Windows 7 VS Windows 10

Fight to the death.

Which is the better OS?
Why?
Is it worth going back to Windows 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With Windows 10 I get very good WiFi connection on my Microsoft Surface Book even when I'm far away from home and on a designated street.

Windows 10 is free and great. Im very glad i took advantage of the free upgrade.

The one that doesn't make you pay up for Solitaire.

Windows 10 is pretty nice and the "privacy issues" seem way overblown to me.

Soon neither because the windows 10 update model is being applied to windows 7 and 8.1 very soon, starting with this october.

@56444361
>"privacy issues"
lol the paranoids have always been saying everything about windows is fake botnet spyware shitty etc, but THEY NEVER GIVE A SOURCE. POST SOME ACTUAL PROOF FOR ONCE. (and crappy clickbait articles don't count.)

@56444385

Yeah for real. Ugh I don't even want to discuss this anymore. The paranoids will just keep babbling on.
It makes zero sense for Microsoft to "spy" on you. Yup, zero sense. Nobody at Microsoft even slightly gives a flying fuck about the fact that you download pirated movies or visit Sup Forums.
If anything, I love how some people here whine about how Windows 10 is supposedly buggy, but then whine when they want to gather diagnostic and crash data with telemetry. There's just no pleasing anyone at this point.

Yea.

Could you please explain more?

I whole-hardedly agree sir. Windows 10 fine os. u should not worry about it spying,, as is only there to catch the cyber criminals and not to watch the public.... Telemetry is a terrorist and hacker deterrent. Do not be afraid.

install it

Okay it's not funny anymore

10 is better because it'll last longer and has more features and conveniences in general. If you dislike 10 for whatever reason, then 7 will work fine until at least 2020 when it stops receiving any updates/support from Microsoft.

Exactly what I was considering doing. 2020 is somewhat far away. I was just worried about what this user mentioned Hopefully he could explain a little more.

Windows 7 is for the aryan master race
Windows 10 is for the untermensch with poo in loo ancestors

He's probably referring to this:
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/
>From October 2016 onwards, Windows will release a single Monthly Rollup that addresses both security issues and reliability issues in a single update.

They're making big monthly updates instead of allowing people to pick and choose specific updates. They say the change is to help make Windows less fragmented in general, which is probably true, but also it definitely gives them more control over your system.

Personally, I've been running fully updated Windows 8, 8.1, and (currently) 10 since their releases with no issues. I pirate tons of software and games (including Windows itself via KMSPico) with no issues because Defender always asks you before taking any action. I see no reason to avoid updates when they don't affect me negatively.

Day to day, there's not much difference.

Pros for Windows 10 is that it has some interesting new technologies in the pipeline (e.g. Subsystem for Linux, promise of better encapsulation for desktop applications using App-V containers).

Cons are that Windows 10 seems to be less stable overall than Windows 7. Several times I've had Windows 10 just seize up as if it can't access the hard disk any more, necessitating a hard reset. Also, Windows 10 seems to be a lot more aggressive at scheduling virus scans, runtime optimizations, and other background tasks than Windows 7. It seems like every time I walk away from my computer for thirty seconds I come back to find it running with the fan at full blast, crunching away at some scheduled task. Obviously it makes sense to do it when the user isn't at the computer, but it still gives you the feeling that the computer is not entirely under your control when you can tell it's been up to something behind your back.

I'm not running away from 10, I'll use it eventually... when it comes out of alpha. The current state is shit, it's 50% win32 and 50% UWP, fucking disgusting

7, because no video games of note use DX12 effectively enough to matter.
If you aren't playing video games, you have no reason to use Windows on your home computer.

relevant pic

Are they gonna be adding there Telementry bullshit?

What are some Pros and Cons for Windows 7?

Fuck man, I want to get Forza Horizon 3 but that will be Windows 10 only :(

>Windows 7 is for the aryan master race
Not anymore, it's been tainted by the jews. Time to jump ship to GNU/Linux.

indians are true aryans though

How is using Windows 7 as your daily driver?

It's perfectly usable.

i dont get it. windows 7 was so bad i installed ubuntu 10.x then went back to vista.

Pros for Windows 7: doesn't do the shit I listed in the cons for Windows 10. Better compatibility with some older software like Photoshop CS2. Comes with license to run XP in a VM. Calculator is nicer to use. Still runs older screensavers that paint over the desktop if that's your thing.

Cons for Windows 7: missing some of the nice stuff from Windows 8 and Windows 10 like built in ISO mounting, built in virtual desktops, command prompt improvements, built in recovery options, taskbar on second monitor, better window management, etc.

What was bad about 7?

Linux

I like Windows 10 so good. It has the power of Edge Internet browser, with it's innovative features and userfriendly.

