All my new build parts are in the mail and I'm just sitting here waiting

All my new build parts are in the mail and I'm just sitting here waiting.

This will be my first build, how hard is it going to be Sup Forums?

It's very difficult.
Make sure you're properly grounded at all times or you'll fry your parts.
Also, be VERY careful when installing the processor. The slightest wrong move will destroy it and you're screwed.

It's easy if you know what you are doing. Some even find it fun.

I didn't buy one of those wrist strap things. Am I fucked

What's something that's grounded in my house?

forgot pic

Open the electrical panel.

You'll see a solid copper wire connected to the ground bus.

If you attach a metal wire to that, and then attach the wire to your wrist, you'll be fine.

kek

there's a 50% chance you're trying to kill me

kek it's easy
touch some metal or ground before doing it as static electricity
be careful installing cpu as pins are fragile
other than that, it's pretty much lego
make sure motherboard doesn't touch the case (install the legs) as it'll short it
and that's it
it was hard back in the day as you could plug things backward but not anymore

As long as you don't touch the two service wires feeding the main breaker, you're gonna be just fine.

Every house is required to be grounded. The bare copper wire is that ground.

I put together my last 7 PCs wearing footy pajamas in a room at less than 5% humidity wearing no bracelet.

You'll be fine.

You will die trying that is a fact

touch a faucet

Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy.

The plumbing in most residential homes has a small electrical charge due to the friction of grit running through the pipes. If you're going to go this route, find the service valve at the street. There is an automatic discharge valve that releases the charge every week or so. Make sure you release the charge before you trust it to be a solid ground.

Okay.

That static things was scaring me. This is my build, any guides you guys recommend?

Since you're still waiting for your parts, just run down to the nearest computer parts or electronics store and pick up the bracelet. Why risk damaging your parts?

Ya they probably have one, what should I attach it to though, I'll set up a table near it.

Dude, no one here wears the fucking bracelet.

You'll be fiiiiiine. I wouldn't worry about it.

>no one of Sup Forums uses the bracelet
Wow. Shocking.

Sick pun.

Seconding being careful when installing the CPU. Don't accidentally smack the pins and bend them.

you can be pretty rough with computer components

wrist strap thing is a meme, just touch metal (your case works) and don't build on a carpet with socks or slippers or w/e

put your cpu in and latch it down first thing, so you don't risk fucking up the motherboard pins.

otherwise it's really easy. the hardest part is arguably the front panel connectors

Okay I'll watch a bunch of guide for the CPU and be careful.

that little golden triangle on the corner of your cpu corresponds to your motherboard socket, there's going to be a little triangle on the mobo, make sure they're in the same direction/orientation, and gently place it in, then latch the cpu down and you're gucci

Stop trying to break his stuff man.

OP, it's exactly the opposite of what this jackass just told you.

Kek. OP is going to be sweating so much he'll drip all over the board.

this guy is correct

this guy is not

This. Anyone else is just being a troll.

This guy is correct

This guy is not

You're fine, just read the instructions and don't be a retard.

>don't be a retard

I'm fucked.

Okay I'm going to lean against an unpainted part of my case naked while standing on the kitchen floor while the PSU is plugged into the wall and is off.

This sound good?

Basically this.

This

In my IT class in Highschool my teacher said he never used it and just touches the power source to ground himself.

I've only ever heard of one person shorting their Mobo before, he was building his PC on his carpet like a retard.

>touch an exterior service valve to build your PC

You just dying for a chance to talk about work or something?

install your psu, plug it in, but make sure it's off, then attatch the bracelet to any bare-not painted- metal in your case

perfect

Fuck there are alot of trolls here. Don't be to concerned about static. Don't wear socks or work on carpet. Holding your hand on the case will remove any static. Just take it slow and refer to the internet. Plan for a good 6 hours if its your first time.