Older Tech

Just replaced a fan in my seven (7) year old Macbook Pro 15" matte screen. How's your older technology working Sup Forums?

I did have to have the whole motherboard replaced once (in warranty) but that was because of the Nvidia GPU. Otherwise, I've only replaced the hard drive and this one fan. Otherwise, this thing has worked brilliantly for the better part of a decade. And that includes running at 90% CPU/GPU very frequently, without overheating.

I have a 2009 17" that still works very well for almost everything.

But, can it runs Crysis?

I have a 6 year old macbook, still werks

i had this laptop, high res matte screen

miss it, so nice
13 rMBP next boy!

I wonder how hard apple will fuck the next pro.

Yep, I actually did play through Crysis 1 and 2 on this laptop. Sub 720p and medium-low settings, but it was playable.

I have a 7 year old x201 that still works well with everything I do on it.

its a real shame that modern laptops are meant to break

my parents have an old satellite from 2009, it still works. its just really slow.

completely different story with new laptops

x201 is bae

I have an Acer aspire one from like 2009 I think, it came with windows xp. Still working with no problems at all, only have to deal with the shitty battery life (but it was already shit back then. 2h at most)

Then I bought a Sony Vaio, it broke after almost 2 years of use. To make things worse, it has an AMD cpu with Radeon graphics so it gets hot after 10 minutes of use.

>X61t
Comfy backup computer. With it had the high res screen though.
>2x Dell E228wfp
$60 each. Good monitors for that price.
>T420
>Implying Sandy Bridge is old

thinkpad x1 hybrid still going strong. android mode (gingerbread) is still surprisingly useful, despite the fact that it can't be rooted. it's not a dinosaur just yet. the only issue is the battery. after several years, it only holds maybe 60% of the original capacity. brand new it did 17 hours of movie watching in android mode. now i'd be lucky if it did 11. gotta hunt for a new battery.

Early 08 macbook pro that I saved from an abusive owner, and a 08 macbook ive had from new still kicking. Shockingly with the original HDDs. That needs to change soon.

Shit I still have an old Acer Aspire One and I love it. It slowed down for me but I put Ubuntu on it and it works good as new.

>29 fps
>playable
give me that bezel
I upgraded my screen to the 1680x1050 matte screen. but I don't have a bezel yet for it and now dust got inside.

my 2011 macbook has 1100 cycles on the battery and now it only gets like 4 hours of life. i paid extra for the matte screen as well i dont want to fucking downgrade to a new one ;_;

>steam

fuck off

if they put that fucking new keyboard on it I'll lose my shit

you can replace the battery you know. also unless you're hurting for ports, the 2015 version is pretty good

i cant find a genuine battery and all of the ones i see for like $50 look like garbage.

not having ethernet is bad enough, but i really dont want a glossy screen

Kek, I limit WoW to 20fps to save battery life, but then again it's a slow paced game. Uses 4-6W according to Intel Power Gadget, so around 8 hours battery life playing it in bed.

I'm assuming that that's not a 2009 macbook pro that you are using in bed then

My 10 year old (primo 2006) Thinkpad T43p finally crapped itself (GPU had a tendency to overheat just doing basic tasks). It really was the pinnacle of business laptop design. RIP in peace

Upgraded to a T60. Dual core is so much more usable but the rest is meh.

used to have a macbook 2009 6.1. Didnt like it much

Ah yeah, no ethernet is kinda shitty. What's wrong with a glossy screen? I haven't had any problems so far.

I'm literally on one of those 15 inch matte MacBooks right now. Picked it up off of my girlfriend's dad for like $75 in perfect condition over the winter. It runs better than most computers I've had, looks great too. I hate how Apple went to the glossy screens