Who here will be buying the new HTC built Google phone next month? The Google Pixel...

Who here will be buying the new HTC built Google phone next month? The Google Pixel? It's the new Nexus phone now that they're not called Nexus anymore.

They look pretty good and Nexus is always great.

There has never been a great Nexus phone. Not with its long tradition of shitty battery life and now its inflated price too.

HTC made the HTC 10 this hear which was objectively the best Android phone released this year. Why can't this one be just as good?

Lel

Yes, and why did you post that? Why is it relevant?

My nexus 4 would like a word with you.

Nexus phones don't have a SD slot.

>tfw they probably will be way too expensive if the rumors are correct
>tfw they will cost almost as much as iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus

At this point I'm likely to wait and see, at least. I was on the verge of buying a Note 7 before the bomb firmware update, and I'd rather not have to deal with bloatshit anyway.

N E X U S O N E
E
X
U
S
O
N
E

Oh shit, nigger. I didn't realize that

But hey, maybe this one will since its not Nexus anymore, and Google is moving in a new direction. The full specs aren't out yet.

6p is 400$ at best buy, just got one.

P nice tbqh

It is really happening next month?

If HTC has fixed their battery and camera issues, and if Apple really doesn't put a headphone jack in their future phones, this will be my next phone.

Also I need it unlocked.

That's a lot of 'if's but I could definitely go for this.

Does HTC still manufacture in Taiwan?

the htc 10 is absolutely not the 'best android phone of 2016' lmao

This.

If there's no microSD slot then I'm crawling back to Motorola with my tail between my legs.

Got to play with a Pixel today. The small one. AMA.

Also no actual proof because of ID markings on the phone.

>objectively the best
>not knowing about the Xiaomi Redmi Pro which has superior specs at 200 USD and dances on top of HTC in quality

sd card slot
brand marking locations
weight/feel
top heavy? bottom heavy? even?
dual sim?

see

Headphone jack?

> with a shit iPhone clone ui embedded so deep in the OS that some apps may not work

My 3 year old nexus 5 camera shits all over the redmi 3 pro, fuck off with your chink shit.

No sd. Always a tiny battery.
Honestly not being able to carry movies and music with me is a huge pain.

It's like the people who design these devices have never fucking taken a train.

Didn't look like there was a SD slot. Person who had it was on a work call so I couldn't pop out the SIM tray to see if there was a spot there.

Work for a major US carrier. Thought that shit was an iPhone at first. No markings from what I noticed. Front of phone was almost identical to an iPhone 6(s), but back was a weird shade of blue. Almost looked like a silicone case, but it wasn't. Half HTC "soft-touch", half glass with a fingerprint scanner/power button.

Weight was a slightly heavier iPhone. Slightly top heavy, nothing terrible though.

Yeah, October 4thish.

Headphone jack.

Okay I guess I can deal with another month's worth of roaming charges.

How much can we expect it to cost?

no micro sd slot
no removable battery
no buy

So get a 128 GB model you cheap fuck.

not for $600

wondering what the point of the black glass on the back is, seems like a fingerprint collector and scratch displayer lmfao

So, there weren't any antenna lines on the phone like you'd see on an iPhone. The glass was probably the alternative to that.

>almost a buck a gig for 95 MB/s

lololol

No clue. This was a preproduction model. I'll ask next time I see the tester.

Where else do you think every smartphone is made?

>Didn't look like there was a SD slot.
Dropped.

Already got my 10/10 HTC

But I would otherwise, would have saved some cash anyway

Name one flaw

Didn't look like there was a separate slot - there could very well be one in the SIM tray. I'll have to check next time I'm in.

bulky
giant chamfered edges
audio jack on the top of the phone LOL
removed dual front facing speakers
audio rocker + power button on the same side instead of offset opposing
htc sense
type c too early, nothing really uses it, otherwise that's a plus.

not to mention
>non removable battery
into the trash it goes

>HTC
Yeah I'll be skipping this one just like the Motorola one.

>audio jack on the top of the phone LOL
What's the problem?

>bulky
not really and this is never a big issue anyway
>giant chamfered edges
that's supposed to be a feature for grip
>audio jack on the top of the phone LOL
I love this, the phone works nicely for headphones in bed resting on belly
>removed dual front facing speakers
Base port + tweeter at top works fine, you get clarity
>audio rocker + power button on the same side instead of offset opposing
textured grip has allowed for this to never be a problem
>htc sense
It's like nexus config now
>type c too early, nothing really uses it, otherwise that's a plus.
I use it very nicely for hi speed transfer, HDMI out, and a generally just nice cable I can get for 5 bucks on Amazon. It just werks, microUSB doesn't, that shit breaks easily and isn't just werks.

>supposed to be a feature
that's what cases are for
>regarding audio jack
i just think having audio + charge port on opposite sides is dumb
>speakers
still think speaker at the bottom on either side of the home button makes more sense
>audio rocker
again, case
>sense
it's still sense, just less shitty.

i like shitting on it in general, it's not a bad phone, but definitely not this year's best.

like i said, type c is a good thing but it's not a standard yet which is unfortunate.

>on either side of the home button
That would require screen estates go to having the fucking buttons and then you would have two home buttons just no

The thing is the phone is fine with some shit like that debatable but I can't think of a better phone. Maybe the HP elite X3 but that's win 10. Maybe the new Xperia just announced.

>not a standard yet even though it requires no effort to have it go from USB C to USB
not an argument

If it's cheap I'll get it.

So? I don't carry my Mongolian sock puppet collection my phone so why would it matter to me?

I will suck 50 dicks n a row if the new pixel phones have a micro SD card slot and stock Android
But hey don't 6.0 + 7.0 have adaptable storage built in?

I'm really happy with my 6p

b8

nigger, you take that back RIGHT NOW
you don't know shit about technology if you have never owned a nexus 5

infact, the nexus 5 is so important that you cannot possibly claim to be knowledgeable about technology in any possible way without having owned one

you have full control over your phone,
direct access to your own bootloader, and every other firmware component of your system, and even developer tools like the ADB bridge, fastboot and recovery mode system drivers

plus google provides you with images of their own operating system which was specifically built for these phones by google themselves. software designed directly for your hardware. and the images are clean and haven't passed through carrier bullshit

only a dumb nigger is clueless to the awesome power of the nexus

>No front facing speakers
How could they fuck up something they were renounced for...

>nexus 5 camera shits all over...
let me ask you a question, are you autistic enough to be only shooting RAW and do all the processing on your PC? because the N5 only takes good pictures in RAW mode.

>falling for the Xiaomi Redmi Pro may may

It's either that, iPhone 7, or V20. Probably V20 tbqh

Nexus One was god-tier in its time.

LMAO just took this on my nexus 5.

You're full of shit if you think the redmi 3 camera can compete with the nexus 5.

Looks great, desu

jesus christ you're really reaching hard there