then and throughout the ages. That doesn't mean my current games are shit. Well, up until the COD generation and DLC out the ass, which is partly the reason I don't play them any more.

>Metal Gear Solid
no. games like undertale and superhot? yes.

>This guy takes vidya this fucking seriously.

This is pretty hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, user.

Everything was too little, too late.
Just noticed I bought the dlc too, fug.

*my -> any

There is always shit. It's unavoidable.

What I'm talking about is the quality of the so-called "best" games. Back then, it was high. Now... not so much.

Undertale and superhot are shit. And so is MGS. MGS isn't so much of a game as a fucking movie with moments of a pain in the ass, shit controls "stealth" BS game.

It's bad and the sooner people realize this, the sooner modern "gaming" can die.

I'm sorry you have no passion for things in your life, child. Maybe you should leave Sup Forums, grow up a little bit, learn that things that you do require you to invest yourself at least a little in them, then come back and apologize for being a little underage soulless fuck.

>What I'm talking about is the quality of the so-called "best" games

Yeah I understand what you mean. For me, gaming really tailed off at the end of the PS2's life. Once Microsoft and Xbox came onto the scene, gaming started its downfall into commercial hell. Anyway, that's another topic.

For me, Doom3 was the last enjoyable release by id; thinking about it now, it matches up with the twilight of the PS2 era as described. Everything after just stinks of suits ripping off gamers for cheap profit.

God bless you President Trump.

>And so is MGS.
ALLAHU AKBAR