Tfw lost my job because of incompetent retarded stupid piece of shit IT admin

>tfw lost my job because of incompetent retarded stupid piece of shit IT admin

My boss said he wanted to talk to me after work. I asked him what it was about but he just left me clueless with the words "I think you know very well what this is about".

I went to my boss' office after my working hours were finished for the day and he was holding a paper. "I received this from the computer guys" he said. "Sit down".

I sat down and looked at him confused. "So uh... what's this about?"

He showed me the paper and asked "What the fuck were you thinking? Do you think this is appropriate?"

On the paper was my password for the work computer: FuckIHateNiggersIJustWantToKillThoseWorthlessFuckers12345

My boss told me the company did not support those values and that they could not hire someone who does, thus I was fired.

I am so fucking pissed at this faggot IT admin for storing the password in plain text. Is there some way I can get him fired for being an incompetent faggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

serverfault.com/questions/293217/our-security-auditor-is-an-idiot-how-do-i-give-him-the-information-he-wants
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

at least its a strong pw

Phoneposters shouldn't be able to create threads.
Japanese moot; please make it happen.

fucking racist

the bait is so-so.
a little bit too long for the punch line and the formating needs improvements.
also the punchline itself is too obvious. go for something like "FeminismIsADisease" and a female boss.
I rate it 3,2/8.
An attempt was made.

>a worthless racist gets fired
And nothing of value was lost that day

sup Sup Forums

>1
>2
>3, 4

It would work better if it wasn't a tech board, we know sys admins don't want to have anything to do with users passwords. And not like they can gain access anyways... Maybe a shit web portal.

The real reason was that you're a shitposter and an iphoneposter

Why the hell would you make that your work password dumbass

>3,2
commas are not decimal points, yurop.

No fuck off

points are not decimal commas, murifat

I'll bait... but...since we live in a competitive society were individuals are pursuing personal benefits over the head of others.. you should be careful, inside an organization, of given options to possible competitors to fuck you when things turn to shit... any lack that you have will be used against you..

Real IT coworker shit rage stories?

>get the "we r down" call from client, 5 seconds on the phone I can tell it's their router
>hippie volunteers to go because "they love him", i force him to take a router, and spends over 4 hours there before calling me
>"nothing is working"
>did you try the router
>"no because that's not it"
>well dude, if you've tried everything, go ahead and call my bluff and try it because it's a 5 minute attempt
>3 hours later, call back
>"look dude nothing is working, get over here so you can see how impossible this is"
>drive over and bring another router, I know I'm gonna have to stay way past normal closing but it was worth it for what happened
>walk into business, everyone is pissed off (I would be too)
>walk into back
>their "routerboard" router has died and he has spent the last 7 hours plugging the modem into random ports on the switch expecting it to work
>he has on the most stingy face showing he's going to be unwilling to learn or listen
Some of you know this story but continue?

What is this?

ok

continue pls

>client business owner comes back with us and gives us the most cartoon boomer joke explanation as even he knows it is the router
>"WE CALLED AT&T AND THEY SAID IT WASNT THE "MODEM"... OR THE "SWITCH"... THEY SAID IT WOULD BE A DEVICE CALLED A "ROUTER"... BECAUSE THE ONE WE HAVE WAS CALLED THE "ROUTERBOARD"... AND ITS LIGHTS DONT COME ON... SO IT MUST BE THE "ROUTER"... LET ME SHOW YOU HOW OLD IT IS I THINK WE GOT IT IN 2004"
>he can't find it, because hippie fucking hid it, he gives us strange looks and walks away
>hippie is into new age bullshit about "new information" and is always sperging about it to me
>whip out paper and draw basic network and show how you can't just not have a router, this is one of those older type modem-only units
>Mr "new information" is super stingy and literally turns his head all mad and doesn't even look at the paper once and is silent
>try another way.
>show switch and router. OK hippie, answer me this, why does both their old router and this new router I brought (he hid the one I made him bring too) have one port away from the others?
>"that is just for aesthetics, a router is another name for a managed switch, and they have a managed switch, so this should work"
>lel
>he disappears and comes back after a few minutes even more stingy and ask what he did
>"every time I reboot their managed switch which has ALWAYS WORKED for me, it gives a random PC here this address: 208.x.x.x or other"
>yep that's a public IP, this happens when you have no router
>"there is only one IP but it should be "shared" or something"
>you need the router to do that, it will assign private ips, this is that 192 number
>"I don't see why that's important"
>he doesn't know the difference between public and private IP
>wait for him to leave
>set up router behind bookcase, 30 seconds of boot time and then all lights on the router and switch go wild
>hippie storms in. "WHAT DID YOU DO!!!!!"
Continuing because it actually manages to get worse

