AMD and Nvidia users, are you happy with how your gpu is and has been performing...

AMD and Nvidia users, are you happy with how your gpu is and has been performing? Do you really care about things like power draw, fan noise, software..? Will you switch next upgrade?

Other urls found in this thread:

guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
my.mixtape.moe/dyxrzj.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wish nVidia would support freesync. I'm not going to spend more on a g-sync monitor than I did on my actual GPU.

I usually look to get my AMD shit on sale.
Bought an R9 380 for less than $150.
I enjoy AMD products because red is my favorite color, obviously.

I'm due for a gpu upgrade at the end of the year. I've had nvidia for the last two cards. Going to try AMD just for a change of pace. The last one I had, 6870, was great and still runs in a friend's computer.

I'm for competition and don't have anything against nvidia. Their sharing software works great. I've played Witcher 3 on a 1070 a state away on a friends comp with very little input lag.

Not sure if AMD can do something similar.

im happy with my 1080, and i was happy with my 980ti, 780, 680 before that. Switched from AMD during the 7000 series because the driver support went to shit and I had to RMA the Sapphire 7950 like 3 times in a row. Then the shop just offered me to exchange it to an EVGA 680.

I also just bought a 27" 1440p Gsync monitor so I guess I'm locked in with Nvidia for a while at least.

Picked up an RX480 to replace my aging GTX 770 and I'm overall pretty happy. There has been some driver weirdness that's been going on recently but I'm pretty sure that has something to do with some left over NVIDIA shit that I have to go clean up. I really like the software, it's clean and works, while lacking a ton of bloat.

The one thing that pisses me off is that every time I install a new driver update, Raptr-botnet get's installed. So I'm gonna do something about that later.

My two 970's became a grandpa and slowly convinced to buy a 1080 or wait for the ti's to come out.

i buy amd rx480. it very best good, blazing performance like my spicy curry.

You can choose to opt out of Raptr on the install option.

Got an rx 470 8gb recently, decided to use hook up two monitors to it, both in hdmi. Sometimes on boot up of computer one monitor won't get video, so have to restart it to get it to work, I'd expect it to work better, so I went back to just having the other monitor on integrated graphics and no problems.

Bought a 980 back in Feb of '14, then another used a few months later. Paid for Titan X performance in optimal scenarios and got it minus VRAM.

Problem is SLI implementation in 90%+ games is garbage and they're basically worthless. Won't be fooled again.

Oh well. I plan on giving one card to my cousin and the other to a friend with the 1180ti comes out, or whatever Nvidias first HBM2 offering is.

VERY satisfied with my AMD/ATI 9800 pro, x1950, HD4890, HD5870, HD7970,R9 260x

Had poor experiences with my Nvidia Ti 4800, GTX 7950, GTX 780ti

Will probably go with AMD Vega for my next card.

I have a 1gb 560ti and it's been a great card over the years. It's a reference one too so it gets hot and loud.

Just recently got a 1440p monitor and it runs some games surprisingly well at 1440p.

Gonna replace it with a 6gb 1060 this week.

>yfw you go AMD

I am getting kind of pissed with my 780ti getting outperformed by my much older 7970 in some new games. Worst upgrade decision ever. Should have waited for the 290x to come back in stock.

sounds like I should try amd for my 1st gpu.

Depends on what kind of upgrade cycle you want to do. Nvidia has good support for their current cards but as soon as the next series comes out the old cards get cucked.

got a fury x. it's doing just fine for me. probably won't have to upgrade for another 3-4 years.

I've been using an old HD 6870 for many years now. I recently built a new computer, and while waiting for my new card to arrive, I tried using my old one temporarily.

Apparently, there's a "rare" issue with AMD GPUs that cause a permanent black screen whenever AMD drivers are installed. So instead of gaming on integrated graphics, I went back to my old computer. Hopefully the new card doesn't cause issues, otherwise i'll be going team Green.

oh i see what you mean. ill put that into consideration.

Start in safe mode
use this guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

>AMD
>are you happy with how your gpu is and has been performing?
Yes. It does what I need it for.
>Do you really care about things like power draw
No.
>fan noise
Yes.
>software..?
Haven't had any problems, so whatever.
>Will you switch next upgrade?
Nope.

I tried to switch from my gtx 960 to the rx480. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to boot up no matter what I did. Weird thing is with power connectors in, it wouldn't boot up but without it would boot up but got black screen.
I think my motherboard is just way to old and the last bios update it got was in 2011.

Thanks but I'm aware that the only way to get rid of the drivers is to go through safe mode and completely remove them. Regardless, there's no way to fix the black screen on driver installation.

I am fairly happy. Trying to decide if I should buy a new 480 and sell my reference or stick with my reference 480 and wait for vega.

