ITT: Software who's authors deserve to be shot

>ITT: Software who's authors deserve to be shot.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/nodejs/node/tree/master/src
youtube.com/watch?v=tBRGMcdAKzs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

well that takes the cake, op

shot? they deserve to be tortured

debian

What's wrong with node.js? Javascript is the future of programming senpai.

systemd amirite

He's already dead.

Are you insane?

let the failed abortion burn

/thread

systemd is alright, stop repeating things parrot-fashion

lol. question is, what's not wrong with it?

What's wrong with node.js?

What's wrong with node.js?

Maybe it is the fact that it was made for brain damaged CS pajeets to make a living?

Or is is the fact that it is made in one of the worst programming languages ever made?

Sysyemd authors only need a lesson in humility.
There is no greater sin than node

Javascript is definitely a bad language. But that hardly matters and node.js is still pretty decent.

what's right with node.js?

>Maybe it is the fact that it was made for brain damaged CS pajeets to make a living?
Hardmode: No memes

>It is made in one of the worst programming languages ever made
Node was made in C++/C. Hardly one of the worst programming languages

>who's authors
whose authors

Linux mint

Why?

Sup Forums

kill everyone involved

this entire corporation must be purged

Unit 2.4 was kinda neat, not sure how things are going now but chances are it's cancer.

>Node was made in C++/C.
> .js

>node interprets javascript so it must have been written in javascript

Technically it's written in C++ and JS.

>Redhat
>humility
Will never happen.

github.com/nodejs/node/tree/master/src
The only parts written in JS are the built in modules, such as fs & crypto, but node itself was written in c++

I consider the Node standard library to be part of Node itself. And the standard library is also partially written in C++, not just the V8 and libuv wrapper runtime.

lmao @ all these butthurt losers.

node is the future.

This and

But why tho

This

Are you paid to dev for Tizen?

why?

>who's

Why inventing other languages when C was given to us?

youtube.com/watch?v=tBRGMcdAKzs

This is your average node.js developer.

literally everything. why would you pick the shittiest language and try to extend its uses to places where it makes no sense at all?
>C
>hardly one of the worst programming languages
oh god you don't even realize the irony

ITT shitposts whose OP deserve to be shot
learn some grammar, kiddo

filtered

I want to say crypto lockers and other malware authors but maybe they're just desperate.

It doesn't even support different Keyboard layouts. If I want to type @ or \ on my QWERTZ layout it does something completely different. Let alone that it's slow as fuck and basically a worse version of Sublime (for the most part)

Just curious: Why is JavaScript/Node.js a bad language?

Because webdevs are a meme

All non-strongly typed languages are bad and will never be able to compete with languages like Java or C# for enterprise development (i.e. the 90% of the software made today)

Meteor.JS
all those javascript frameworks that make a tab occupy 500mb ram for an animation
Python
Brackets / Atom
Android studio

/thread

Javascript is the new php. Learn a real programming language.

Python is magnificent, you say sorry right now.

make me

>t. Faggot

Welcome to the thread

DAHNALD

The apology!

You'll need to persuade me :3

BUT MUH COMMANDLINE PRODUCTIVITY

GNOME

on paper it sounds OK. big ass IoC framework that allows you to use a common language for your front-end and back-end. also seems to achieve its goal of making non-blocking IO easy.

in practice, it's slow and JS sucks. Go's net/http lib is just better in every measurable way.

ITT: passive-aggressively post icons of software i don't like

This so much. The GNOME developers are retarded idiots

kek

fucking this

sorry about your language tastes :3

They should be shot because they're all SJW faggots.

Literally every major tech company is switching to Node.js because it's the superior to other options.

You nerds don't know shit.

>'But I'm in school and know C. JavaScript is dumb, amirite?!?!?!1'

More or less... I work for an institute that had some sort of partnership with Samsung, so we got a bunch of s7 and gear S2 to do some field testing with (we developed a navigation application)
The tizen development experience is horrible. Just getting a dummy app to work on a device took me 2 days. Building an app (which is JUST A FUCKING WEBSITE) takes FUCKING AGES... Then, the debugger crashes constantly, also takes ages to connect to the device and is just a buggy chrome development tools copy.
During the development process they pushed out an update for the "api", with which they renamed some permissions, the information of which you can find on line 3000 of a half korean website. Generally you'll find the korean or French doc first, often only.
They fucking rename their documentation websites all the time too, so half of the Google links go 404.
Error messages are as explicit as "an error has occurred" if you're lucky.
Connecting an app to a phone takes 100lines of code to just get the most basic functionality. Want to know if the connection is still up? Well fuck you, you'll have to write a heartbeat for that. No way of telling with the api.
Its really bad.

[your favorite software]

> nodebotanist

Holy shit. How does this retard have a job?

white people are easy to guilt & manipulate

Fuck you.