Fuck this OS, I was giving it a chance, but this is enough

Fuck this OS, I was giving it a chance, but this is enough.
>school project in autocad is rendering
>suddenly computer starts updating and rebooting

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sxXs0Yy5-0Y
ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/
theregister.co.uk/2016/07/29/windows_10_pro_anniversary_update_tweaked_to_stop_users_disabling_cloud_ads/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds like a personal problem

So is the updating part the only gripe people seem to have with the OS? What if they remove that?

I am not saying it is bad that they keeping it updated and fresh but if it starts updating without single warning, it is quite frustrating

Stop raging and just set it to ask before rebooting.

>So is the updating part the only gripe people seem to have with the OS?
no, but it's a major one

I use Windows only for 1 game and having to install updates every reboot is fucking annoying, especially because they don't change anything. Considering installing Windows 7.

>it starts updating without single warning
it literally lets you schedule the time and date of the update you mongoloid.
IT LITERALLY SHOVES A NOTIFICATION IN YOUR FACE IF YOUR PC NEEDS TO BE RESTARTED IN WHICH CASE YOU CAN RESCHEDULE

This
Then you have people saying
>b-but it changes the settings without asking me

Have been using Windows 10 LTSB for 6 months with zero issues, never restarts for updates since I actually checked the settings like anyone with half a brain does

Nice thread-starting bait though

I mean I truly haven't had any trouble with it. Its ran anything I can possible throw at it fine. But I guess everyone's mileage does vary. (AKA my experience isn't everyones so don't quote me as "this")

Notification doesn't show up when in full screen in some apps/games, or wont show up during quiet time at all. When in long work sessions, it's possible to not see it and suddenly your computer restarts "without warning".

Mine is on 3 am. It never reboots during day unless I reboot it

>ordering a pizza
>Computer suddenly restarts
>"We're just updating a few things for you, fatty :)"
>My computer wants me to starve!

>in which case you can reschedule
No, it says "it will restart in 15 minutes" and then offers you the choice of restarting now or restarting then.

Fucking this. Ltsb FTW.

There are legit complaints about 10, but you're just a dumbass for not disabling auto updates.

My windows 10 keeps BSOD when I'm idle for 4 minutes. It's infuriating. I walk off to go toilet or get a drink and it blue screens.

You're not alone: youtu.be/sxXs0Yy5-0Y

>if it starts updating without single warning, it is quite frustrating

wew, good thing this isn't what happens at all!

0.1 rupees were added to your account.

>hurr why don't you buy $5000 worth of windows licenses durrr

You can close it and reschedule and it won't restart. But I think that's too complicated for you autists.

I bet the jews did this!

that's just bad UX

What if i want it to update only on demand?

No, you can't. Fuck off shill.

>not assigning active hours
Your fault desu.

>buy
>windows
>buy
>pay money
>for windows
Are you high?

This. I've never paid for windows and I've used every iteration since 95.

>Similar problem
>New install of Windows 10
>Transfering 3TB of files over ~8 hours
>Windows 10 ignores file transfers and just reboots to install updates probably 5 hours in
>no Idea what got transferred and what didnt so I delete everything and start transferring again
>MFW it does it again
It's actual an Operating system problem not a personal problem.

linux user here
can somebody explain the LTSB meme to me

it it just people running an os intended for offline use that will never receive updates online without updating?

I don't like W10 either, but it does let you disable updates, you god damn retards.
It's nobody's fault but your own.
You had to disable updates in 7 and 8 as well.

you shouldn't take pride in being a poorfag, especially when legit keys can be had for ~20 bucks if you know where to look.

If you are rendering in autocad or in my case transferring files you have to catch the alert to stop it from updating. So basically I have to stare at my computer the whole 8 hours waiting for an update popup to cancel it.

Well buddy, where can I get them for 20 and know they're legit?

Can someone explain to me how everybody is ok with using windows activated/pirated with tools that require you to disable any antivirus scanner etc, while every minor vulnerability detected in linux or osx gets pointed out and laughed in multiple threads like:
>he fell for the is secure meme
and
> fags on suicide watch
?
And I'm not saying that Windows is insecure or something, I'm just asking people who pirate it.

It's called not being retarded, doesn't have anything to do with financial status.

Simple: people trust those activation tools.
Just like you trust all the software that you use.

Here's an easy solution for everyone in this thread. Set your internet connection to metered.
Windows will stop automatically updating.

But these people tell me to trust a tool that creators said to have "false positives" not programs from official repositories that are audited by the developer, uploader, security team and package maintainer, all while having their code sourced.
I know it would require me to review the code myself and understand it and maybe scan the binaries with an antivirus, but its a different level of trust compared to software that is hard to even locate the official webpage of it , and that every download is either riddled with ads or a torrent from some site. And then people scan it with "activated" eset nod32 and it shows "false positives" so its ok while laughing at malicious code in a new transmission version for OSX or somehing.

>suddenly computer starts updating and rebooting

Congratulations on not checking settings of your own OS. There are options to disable automatic restarts. There are options in Group Policy to disable automatic download and install as well.

Why the hell people blame OS for that? Should Windows have mind-reading device that would check whatever user desires and apply settings?

There is no option to disable automatic restarts. Nice try shill.

>you defending how shitty this is
Just be sure to check your group policy after every update because some updates at random reset your group policies and make it reboot automatically again. Also Microsoft removed this setting for Home users on the Anniversary update.

ghacks.net/2016/07/28/microsoft-removes-policies-windows-10-pro/

theregister.co.uk/2016/07/29/windows_10_pro_anniversary_update_tweaked_to_stop_users_disabling_cloud_ads/

microshit rebooting your pc whenever
is criminal

that sort of thing is 90s

what a waste of time

there are only gripes
look @ windows 10 on reddit

Why would you choose to install updates, but then wouldn't restart?
You know damn well that Windows needs to be restarted after 99% of updates, it's how it's been working for 20 years.

Almost nothing changed in terms of updates with Windows 10, yet retards are complaining because a setting is slightly hidden (hidden from retards who should probably leave computer management to someone else anyway).

Thank you for correcting the record, pajeet.

Next time set you active hours, you dumbass

>new install
>durr let's immediately connect it to the internet while doing a file transfer

...why?

thank you for spouting meaningless memes, I guess?

Because that's a piss simple job that ANY os should be able to do.

Windows is also driving me nuts with all the fucking updating, I disabled the service. It's bullshit, the computer will just restart whenever it wants.. I'm about to install gentoo for real soon.

Ever since I've installed windows 10 on my home and work computer I have never ever managed to get him to restart on its own to install the updates.

Sometimes I wonder how you faggots even manage to have it restart on its own, I swear there must be some clever trick that makes so only retards have it happen.

>will gladly compile Linux kernel from source
>30 seconds to configure Windows Update is asking too much

>using a configuration option that doesn't exist is possible
t. rajesh

0.0001 rupees were added to your account.
Kindly do the needful.