My 270x has served me well, but it's been 2 generations and I feel like I just don't run big titles like I did 3 years ago, I jumped and got a sapphire 480 for $280, did I fuck up Sup Forums?

if it's reference, you fucked up.
if it's aftermarket, you only fucked up a little.

I am content with my R9 380X
I bought it new for the same price as a 380 4GB at the time, and It's held me over very well in the gap between GCN1.0 and Vega.

I have a 750ti.

Not really a poorfag more of a jew so I'll probably get a RX480

Wait to see how Vega performs if you can hold out for it. At the very least it should push the price of the 1070/1080 down.

im getting the rx 480 now

>not buying workstation hardware

>paying 3-10x for the same features
nah.

>workstation hardware
user you cheeky bastard

I installed a modern SSD on a Nehalem based workstation the other day.
It had full AHCI compatibility and worked flawlessly.

I built my first system roughly 4yrs ago and had put in a radeon 6670 so I'd atleast be able to use and play most games on low. I upgraded to a R9 290 when I found one for 250-ish, aside from having to buy a higher wattage psu to power them thing up I really can't complain about performance overall. Next upgrade I will probably switch to a gtx 1080 for the lower power draw and some of the features it has over amd but if the rx 490 is a real good performer I'll probably grab one of them instead

Like the other user said, assuming you got Sapphire's Nitro+, you only fucked up a little. That's just a bit higher than MSRP.

Don't feel too bad though. I actually just bought one at that price yesterday to replace my 280x. It should arrive in about a week.

dont care

Recent GTX 670 -> RX 480 convert, been happy with my decision.

99% chance of upgrading to Vega next Spring if it's not dogshit.

I love how people argue all the time what is better and then there is me, on 5 year old acer with stock graphic card which cant play youtbe videos on higher than 720p quality :/
Not to mention that when you play solitare, it freezes when you win because it cant animate all the cards falling around.

sapphire r9 290 tri-x oc
bought it for $280 now goes for over $400 on amazon almost 2 years old

I would be okay with my 560 Ti but I should've opted for the 2GB version, and damn them for not putting the video encoder and Shadowplay support on it.

My 980ti is a bit loud. Can hear it over my headphones.
My 290 was louder. And it was faulty from the start.
My 6950 was the quietest card I've ever owned.
My 4870 was a beast. Still works but not in use.

AMD 290X, since around its release. I've also picked up a RX 480 for a family member. Both work great so far on both win and Linux. Mostly gaming at 1440p.

I prefer AMD since they seem to favor openness and other principles ad opposed to NV. Still I'll consider either next upgrade . Hopefully the HBM2 cards will be 4K 60 or 120 ready

It has nothing to do with nvidia. AMD just has more powerful hardware. The 290x is more powerful than a gtx980. Like 30% performance is sitting unused behind AMD s shitty Dx11 driver.

It's not more powerful in every aspect, but depending on load it can out perform Gtx 980 in dx12.

R9 270X -> 770 -> 1060
>are you happy with how your gpu is and has been performing?
mostly yes
>Do you really care about things like power draw
Yes.
>fan noise
Not really.
>software..?
Yes.
>Will you switch next upgrade?
Not Nostradamus.

I've been using a Fury X for over a year now and although it was very expensive for its performance (compared to lower end cards) I'm happy with it. Wish it had more VRAM and that I could over clock it more. There water pump makes a high pitched noise but I guess I've gotten used to it. At least the temps are great, never go above 60 on full load.

>r9 290 for $200 about a year ago
Pretty happy. I got a 9% overclock on stock voltage, only had to turn the fans up a little to handle the heat.

Couldn't give a shit about fan noise since I always wear headphones, and I couldn't give a shit about heat unless things start to crash. Drivers don't seem as bad as they used to be.

I'm not the kind to band wagon, whatever gets me the best performance for price at the time is what I buy - at the time it was this baby. Next time it might be Nvidia. Don't really care.

Get nvidia card. Don't play yourself.
my.mixtape.moe/dyxrzj.webm

>980ti classified

its core clock won't budge for shit, but it runs cool and doesn't use a shitton of power. i like the feature where the fans stay off until it hits 60c+.

geforce experience is ok, but i never open it anyway. it and the control panel open really slow

no async compute is shitty. but whatever.

i had an xfx r9 290 before, which was also nice, but underperformed for how strong it was rumored to be. if it's stronger than the 780ti i'm afraid to find out how bad the 780ti really was.

overall i'm pretty happy. a little sad my classified overclocks like garbage though.

All you need to know is that nvidia is the way its meant to be played

Been switching cards from camp to camp, both are good

Had a gtx670, tri-x 290, then swapped it to a 970, then a msi gaming 390 and a 980

looking forward to a 1070 to my main and a RX470 to my secondary pc

Don't care much of temps because they are properly cooled anyway, assisted with case fans.
Slight noise of the fan breeze is acceptable but revving is unnacceptable, so i try to keep it steady