sup /G's
Going to build a pc.
How did i do?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/282152887387
tomshardware.com/reviews/psu-manufacturer-oem,2729.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/NdxLsJ
techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Aidos/6.html
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4s6563/a_short_review_of_palit_gtx_1070_super_jetstream/
pcpartpicker.com/list/RQh6r7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>NOTE:
Iknow the power supply is ridiculously expensive on the list but im not buying from these retailers

>i5
>2400Mhz Memory
>Only one SSD
>1070

Stop being a poorfag and build a proper pc

bump
also planning to build a pc

Get a 850 EVO.
Other GTX 1070 to avoid problems.
Never buy windows.

REEE RMAing my Gigabyte Mobo right now. Shit didn't fucking POST.

OP here.
Whats wrong with the 1070? I chose it because its the most silent one i could find.
And why not buy windows?

Did it die? Why?

>Did it die? Why?
Didn't fucking post. Fans came on nothing happened. 99% of the time it doesn't POST its the chink-shit motherboard. all in all I can't recommend a single MoBo brand as they are all chinkshit, and each of the brands has failed on me once.

Luckily Amazon is rush shipping a new one.

---

I got a 1070 as well, ignore the meme >1080 poster. You don't have a hard drive, so if this is your main PC I'd get an 850 EVO, otherwise a 750 EVO SSD.

Lastly, fags on Sup Forums always post >Never buy windows, but I didn't feel like spending 5 hours trying to find an activatable ISO, or dealing with DAZ loader.

You're fucking retarded.

99% of post errors are fuck wits not seating the ram right.

If thats the case then its probably your on fault.
Gigabyte seems to be more reliable from what if have read anyway.
And since the 1080 can't do 4k60fps anyway the 1070 will do fine at 1440p until a single GPU can do 4K

>I appreciate the feedback btw

I've never had post errors, I was just giving the other user shit.

Unless he actually went through a post error diagnostic process, instead of just blaming the board and returning it right away like it sounds like he did.

good to know thx

If you ever have post errors, 99% of the time it's gonna be something you did, not gonna lie.

Cpu power not connected, motherboard power not connected, bent cpu pins, mis seated ram, ram corrupted, to list some of the common ones.

Not to mention he probably didn't even try to trouble shoot it at that. Alot of motherboards aren't made with the error code speaker anymore but they still report errors by beeping if you connect your sound up to the motherboard. Alot of them nowadays even have a small 8 line screen on them to show error codes.

Buy a windows 10 key from kinguin.net for 30 sheckels

Haha only post error i ever had was because i forgot to connect my GPU to the power supply Doh!

hmmm. I have in fact checked kinguin buuut im not to fond of shady marketplaces with "buy shields", products bought with stolen credit cards, and the possibility of an OS key not working or getting disabled.
Its like paying for a torrent. If you're gonna spend money might as well pay for at legit version imo

We'll considering you don't need a gpu from post that wasn't a post error. That was your pc telling you you should probably plug in the gpu you're trying to run a monitor off of.

Motherboard still screaming though

Gpu was probably drawing power from the pcie lane, but not getting the rest of its power, so the motherboard threw a fit.

The 1080 can do 4K 60fps with like 2 or 3 settings turned down a little

Id like to see that on future tittles like Battlefield 1 Mafia 3, Hitman and Titanfall 2

I guess you'll see in the future won't you

>hitman
Anybody who wants to play hitman can get AMD, in fact they can all go play hitman together, and have a happy hitman-playing life

Another thing. Should i get an i7 or a xeon instead of i5? I see a lot of games are starting to take advantage of hyper threading.

The get a i7 if you believe hyperthreading (which has been around a LONG time) is the future
A Xeon is just stupid for a normie desktop, it's not even overpowered it's just wrong for what you're doing

What's a good case if I don't care about aesthetics at all? My top priority is cooling, second is expansion (more hard drives), but I don't want to spend money on the exterior.

You don't believe games are going to benefit from HT?
As for the Xeon Im going to admit I dont know how it would preform gaming, but it is not stupid to get one if you're going build a Hackintosh which i might do on a separate drive.