Keep going

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Isn't this the one were the poster gets fired because the boss didn't like the fact that OP was better than the hippie?

kek, this always makes me mad, poor user

>know that he is going to be ultrastinge if he finds it, so lie
>lol I dunno dude it must have been at&t... I didn't do anything
>walk back out front and everyone is rushing to get all the work they needed done from the day
>boomer owner is so happy, even he can tell that it was only 10 minutes after me walking in the door and they're fixed, he sits me down and offers the deer meat he shot this weekend, give him standard sales schpeal about how this replacement router is consumer home class and next week we will get them a business class router
>fun times with boomer owner until one of the employees says "we're off again or something"
>walk to back and hippie has router moved from my secret place behind the books and is on top of them. He found it! I made hippie into a networking person (no)
>ultra stinge pause and then "I told you not to turn on dhcp on their network, it messed EVERYTHING up"
>hippie is now convinced that their windows server 2008 has dhcp, but doesn't even know how to do services.msc or how to find out it wasn't even in server roles
>go into other room and log in via WiFi and assign myself statically
>turn dhcp back on and make admin password
>it has to be restarted, can't touch that stuff due to ultrastinge and router has no reboot through software
>10 minutes later, hippie restarts everything again, thinking it will work because that is all he knows how to do
>back up again and owner of our business comes in and will be demanding explanation why hippie took 9 hours at this point
This is where hippie brings up MUH CHILLUNS

type faster faggit

Nothing wrong with being a racist. Except of course you are a brownie and want a free ride on the back of us whites.

(sand)nigger detected

"That nigger is wack" is not racist
"Can black people even feel emotions?" is racist
Learn the difference you dumb mudskin

What are you on about?
FuckIHateNiggersIJustWantToKillThoseWorthlessFuckers12345 is pretty racist.

Joseph, is that you?

>hippie and owner are childhood friends
>owner knows IT well and is great except that he hired hippie
Conversation goes like this
>so hippie why are we still here? Its 7pm, you started at 8:30 am
>TRIED EVERYTHING... ETC... ROUTER, MANAGED SWITCH... NOTHING WAS WORKING... STILL TRYING TO FIND "DHCP" ON THEIR WINDOWS SERVER, THEY HAVE 2008
>hippie had called owners cell phone like 5 times panic shitting
>so it was just their router?
>ETC ETC... MANAGED SWITCH? LOOK I HAVE A KID TO SUPPORT OK... I HAVE TO GO HOME... I DID EVERYTHING I COULD... UH IM SICK... REMEMBER GOOD TIMES WE HAD 10 YEARS AGO... ETC
>it isn't even his kid (yes he is raising hers I'm not even making this up)
>hippie walks out and is gone
>owner talks to me. "So it was just their router?"
>spends 10 minutes trying all of the same shit hippie was vocal about. Tries to find dhcp on win server because hippie told him it was on there but he does the right thing and sees it wasn't in services or server roles and quits saying yes this server obviously didn't have dhcp, looks at the switch/modem/etc and doesn't power cycle as he comes to the same conclusion
>he ends the service and we go home, get nice waves from client and employees
>next day, hippie is late, log into our invoicing system. Owner was semi-businessperson and insisted that even if we accidentally wasted time, always always always bill them 100%
>9 hour figure isn't there, owner put our names down for 2 hours only
>hippie shows up and is 100% silent for entire day besides when he need my help (kek)
Only thing left to green text is the final "business" conversation at the end of the day

Please stop I am getting triggered here

keep goin

This is rage inducing but also amusing.

Yo, Denzel.

its a good greentext even if it is pasta

Type faster you fuck or have the story prepared I literally can't even right now

This

Fuck racists

>password doesn't have a non-alphanumeric character

Tell me again why you think you should keep your job.

He doesn't store your passwords in plaintext, the work computers are just keylogged.

Passphrases are harder to crack and easier to remember than passwords that are just a random jumble of symbols.

It's pasta
He's just leading us on

>hippie is in the bathroom the entire day, on the phone with someone, it pretty much has to be owner, I'm sure he's telling him his life story and Muh chilluns
>I have resignation letter already typed, I had received an offer at somewhere else yesterday and didn't want to miss out on all that fun
>still the only one who did anything that day again as we enter into hyper quantum stinge
>owner is back at the end of the day
>gives "us" the most pc progressive lecture ever.
>"I'm not directing this towards any particular person but I don't want anyone at this business being selfish and not telling other people information on what they did to fix a problem"
>hippie thinks he has won as owner never speaks like this, these are hippies words being regurgitated because he probably hit him with his sob story on the phone all day
>hand owner letter and give standard it was nice working with you canned speech
I will never forget the deer headlights look he gave me. Deep down he knows that hippie will make his business fail. Maybe hippie was good when they started it 8 years ago but hes just given up and views it as free money now. I really feel sad for owner.

