Gentlemen this card sucks and im thinking hopping on the nvidea train with either a 1060...

Gentlemen this card sucks and im thinking hopping on the nvidea train with either a 1060, 1070 or 980 since thats whats available at my local Microcenter. Any suggestions as to what to get got no experience with the Jewvidea.

>Trading something that will age better to something that will not

The only reason people bought this is
1 - Upgrading from a really old GPU
2 - Upgrading from a really old GPU with plan to sell it and buy the RX490 when it comes out

I fall into the 2nd category. Why would you buy an RX480 and within a month of its release, want to buy a Jewvidia card? It's seems pretty retarded.

Ita not about age its the card running at load when no progams are using it and fans refusing to spin up on star up

works on my machine

>Probably fucked up the driver install
>Blames the card.

>Too stupid to install drivers

>fans refusing to spin up on star up
Thats because they only spin up when the card is above 60°C to reduce noise, retard

Only way to do that is you fucking up the driver install

>Another upset customer who got tricked by Sup Forums into buying a shitty Indian GPU from a company that has failure rates 3 times higher than Nvidia
>Instantly attached by delusional shills

But what is he attached to?

wow

Nice spelling pajeet.

1060 is pretty great value

1070 is good for future proofing

1080 is great if you want to do 1440p + or 144hz

Seriously I feel bad for anyone who buys AMD based on Sup Forums

>fans refusing to spin up on star up

Nearly all modern cards stop the fans at idle, you fucking retard. My fucking single fan 1060 doesn't even run it at idle. As for the card "running at load" all the time, you probably have a fucking Bitcoin miner running in the background, because you seem like the kind of drooling idiot who'd let that happen.

>1070 is good for future proofing

>nvidia
>future proofing

pick one

I wish I bought a 7970 instead of the 770 last time I upgraded.

>nice spelling pajeet
what did he spell wrong though?

I bought the 4GB 470 version, comfy ass hell famalam. Just run MSIs gaming app to turn on the force cool down if you don't like it idling at 50.

Though I hope a new driver comes out soon, watman nor afterburner is letting me control the fan options.

This gen is super weird. Like I cant justify the 480 at all unless youre doing the crossfired 8gb build. The 470 is great though.

attacked

I've bought the Sapphire RX470 4G single fan version (yeah I know, but it was noticeably cheaper than any other in my country) and while it was pretty fucking noisy at the start I've had no issues with wattman so I've managed to make a more acceptable fan curve.

Auto correction on a smartphone.

op is just a retard that cant install drivers, nothing to see here

>phoneshit
leave

>"nvidea"

OP, dont listen to these retards and join the Green Team with a 1070. At least half of Nvidia users are people who switched over from PooMD after a horrible experience, its why theyre known to be the shittiest tech company

with the 1070 youre getting 2x the performance at the same wattage as the 480, and all AMDtards can say is "m-m-muh Async!"

I'm planning to buy this exact model, what are your temps and fan noise on typical gaming loads? From the reviews I got the impression that it should be almost silent.

>this card sucks
Uninformed idiot trying to grow his shekel account.

How do you fuck up driver installation in 2016? You click next a few times until finish.

>this card sucks
how do you know you dont have it

480 is garbage. why did you buy it in the first place? 1060 is more than 10% faster than it for the same price.

no such thing as future proofing on nvidia gimpworks supported gpu specially when nvidia has no async, no dx12 and no vulkan.

nice smooth shilling

My rx 480 nitro is the sweetest card I ever got.

The most silent card I got. Cheap. Almost doesnt consume energy and it has great performance for the cost.

Im glad I felt for the meme. i7 4790k + rx 480 nitro meme master race.

Why would you buy AMD shit?