Milk crate
Best cooling
All the hard drive space
2.5", 3.5", 5.25", doesn't matter, zip ties are universal

Kek

I don't believe that games will stop focusing on single-core performance in time for hyperthreading to really make a difference, no
But hyperthreading is definitely great for other stuff, Intel loves to jew out and pretend a dual core hyperthreaded CPU is a quad core. If you're editing media, exporting or encoding large projects, it will help for sure

Make your own or suck it up and pay money for the exterior.

>What's a good case if I don't care about aesthetics at all?

Too many choices, none that really matter. If you don't care about aesthetics, any ATX for $20 will work. Nothing in that size will really have any improvements over another when it comes to cooling.

Guessing this is a PC build thread. What are the actual pros of building a brand new pc from scratch? I feel like I could get a used beefy one off ebay (ebay.com/itm/282152887387 what i'm considering) and just keep upgrading it as i'm going. Any input?

>(reserve not met)

Pros:
>Cheaper
>You can pick the preferred parts
>The building process is fun and the satisfaction of the finished product is great and exactly as you want it.
>If you want to save money you can buy used hardware as well
Cons:
>If you're and idiot you could fuck it up and waste money on destroyed hardware. That being said building a pc is like legos is pretty straight forward especially if you read the mobo manual in case you're a noob.

Search for "Windows 10 Pro" on TPB. Sort by seeders. First result works 100%

what?

without malware or nothing??

usually im not concerned about torrents but when it comes to the os im a little hesitant

If you drop 200$ one a powersupply get the absolute best one the market. Its Seasonic prime they are the unreached king, no psu builder can reach atm

Why did i write one instead of on two times fkn autocorrect

See:

Still get a seasonic one they are the best in the market

no way om dropping that much money for a psu

not only is it expensive to begin with but everything is pretty much double the price of the us where i live

Well not only is declaring seasonic the best psu manufacturer completely subjective, I would have to argue for corsair myself. But on top of that, let's be honest here, damn near everything in your computer will fail before the power supply does. And damn near everything in your computer will become obsolete before the power supply does.

One of the first builds I found on this site that have very few complaints for. Sure you could nitpick but it's a very solid build. Might wanna listen to that user about the other 1070 models because I'm not up to date when it comes to this gen card models.

Corsair don't manufacture PSUs retard.

Asus, msi, and gigabyte.

Like every single other graphics card.

I don't even know what to say...

Are your parents not home or...?

do SSHDs suffer from the same lose data after an extended unpowered state as normal SSDs? this is really unacceptable to me so i haven't switched to SSDs yet. i have 3 towers and soon a 4th. i need stable long term storage. don't want to be reinstalling/fixing OS install on an SSD say 5 years from now. i need shit to WORK.

What part didn't you understand? Do you not know what manufacturing means or?

There's a regular PC Build General (lern to ). Spend a few days reading it and participating, then part out and assemble your build. You'll be an expert build tech within a week. Current edition:

Do you not?

The definition of manufacturer is a person or company that makes goods for sale, straight from google.

I hope your parents don't spend too much sending you to school, it's not working, I'm sure you could dissapoint them in cheaper ways.

I hope for your own sake you're not as stupid as you seem. Better yet leave your ego out and do some research before making a fool of yourself.

tomshardware.com/reviews/psu-manufacturer-oem,2729.html

First google search for "does corsair manufacture psus?"

Just so you won't say I'm bashing you for no reason.

It's incredible how dim you are. Retards can't be taught worth a damn.

Oh, turns out Im not only an idiot but I also searched the wrong phrase.

My bad other user, I'm sure your parents are thrilled.

Funny though, in my head I'd still buy a corsair over a seasonic.

I'm the same made both posts.
>Funny though, in my head I'd still buy a corsair over a seasonic.
That's how they get you. With the marketing. Corsair sells some fairly good PSUs but also some dogshit PSUs that's why you should look at the OEM and reviews before buying a PSU no matter the brand.

I might go with something like this...

pcpartpicker.com/list/NdxLsJ

OP here
If i had to choose between Asus, msi, and gigabyte. Id go for the msi since its the most silent one. But the Palit Superjet stream is even more silent and still offers great cooling, not to say a better price. I don't see why it isn't a good card? Drivers? hmmm

Silence matters a lot to me hence the Case and cooler might even go with a Phantek PH-TC14PE over the Cryorig for even better cooling a less noise. WIN!