>Any business system storing a plaintext password and not the hash.

This is terrible bait op. You either need to work around that issue in your story or start from scratch.

what a nice, happy ending

reddit & Sup Forums the sitcom. more please

Except that no passwords are ever stored in plain text, especially in a company, and even if they were, the IT guy wouldn't have database access, and even if he did, why would he want to store your password in a text file?

0/10, get a job in the IT industry first then try to make jokes so they make sense

Its a password, a trade secret , something that is not supposed to be told to the public and therefore not communicated to anyone thereby not causing any harm to any member of the public. That means that OP should go find a good employment attorney and sue the hell out of his employer for wrongful termination.

How's the bait tasting tonight you cocksocket?

>Except that no passwords are ever stored in plain text, especially in a company,
Neet detected. I'll let this industry professional explain just how wrong you are. serverfault.com/questions/293217/our-security-auditor-is-an-idiot-how-do-i-give-him-the-information-he-wants

I'm not saying it never happens, but that it's not a common scenario

I've been working in different companies for years, you neckbeard

>didnt read the link
Go be an angry loser somewhere else.

So what if I didn't? I've glanced over it before, who cares?

I'm the angry loser? lol

>So what if I didn't? I've glanced over it before, who cares?
It's blatantly obvious you haven't are you would have caught the joke immediately. It's a good thing for people like you this site is anonymous

You got what you deserved racist piece of shit.

>shit that never happened

It doesn't matter how right the industry professional is when on the other end of the tug of war you have stupid employees. You can never win this battle no matter what kind of proof you have.

I assumed you meant the guy writing about his experience was the pro, who met someone who was an idiot...

Also your joke sucks

>It doesn't matter how right the industry professional is when on the other end of the tug of war you have stupid employees. You can never win this battle no matter what kind of proof you have.
Read the link before commenting moron.

Except the guy writing is the one who's saying NOT to have plaintext passwords. Which means you didnt read the link, which means not only do you still not get the joke, you just admitted to lying when you said you read it before.

You're embarrassing yourself user, just sulk off in shame

You're replying to bait.

>the IT guy wouldn't have database access, and even if he did, why would he want to store your password in a text file?
>why would he want to store your password in a text file
>store your password in a text file
>in a text file

Right, so he's the pro, because he's saying NOT to have plaintext passwords.....

Also get a life

I just made a mistake there, not trolling

>HURRRR DURR TROLL
Wow, you sad bastards really need to get off Sup Forums for a while.. go look at some trees or some shit

Things that never happened - The Post

heh. i chuckled, op. thank you for brighten my day a little bit.

Kek, suck it drumpftard, hillary ftw

You keep arguing yet you still haven't read the link. You're going to realize how much of an idiot you are once you do. The link has nothing to do with whatever schizophrenic illusion you seem to have come up with.

Damn I hope so.

>>HURRRR DURR TROLL
>Wow, you sad bastards really need to get off Sup Forums for a while.. go look at some trees or some shit

Hold on now one sec. So you act like an angry loser, then double down instead of reading the thing you were told to read, and somehow, someway, it's me and that guy are the problem.

Maybe you are a troll.

yes they are.

> my skins too soft to admit Im wrong

Wait, why did you hide what you did from hippie dude anyway

'
because jippie was a fucking moron and would have sabotaged it

Sounds like he ratted you out.

You should put a bar of soap in a pillow case and beat the sjw out him after work, You might get a year in the clink for it but it'll probably be worth it.

I just wrote that "I made a mistake"....

Again, who cares whether I read it or not? Okay I glanced over it and some security auditor is asking for plaintext passwords and SSH keys and whatnot of everyone, and the guy says it's impossible and against the PCI standards, yada yada yada...

Yeah, and? How does this in any way invalidate what I said about storing plaintext passwords not being common place in the industry?

Our entire discussion was never about this link, I don't care what you posted, it doesn't matter to me, it's irrelevant to my original comment, get it?

sigh...

I'm not really angry, maybe slightly annoyed

I never knew it was this easy to trigger Sup Forums, damn :D

>Yeah, and? How does this in any way invalidate what I said about storing plaintext passwords not being common place in the industry?
It doesn't. That's the point. How do you still not get this.
>I'm not really angry
Oh ya, this is the first response for a calm, collected person who read and understood the joke that was being made with him (not even at him).

