Alright Sup Forums, I've done it. I've removed gapps from my phone...

Alright Sup Forums, I've done it. I've removed gapps from my phone. I've started manually downloading my apps as apk files online, but should I be worried about them? How can I tell if it's been modified?

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/
o9i.de/2015/10/23/howto-gmscore.html
github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Halp

Enjoy apps never working properly again and malware from installing shit without the play store.

>So much tinfoil fear of Google that you'd rather risk malware.

>he doesn't know about evozi apk downloader
kek

Not tinfoil, Just looking for better performance and battery life, and my favorite apps are getting shit updates.

Plus I haven't had a single ad in any app since getting rid of gapps, which is nice.

The entire fucking point of the Play Services is to reduce battery usage across apps by providing an API to lower the amount of time the phone spends awake.

>google play services
>reduce battery uses
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NO

>Manually

What, why.

- go get f-droid.org/ and use it to keep programs up to date

- go get a reversed google play services which just passes around GCM so you can use Signal (textsecure) and other regular apps in Google Playstore o9i.de/2015/10/23/howto-gmscore.html outdated but still relevant article, source here: github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore

You can block adds in all apps easily at the hosts file level

>battery life

turn down your screen brightness it's 90% of battery life.

can also just run in battery saver mode, you still get updates to chat programs and SMS/calls, but you don't have constant synch of background junk like Gmail app trying to snitch on your moving location every 30seconds

Use AdAway too.
Blocks ads on system level.

>Enjoy apps never working properly again
Found the retard. The apps with no google dependencies will work fine.
>malware from installing shit without the play store.
implying google services are not malware.

F-Droid my dude

So the apk files found online aren't malware?

>He drank the kool-aid

>gapps
gaps?
apps?
gas?
I never had a gas-powered phone.

I bet this was hilarious in your head

mustard one?

Hilarious

>Pissphone pls

>pissphone thinks he knows what he's talking about

Man and here I though I'd have to go to Reddit to get my fill of brain dead puns.

Hahaha