Thanks! Will check it out

If you care a lot about silence get a Noctua NH D15 or Dark Rock Pro 3
That cooler is overpriced for what it offers just get a Cryorig H7

I'm not building it. It was just something I threw together for this thread.

If you want to get down to the real root of the issue look at the prices.

Damn near all of seasonic branded PSUs are more expensive than their equivalent output evga and corsair competition.

Also just to bring up the past argument out of curiosity. Does corsair still assemble the final product? Because that would still technically make them the manufacturer. I'm sure they at least design their PSUs, they just use the parts someone else manufactures?

There's no way in hell Seagate sends them boxes of parts with instructions and a Lego mini figure.

Asus and MSI make the best fans for their aftermarket coolers, gigabyte is just an all around decent brand, and I forgot to mention but evga has the STEPUP program going for them.

Not quite sure how the process goes. Afaik they can even request some small changes from the original PSU model and pay extra or something of the likes. They probably just make the "cases" in most cases though. They get the PSU internals from the OEMs.

techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Aidos/6.html
The Phantek PH-TC14PE offers excellent cooling and maxes out at 19 dbA vs 26 on the dark pro and 24 on the noctua

True but the cooling performance is on par with a 212 EVO which is 25$.

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/4s6563/a_short_review_of_palit_gtx_1070_super_jetstream/

desu i think this is the card for me

If I honestly had to guess why I've never heard of that brand I'd say because their coolers, support, and or drivers are probably shit.

>techpowerup.com/reviews/Raijintek/Aidos/6.html
did you even check the link? it runs between 7-10 degrees cooler.

"Supermicro"
Have you literally never heard of server brands before?

I'm seeing 0 to 2 degrees difference.

btw the EVO is the loudest of them.

I have seen pretty good OC's and frame rates with the Palit tho.
But if your right i might get the Msi Armor or gaming

My bad I thought you were talking about the cooler being reviewed. The Phantek PH-TC14PE seems to be quite good for the money.
Yup it is but even so you can barely hear it in an R5 unless you're running prime95 (and even then it's not to the point where it's annoying).

And that is with an OC'ed FX 6300 which generates quite a bit of heat.

Well I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Armor has better fans anyways.

Well i guess ill do some more research on the GPU.
>Just sold this today.
Asus Z170-A
i7 6700k 4 GHz
Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212X
Radeon 5800
8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz
Samsung 850 EVO (120GB)
WD Blue (1TB)
EVGA Supernova G2 V2 750watt 80+Gold Full Modular
NZXT S340i

A 1 year old Machine i bought a few month ago used. It was just too loud imo. and with the ancient GPU and ugly case i wanted to either upgrade it or sell it.
Actually ended making a profit so i have quite a bit cash for a new rig

pcpartpicker.com/list/RQh6r7
This is my current build. Roast me

So around an year ago I bought an Hyper T4, as the 212 Evo was out of stock everywhere. Temps are decent, keeps a 4790 at low 60's on load inside an Arc Midi R2. However I'm not enjoying how it's bending the motherboard right now (it's not even that heavy, I'm assuming unusually high center of mass probably), and that it probably has one of the worst size/performance ratios around, that huge heatsink looks ugly as fuck inside the case.
What can I get on more compact coolers (possibly stepping down to 92mm fan size) with at least the same performance, up to 45€?

>no hexacore, we are on the cusp of >4 cores and you buy a fucking quad
>overly expensive meme tier mobo, not even an SNSV mobo
>OCZ SSD, you dont value your data do you user
>1070 you value your money about as much as your data I see, I could've made that comment with the mobo as well to be fair
>buying windows 10 for 100 euroshekels, I just.. I have no comment
>wheres the bastardising hard drive? you gonna fit everything on that builttofail 480gb SSD??

Define R5 is a solid case though, good choice on that.

>OCZ SSD, you dont value your data do you user

What's wrong with Toshiba ssd's?

Literally only focusing on what you think is wrong with this build instead of providing actual useful constructive facts.
6/7 lines is a waste of time and energy for anyone to read and for you to write.

As stated this is not a shopping card but rather an overview for a pc build. prices are irrelevant.

anyone getting a hexacore for gaming only is a fucking retard