What's the Sup Forumseneral consensus for good laptops?

What's the Sup Forumseneral consensus for good laptops?
I'm looking to spend up to $1500 for a reliable one that can last me around 4-5 years.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P3_34-315-423-_-09072016&Index=3
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112&cm_re=960m-_-34-154-112-_-Product
thewirecutter.com/leaderboard/laptops/
puri.sm/
images10.newegg.com/ProductImage/34-234-161-02.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thinkpad T series (normal sized laptops) or X series (small, very portable)
HP elitebooks
Dell latitudes

Everything else is shit quality-wise

X260
Battery life on it will last longer than you

I'm lazy to make a thread so can someone recommend a good laptop literally just for surfing the web and Microsoft Office? I can only spend up to $400 for this. I was thinking of getting an Asus but I wasn't sure.

I love my Dell XPS 15.

had the 13, loved it so much I upgraded to the 15. made the 13 a work laptop at the office.

Fujitsu lifebook

Honestly though modern thinkpads are not built to the same standard than IBM ones, its a shame

Believe it or not Alienware 13 is actually great for the price. Looks fugly though but you can cover up the logos and turn off the LEDs. But it's basically a Lattitude with the full keyboard depth of the old ones, light/mid gaming with the 960m, but also 5-6 hour battery life with only the Intel graphics for non-gaming use.

I was surprised I ended up getting this because I hate how it looked but it was a great deal for the open box price I got it at.

What screen size do you guys usually go for? Anything above 15 inch feels a little too big and unwieldy for me.

14 is best but it's pretty hard to find outside of the T series chinkpads these days. When that isn't an option with the specs I want I go with either 13 or 15. Weight matters more than size in my decision.

Still on windows or did you drop a linux distro on it?

even with everything covered up it's still just too ugly to own

The Thinkpad 13 and X1 Carbon or any of the T460 variants seem breddy solid

And still among the best. What a damn shame for the market.

with a budget like that, and such a short lifespan, just get a max spec mbp, and virtual machine w7/10.

I have a 13, and use ubuntu mate with it now, battery life is identical. It had issues with the high DPI, but you can change settings easily (font size for apps, browser, etc and icon size)

Sager/Clevo. You can build a pretty sweet one.

I honestly think it would look fine if it had pure white backlights on the keyboard and there was no ayylmao on the back/power button. And it's very light (same weight as a typical 14' thinkpad). If I had $600 more I'd have gotten a Precision or XPS 15 with the same specs , though I prefer the old-school scissor switch keyboard which very few laptops have these days

Why no thinkpad p70 or p50?

Bad quality
No it's shit.
It's not in OPs price range, otherwise I'd have also recommended elitebook workstations and dell precisions, too

this, get a 13 inch rmbp and never look back

What does Sup Forums think of Probooks? Been thinking about getting 430 G3.

14" are literally the same size as an A4 paper, so they're the best

Used Dell precision m4800 and if u want, some hardware to change (ssd\2nd HDD, etc). You might even get one with the UHD screen

So I'm thinking of getting something in the Thinkpad T series, but I'm worried about the extreme amount of bloatware that you tend to get with pre-assembled computers. Do you guys just immediately reformat the hard drive and do a completely clean install when you get a laptop?

wait for new 13" mbp, high probability that it will be very good

I have about $800 to spend, would prefer to save a few bucks. Cross posting here for laptop relevance:

So I would like to play WoW on this thing. I'm looking at two laptops, linked below. One an i5 u, the other HQ and a 950m and 960m respectively. $125 gets me the upgrades as well as MSI over Acer (which I have a feeling is a good thing?). The Acer has a 128gb SSD which I believe is the only thing going for it apart from the price point.

Acer 950m: newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=Homepage_SS-_-P3_34-315-423-_-09072016&Index=3

MSI 960m: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112&cm_re=960m-_-34-154-112-_-Product

I do not need ultra or even high settings. I want it to run at a stable fps with limited frame drops. If the 950m can accomplish that with the dual core i5 then that's precisely what I want. The most taxing thing I will do on this device is play games.

I can technically afford the i7 model @ just under $800. I don't know if intel's laptop processors are like their desktop, but I've never needed more than an i5. If that processing power is more vital for laptops to run games smoothly I'm open to spending the extra bucks but technically would love to save money.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

VAIO Z.

When my priority is a real mate screen and a good keyboard (maybe even mechanical), what options do I have? The lenovo carbon looks ok, but I honestly don't trust the screen.

>mechanical
not possible unless you want a 17'' MSI gayming truck monstosity

What you want is a scissor switch keyboard.

>scissor switch keyboard
Ok where do I get it?

Im gonna hijack this thread.

What is the absolute best bang for you buck laptop I can get for $500?

Its going to be used in the dental field.

I was thinking of the T440P but newer laptops nowadays have a 1080p screen for the same price, What do you guys think?

thewirecutter.com/leaderboard/laptops/

thinkpads (though they're worse than they were in the past), alienware, lattitude, elitebook

Anyone tried puri.sm/ ? I love its design but I want to see some reviews before buying

MacBooks last forever. Also, Apple Care is top-notch for replacing parts and troubleshooting if something goes wrong.

You could install Windows or a Linux distro on it if OS X isn't your thing.

Just don't buy one if you're a gamerfag.

I'm looking for a laptop as well for school. But my budget is 1000$CAD plus tax

Should I get an acer or what am I looking at

>puri.sm/
those specs are shit

Yep. I do all my stuff on remote servers so this doesn't really bother me

Im going to take flack for this but get a macbook pro. Triboot windows and lunux. Ive never owned or.known anyone whos had an hp, lenovo, compaq or acer where the battery hasnt died after 2 years. Not to mention all their keyboards are cluster fucks.

Buy a new $300 Acer every year

Or, buy a $500 Acer every other year

images10.newegg.com/ProductImage/34-234-161-02.jpg

please tell me if this is shit

I recommend the MacBook with Retina display

This
can get it new for $700 too via Pity about the screen gamut though

I just used tronscript and it eliminated most of the bs. I think there may be a few Lenovo programs you want to keep.

I bought the Asus UX501VW today... how did I do?
i7
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
GTX 960
8 hour battery life
Sexy looks