Ive come into possession of an IMac. I was given several by my place of employment...

Ive come into possession of an IMac. I was given several by my place of employment. Its been a long time and they have not requested them back. I believe they have forgotten i have them. I know they have tracking systems installed on them for when they are connected to the internet they ping their serves of their status.

What im wondering is if there is a way that I can completely wipe the system as well as a way where apple support can not find the system if my company was aware that these system became missing.

I could easily do this with a PC because im familiar with it. Im just not sure with Apple devices.

Other urls found in this thread:

everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html
theinstructional.com/guides/how-to-re-run-the-os-x-setup-assistant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

very elaborate ruse OP

Make an OSX recovery USB, start the computer up from that, reformat reinstall.

Just don't install OSX/Mac OS.

Easy.

indeed. Im almost positive they do not have anywhere marked down that they sent me these computers. I imagine they will eventually discover they are missing and have apple try to find them.

So im looking for a way where i can just wipe their tracking programs and system admin. As well as disable a way for apple to find the device if my company ever discovers it

didnt think about that. smart move. Ill just get linux on this bitch. You think apple would not be able to track that. I guessing they wouldnt because they wouldnt have anything relaying the computer serial number or anything.

Wouldnt apple be able to track the serial number and all that on the computer if someone reported it to apple?

And yeah, use bootcamp afterward to install another OS.

>Mac
Found your problem.

no doubt. I hate macs. My goal is to sell them or just use them as media devices around my house. Im a PC guy. My company uses them because they partner with apple.

Are there any security features that might block me being able to do this? Im not wholly familiar with apple products.

What kind of iMac?
everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/index-imac.html

It's just a computer like any other. There's nothing in the bootloader that phones home.

tapered edge model. 2012 or newer

>not knowing about the .applesetupdone thing

>.applesetupdone
im sorry what? I am not familiar with apple products whatsoever. ive only used windows and linux

>trolling

literally the first result on google
theinstructional.com/guides/how-to-re-run-the-os-x-setup-assistant

I googled it but i was not understanding how that applied. Am i correct in understanding that if i remove that file as soon as i start the computer up it will believe its a fresh instal of an operating system and allow me to create a sys admin account?

yes

yes. It has been a thing forever.

didnt know. I've honestly have near zero experience with apple products lol.