So i need a small computer for torrenting 24/7 and i was thinking about something similar to an Intel NUC...

so i need a small computer for torrenting 24/7 and i was thinking about something similar to an Intel NUC, but i can't decide which model will get the job done without spending too much or if there are other alternatives
>inb4 not a raspberry

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/torrents/comments/3htwtn/unused_android_phone_as_a_torrent_box/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_single-board_computers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get an old Boost Mobile Moto G first gen.

Can get em for like $20-30 and Android has plenty of native torrent clients.

Low power as fuck too.

i don't think it can handle it.
i'm under the fiber and torrent 200gb/day

It can easily handle it, torrenting isn't some super strenuous task.

reddit.com/r/torrents/comments/3htwtn/unused_android_phone_as_a_torrent_box/

I know Leddit blah bleh, but found this on google to back me up.

You'll need an OTG cable(cheap) for storage reasons with an external or something.

Or you can get something a bit more with an mSD slot and use a big ass mSD card.

Why not a raspi though? Not trying to convince you, just curious as to what's wrong with it.

ok, i'll an eye

they are not stable in the long time, worked with them in the past and i don't want an unstable and cheap machine

>they are not stable in the long time, worked with them in the past and i don't want an unstable and cheap machine
What do you mean by this? How are they unstable? What differentiates them from other low-power machines?

they are great for little project, but if you keep them powered 24/7 they will die like a nigga in the wrong hood.

OP get the Nuc, best option. Plus it's not that expensive and can be used like a regular machine.

>nigga in the wrong hood
Lmao!

Mines been running 24/7 for nearly a year as a file server

same here, running a conlang dictionary and small website on mine for almost a year. 0 issues from the raspi. I say OP is just too retarded to set it up

USB 2.0 interface that shares bandwidth with the NIC (at least for the B model). Once they fix that it should be a fine choice.

That's untrue, my roomate and I each have one as a home server, I've had mine for over a year and it's still going strong.

I use a Foxconn nt-A3500 which I set up in 2012. I use it for torrenting, running my personal site, and run OwnCloud on it as well. I put Debian on it. Works great, had maybe 7 or 8 unexpected crashes in the 4 years I've used it.

SeedBox

>inb4 pay to pirate (poorfags)

Totally worth it.

I have an old netbook as seedbox

This

trusting a device which cost less than 50 bucks for your data.
really on Sup Forums there are so many faggots?

You don't store the data on the pi you fucking retard, do you know how computers work?

It's strenuous for the drive if you're doing lots downloading and uploading at high speeds.
If you increase RAM caching you can avoid that, though, but that's not realistic on an old phone.

I also wouldn't trust an Android phone in terms of 24/7 stability.

There's a big difference between 99% idle servers and 0% idle torrent boxes.

ACTUAL ADVICE:

You should try to find a single board computer with a SATA connector.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_single-board_computers

Scroll down to the colored table. You can probably get one for $50 and then find a 3TB HDD for $100.