The salesman says the GPU I wanna buy doesn't fit the motherboard I currently have

The salesman says the GPU I wanna buy doesn't fit the motherboard I currently have

My motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. M68MT-D3P (Socket M2)

The GPU I wanna buy: MSI GT710 1GB DDR3

It all started when I told him my previous GPU was the AMD Radeon HD 6870, he checked it online and saw that the HD 6870 has PCI Express 2.1 x16, and he said because of that, the GT710 won't work with my motherboard, because it works on a different PCI

(=he understood it because the PCI of my previous GPU (HD 6870) was PCI Express 2.1 x16 so he says that the motherboard only fits cards of that type, or the motherboard doesn't fit the GT710 because of that PCI, or because of other stuff of the motherboard)

Is the Motherboard really doesn't fit the card?

Thanks a lot

Why would you buy a card that terrible though?

Why would anyone want to go from a 6870 to a GT710?
But no, the GT710 is also a PCI-e card.

My requirements changed, I only want to use my PC now for browsing the internet and FULL HD YouTube videos

So it will work with my motherboard man? Are you 1000% sure? Cause he said it probably won't

If you guys say yes I'd buy it, I just wanna be 100% sure, cause the salesman told me not to buy it, so please consider your answer

Thanks a lot gentlemen

open up your case, look at the connections on your mobo, and see if you have the right one.

> FULL HD YouTube videos
shit man, you'll need at least an 1080 for that

He says that once I open it up and try to fit the card in I won't get my money back if it doesnt work

And he doesn't want to tell me if the connections are good cause he says he doesn't wanna be responsible if the card won't work

I know its pretty stupid, but thats what he says and doesn't change his mind

Unless you made a mistake somewhere on one of the products you mentioned, you should be good to go.
But please don't, it's money down the drain, it's a terrible card. Besides you cannot predict what you'll end up doing with your pc, there's no point in doing a mindless downgrade that also costs you money.

My basic motherboard GPU doesn't support it bro

PCI Express preserves backward compatibility with PCI; legacy PCI system software can detect and configure newer PCI

All PCI-e work in every slot, 3.0 in 1.0 is totally fine.

also your old card is 10 times better than new one.

Of course it does, the guy is a retard
Anyway, don't buy that piece of shit

I know what you're saying, and I pretty much agree with you

But I 100% know that I won't use it for something else, only browsing the internet and youtube, so why should I buy a better card?

If I'm wrong please correct me man

I know, but I won't do gaming, so the card is pretty good, isn't it?

Why should you buy a GPU at all?
Get Raspberry Pi and mount it behind your TV/Monitor and have your Facebook machine.

nigger

btw I also want a card that will last for as many years as possible, and I think that its the best card for the things that I do(internet browsing and youtube), and longevity

No, it isn't,
Even if you just want to look at the pictures of naked ladies like a weirdo you are, GTX710 is not worth the money.

Unless nVidia is paying you.

use that 6870 till it died. why buying something you already had? hd 6000 is already support h264 decode, and I'm sure Google chrome love to fill that hd 6870 vram when browsing internet.

he's wrong, PCI-E is back and forward compatible
you can use any PCI-E card in any PCI-E slot

the only thing that changes is that the bandwidth is limited to whichever is slowest
for example, a 3.0 card in a 2.1 slot may not perform as well as if it was in a 3.0 slot

>My requirements changed, I only want to use my PC now for browsing the internet and FULL HD YouTube videos
your current 6870 is more than enough, in fact, the 6870 is /considereably/ more powerful than a 710

The problem is my basic motherboard GPU doesn't support Full HD..
my old card is dead
so in that case, will it be slower? or will it use its full force and work in 100% power?

He's fucking retarded & so are you. Almost every GPU that exists are fucking pcie x16 especially today

Sales rep has downs syndrome.
PCI express is backwards compatible.

where are you buying it that you can't return it? as a tech salesman we love to say shit like that

Fxp wasn't enough?
And the card will work

wtf dude so your hd6870 is ded? yes if u need it badly go with that 710, i don't know your budget either.

>so in that case, will it be slower? or will it use its full force and work in 100% power?
the 710 is a very low end card, far lower than your existing 6870. i doubt a 710 would even benefit from a slot newer than PCI-E 1.0
i'm not sure what you're thinking, either you've mistaken this card for being better because it's newer, or you're trying to reduce your energy consumption

>my old card is dead
oh, well if you need a card that can play videos the 710 will do the trick
but don't expect to play any games on it

My 730gt have driver failure from time to time on my p5k-e. So yeah. New gpu sometimes can cause troubles with old mobos.

Nice trips