>Which is the better OS?
My vote is for Windows 10 because it at least has the decency to kill itself. :^)

Any security threats?

Fuck that is a big con for me, I use dual-monitors.

Ok

True

delete this!!

I haven't had any problems with Windows 10.
It takes a little bit of time to make it usable, but it's worth it.

Tried Ubuntu for a while and even riced it but I became very unimpressed.

Neither have I really, I just deal with it. I would go to Windows 7 in a heart beat though, if I could get better dual-monitor support and support for games like Forza Horizon 3 and a few other Microsoft titles.

Everything works perfectly plus older software works better. As for security threats, I dunno, I pirate a lot of shit anyway, but I know where to get it from and don't get any malware

How do you have W10 set up on your pc?
Right now W10 seems like a theme for W7 on mine.

Are there any fixes for the monitor thing?

Didn't do much to it. I left basically everything how it was, I disabled Cortana and Windows Defender.

Cool

Windows 10 is the most secure operating system yet and basically you'd be foolish not upgrading to it especially coming from such an aged and deprecated operating system like Windows 7. With 24/7 support and updates and the industry standard, Windows 10 will revolution the workplace and home by streamlining and innovating how you stay connected. With more affordable prices then ever and greater variety and support Windows is truly the first multiplatform operating system.

>shilling this hard
There are no security issues with previous windows. Unless you don't know how to secure your PC in which case running even the latest OS won't help you.

Did you seriously fall for that?

What the fuck has happened to Sup Forums?

Obviously I didn't, but I don't want newfags to fall for this and actually believe this to be true next summer. The last thing this place needs are more windows shills when we already have half of Sup Forums here.

ive been using windows 7 as a daily driver for about 5 years. I tried out windows 8 and hated it. They went for a sleek design and tried to make navigation easy but it ultimately sucked in my eyes and kept me away. Imo windows 10 was just windows 8 with a start menu and adds in the start menu. Windows 7 works perfectly as an everyday os. You wont have security problems if you just use your brain and avoid shady sites/files. Overall windows 7 was and is fantastic, it feels like an upgraded xp done right, and xp was amazing. Fuck windows 10, if you want the ease and compatibly of a windows os, just use 7, theres no reason to not.

The Apple Macbook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have these problems.

Get a Windows 10 Enterprise ISO, KMSpico it, disable the overt spying (only Enterprise installs can), and boom, an OS better in every way to Windows 7.

Ive been on 7 for the last few years. Very little updates if any. Its basically maintenance free.
Is it secure? It seems secure enough. Im not sure what I have to do to receive some exploit hack/virus/scamware/etc

>(only Enterprise installs can)
lol

oh my sweet Sup Forums, how far you've fallen

Windows 10 would be better if Microsoft did not break it with every single update

>implying you can disable the botnet on Enterprise

I can't tell if Microsoft is paying a bunch of panjeets to shill in their name from their call center, or a band of merry men has laid down some 3/10 bait

>tfw Win8.1 master race.

Yea the shilling and bait is getting out of fucking hand.

Yea. Even though I am on Windows 10 I still have major love for Windows 7, the design is just so much better! I hate all that Metro and ad bullshit.
I would have really loved to go back if Microshaft didn't shove Windows 10 up your throat so fucking hard.

0/10

I'm okay with 10. Just pick custom options and disable those language customization, predictive browsing, and auto-connecting to shit networks. You can also turn off smartscreen too if you really want to.

And now it's basically 8 with an okay set of included apps and a nicer notifications system.

Yea but still has some bloat running in the back like Candy crush.

Windows 10 installs drivers automatically, that's a bit of a deal breaker.

How? I taught people liked that.

Because the drivers MS supplies aren't always the ones that work best for you.

reinstalling drivers isn't hard if you're not a total fucking idiot, you can do whatever you want

Anecdotal story time. Most my devices have Windows 10, lest my older Alienware which I refused to upgrade. Recently I decided to concede because certain drivers weren't functioning properly, and Dell dropped support for this model years ago (they also warned that they stopped further OS support). Almost immediately after upgrading, everything functioned. Except stutters and lag were more noticeable, and I had a very, very difficult time connecting to networks. I'm aware of the unavailable connection issue; my situation was picking and connecting to a network would take minutes, even my own. My laptop eventually becoming a sitting hard drive. The issue has gotten better since, but I miss Windows 7 to a certain degree.

Home and Pro versions of 10 are spyware+adware.
Which is why they give them away for free.

10 Enterprise is somewhat tolerable, but still buggier than 7.

Yea it's not that hard.

Why not get a new laptop? Those maymay gaming ones suck anyways.

Enterprise is good but I don't like the idea of installing some software that could possibly be full of undetectable rootkits and malware.

Then update fuckhead

I am you cunt, but I want to go back to Windows 7, if I do I lose Forza.