Just to be clear, I was literally agreeing with you with my first post and link, except you saw the word neet and assumed the whole world was out to get you. If you're not a troll I kind of feel bad for you.

You're saying that as an American though. The only nation on earth that still uses stupid measurements like feet and inches.

So you were being sarcastic calling me a neet, and posted a link that says exactly what I said

Well, that was a waste of time. Were you craving for attention or something? You're great for finding such a smarty smart link buster! Here have a sticker

Good thing I didn't read that wall of text of a link, would've even wasted more time of my life

Anyway, lesson learned, I'll be more careful next time, you never know what kind of stupid shit you can come across on the internet, like this thread and OP's story

Yup and he sure did, for the first time in his life he actually logged into a router but it was just to turn off a feature. (dhcp)

I did not ask for this COMEDY GOLD this morning.

Commas as decimals are common in europe too, you realise that right? Like, heavily.

>So you were being sarcastic calling me a neet, and posted a link that says exactly what I said
Yes, that's exactly right. Well done. If you'd ever had a friend in your life you'd realize that sarcastically calling someone stupid or disagreeing with them while backing up their point is one of the most common forms of human interaction during discussions in the world.

> Guy being mocked in the serverfault post detected!

Actually, if YOU had any friends, you wouldn't ask them to read a newspaper so they can get your joke, and then call them idiots for not wanting to read that newspaper

But oh no, you insisted that I read that entire thing, just so I can figure out "Oh he was being sarcastic! haha!"

Don't worry I have a lot of friends

>Actually, if YOU had any friends, you wouldn't ask them to read a newspaper so they can get your joke
Calling you a neet was the joke. Backing you up was the link.
> and then call them idiots for not wanting to read that newspaper
If gave my friend a book and he told me how shit the book was before it even reached his hands while admitting he never read it and then doubled and tripled down, I'd call him an idiot because that's an idiots behavior. If you didnt want to be called an idiot either understand what you're arguing against, or don't argue against something you clearly didn't read.

fucking idiot kkkkkkek

who r u quoting

You're just a stupid idiot retard!!!!

(don't worry I was just joking, what couldn't you tell? Well, if you had read this book, you would've gotten it...)

Don't do this to your friends please, thank you very much

be happy, you dont work in a shitty company anymore

I don't know why you keep responding when you clearly know you're wrong, it's an anonymous board dude you don't have to save face.

Fake and gay. This story makes no sense. Why would someone be looking at passwords? Why would anyone care about your password? I've worked for CEOs whose password was NiggerCrusher. No one gives a shit.

>a little bit too long for the punch line and the formating needs improvements.
I reformatted it for OP, better this way?

>tfw lost my job because of incompetent retarded stupid piece of shit IT admin

My boss said he wanted to talk to me after work. I asked him what it was about
but he just left me clueless with the words "I think you know very well what
this is about".

I went to my boss' office after my working hours were finished for the day and
he was holding a paper. "I received this from the computer guys" he said. "Sit
down".

I sat down and looked at him confused. "So uh... what's this about?"

He showed me the paper and asked "What the fuck were you thinking? Do you
think this is appropriate?"

On the paper was my password for the work computer:
FuckIHateNiggersIJustWantToKillThoseWorthlessFuckers12345

My boss told me the company did not support those values and that they could
not hire someone who does, thus I was fired.

I am so fucking pissed at this faggot IT admin for storing the password in
plain text. Is there some way I can get him fired for being an incompetent
faggot?

>Why would someone be looking at passwords?
> I've worked for CEOs whose password was NiggerCrusher
que

I guess I just want to help you..? I'm not trying to save anything, I couldn't possibly care less about any of this dude, but your method of joking really doesn't fly in the real world

Anyway, I apologize for my sarcasm.. this whole thing was silly and a waste of everyone's time. This will be my final reply, I'm gonna make myself some coffee and get some work done... once I browse a bit of youtube first ;)

>but your method of joking really doesn't fly in the real world
Spoken like someone who's never left his parents house.
>Don't worry I have a lot of friends
Are they called Jr and Ivanka by any chance?

CEO asked me for help changing her password and I suggested NiggerCrusher. I didn't look at a table of passwords.

>"I think you know very well what this is about".
The only response after that statement should have been:
>No, i dont, so why dont you tell me?

k

>"that is just for aesthetics, a router is another name for a managed switch, and they have a managed switch, so this should work
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE