The material design cancer has now spread to Google's search engine

The material design cancer has now spread to Google's search engine.

What do you think of it, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrT6v5sOwJg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

jokes on you i like material design and im an advocate.
its simple and works.
its not cluttered and conveys information very neatly.

there is no reason for those results to be separated into cards. they're just plain texts.

Material design is shit. Gmail contacts is fkin useless unless you switch to legacy.

LOL

They switched it back, looks like they let the design out too early

This. Isn't this part of the shit that killed Yahoo?

It's terrible.

looks NASTY

It's sad that i would still rather use yahoo than google though

I think ur fucking cux like that fucker chris wanstrath

You going for the low quality bait where you're some young cuck that prefers form over function? Why bother?

It is actually an addon/extension providing the material look on Google.

Dunno, i use StartPage.

Startpage or Yacy was the goto option for most.

u now u on cuck, idiot

Change for the sake of change...

I guess the developers have to figure out some way to stay employed.

Jokes on you! I never even cared to begin with. Not op btw

I use DuckDuckGo so I don't give a shit.

Oh my god, it looks different! Google is ruined forever!

>googlel
lel no
I prefer StartPage.

>not using based bing

Why is material design bad? I've never heard an argument other than "it's shit"

It does it all the time to me, has been for the past few months. Switches back and forth randomly

backlash against flat gui

Sup Forums hates change

Someone already pointed it out. Form over function is a primary complaint. Personally it was one of my peeves but I moved to hosting my own contacts and cloud services at home so Google isn't used on our mobile devices even for the app store.

this.

Material design is lit af

"Form over fuction" in Sup Forums is the equivalent of calling someone "fascist/communist" at least in Sup Forums
I also hate material design but I, at least, want more specific arguments.

>2016
>using jewjewgo

>what is A/B testing

I can only answer for me but as I said it lost functionality or was changed in ways that made apps more difficult to use. I can point to many such cases that are or are not related to material design but Google's overall company direction. The fact that Google has a revolving door with the American Government and is trying to alter politics is another concern. Privacy of course is a factor but seems a lost cause without a bulwark of laws and smaller government in the USA specifically and in Europe.

>why is material design bad?
>form over function
>be more specific than that
>a lot of reasons that don't have anything to do with material design and also google is the nsa

This. Everything else is perfect.

My arguments why I find material design ugly:
>too much wasted space
And wasted without sense of proportions.
>flat shit with pastel colors who also has shadows
That looks cheesy as fuck

They're only two, but they're really powerful and compelling for me.
Seriously, even the first Mac OS X GUI designs looked better than Material Shit.

The only bad thing about it is that everything that normally appears in the sidebar to the right now just piles up on top of all your search results as if you were viewing it on mobile, so basically all that space on the right is completely wasted.

I got this earlier today and the thing that bothered me the most was the change from #FFFFFF to #FAFAFA for the background.

It looks better than this 1999's shit.

Why do you not sign into your Google™ account and have your browsing history/passwords/bookmarks synced between all your devices running Google™ software?

>™
fag

Reminds me of that April fools joke earlier this year on Sup Forums

This. The webpage looks much better when you cut out OP's ugly browser.

That's some old fucking news, OP.

If you get the material view, don't click any links.

It'll let them know that you find it less useful.

Google shouldn't know which results you're clicking in the first place. You don't have an addon/userscript that gets rid of the google redirect tracking?

Never understood what the fuck "material design" was. All I know is that if it's readable, who the living shitfuck cares.

>who the living shitfuck cares

people with ITT living with autism who can't handle small changes. seriously, it barely looks any different from before.

Literally who fucking cares.

This is you OP.

>WHY AER THE SEARCH RESULTS IN A BOX NOW WHAT THE FUCK IS GOOGLE THINKING????????? I CAN'T USE THIS SHIT!!! WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. GOING. ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. WHAT AM I LOOKING AT? HOW DO I USE THIS SHIT? FUCKING MATERIAL DESIGN.

Meanwhile anyone else who isn't an autistic fucking loser:

>Oh, this looks a bit different. Business as usual though.

Of course you're a fucking Linux user, it's morons like you that make Linux users look like such fucking losers.

youtube.com/watch?v=rrT6v5sOwJg

Fucking science.

Fucking hell.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A/B_testing

>They switched it back, looks like they let the design out too early

You're fucking retarded. The way Google rolls out updates is to a small percentage of users through cookies. When you clear them or open a new Incognito/Private window, there's a random chance you'll end up testing some new feature. I've seen this happen a bunch of times.

it's your fucking shitty os

>it's your fucking shitty os
>uses windows 10

>hurr someone doesn't know something call him a retard lolol

jesus christ you are fucked

That's my biggest problem with material. I don't care about it being flat; I care about it wasting so much fucking space.

> complains of material design
> doesn't also complain about that browser window looking like complete, utter shit

>stupid floating buttons in the middle of the content
>wasted space everywhere
>stupid childish bright colors

I moved to iOS as soon as Android 5 started rolling out. At least iOS devs know how to use Apples interface. Material design apps are a roller coaster of inconsistency

Because it's a meme to be a contrarian.

shit damage control/10

Because noone wants to use something that looks like it is designed by a 5 year old

Material design is pretty good. I wish it didn't have these shadows, but it's better than anything else.

Actually it only does this if you're using a google link from a smartphone