Why has Sup Forums not joined the water cooling mustard race?

Why has Sup Forums not joined the water cooling mustard race?

Be honest here, pretend you're not a broke bag of dicks and that you had the money to actually do it, why would you not?

Even if I had the money I wouldn't waste it on watercooling because it requires more maintenance, has a tiny chance of critical failure and it's louder

what the hell is going on in pic

>"mustard race"
>water cooling
>reddit image

if you spend a lot of money on watercooling it's not louder

but you're also spending a lot of money (like $300+)

Mineral oil. Some people put their computers inside mineral oil to cool it.

> requires more maintenance
Most people replace hardware once a year, so flushing a loop and refilling it is really not -that- much more work.
But once again, the benefits outweigh the negatives in my opinion.

>tiny chance of critical failure
Tiny, very tiny

>it's louder
wat
It is always quieter to go water than air

>what the hell is going on in pic
Oil meme pc. People did it for a bit but it was... crap

Always wanted to do a mineral oil build for fun. How is it?

I don't need better than what I have, and it's plenty quiet as it is. I don't see any inherent benefit in getting more expensive stuff than you have any use for.

No clue, I just googled water cooling master race and this shit popped up.
I water cool but would never do this. You essentially fucks your components

Shit when the oil heats up and you realize that you can't cool it down at all.

But isn't that what owning a PC is mostly about?
People running around with 32GB Ram, for what?
2-4 GPU's, why for? We build these things because we want the best of the best and because we can.

Most, if not all builders go with after market cooling, so why not go all out if money is not an issue?

Seems like a pretty big flaw, how was this ever a thing?

>no file chosen
>but Capture.png was clearly chosen
what the fuck is going on in THAT picture?

it acts as a buffer, it'll let an absurdly overclocked machine run just long enough to get a sick benchmark score from, but not much else

conventional watercooling is far more suitable for long term usage

uh, no?
you buy hardware just because you can?

No reason not to, but no reason to do it either. Again, I simply don't care. I would spend outrageous amounts on big, high-resolution displays because that's something that would actually benefit my day-to-day life, but 32 GB of RAM and a mutli-GPU setup wouldn't.

On some level I have been raised to view money as a scarce resource, and even if I intellectually know that I can spend as much as I want, I will always recoil from unnecessary spending for that reason. There has to be justification, and "because I can" doesn't quite cut it.

Most pc enthusiasts/gamers do.
Look at any speccy/guts thread in here, 80% of the machines are overkill for what people need.
Most machines also have hundreds invested in meme fans and led's instead of something to increase the performance of the overkill components.

Added performance is a reason to do it.

Also going back to the high res display, would a overclocked card not yield better performance on said display in every day use?

Not if the added performance does not lead to a perceivable improvement in the tasks I perform. Having, say, a Titan X or whatever they call it would simply be overkill. Having more than twice the RAM I actually use would make no difference.

I'm too lazy to dust even inside my case.

By water cooling you mean mineral oil?

>80% of the machines are overkill for what people need.
oh? you know what everyone uses their computer for?

Look around these threads... most people admit to getting extra of X, Y and Z part in order to "future proof".

I can afford it.
I just don't.
Water cooling isn't significantly better than high end air cooling unless you are doing suicide runs.

How is it not?
20C+ difference under any kind of load?

Unless I were to do a custom hardlined loop and get some really compact components for it, it wouldn't fit in my case
An AIO is probably the best I could do, and even then I'd have to remove the HDD rack to fit it in there

You're supposed to circulate the oil and run it through a big radiator.
Check out LTT's video on Slicks mineral oil build. He had what I think was either a 4x80mm rad or a 4x120mm rad

>20C+ difference under any kind of load

That's actually oil cooling dipshit.

No big benefits.
Air coolers can be quiet if you get large ones with 140mm fans, plus sound dampening foam is a plus. Not to mention pumps add noise.
Not even worth it on graphics cards anymore. Silicon lottery matters more than heat now when it comes to over clocking.
Even with the temperature differences, it still remains in safe areas. Higher temps won't mess anything up unless it's over the temp limit, which is usually around 90°C.
Keeping all this in mind, it's not practical for me or many others, but some people just want to for bragging rights, the aesthetics, or some other reason.

There is one word that'll put people off:

Maintenance.

The prebuilts work well. I have an x5650 sitting at 4.1GHz on an H60. I haven't had any issues with the cooler.

>what the hell is going on in that pic
Mineral oil submersion cooling

Note that none of the air-cooled ones are at the top. He may have been wrong about the delta but the difference is significant. Especially if overclocking.