INSTALL GENTOO, its easier than ever, freedom 100% bless your PC! NOW! GENTOOO!!!! JUST FUCKIN INSTALL IT YOU FAGGOT!

INSTALL GENTOO, its easier than ever, freedom 100% bless your PC! NOW! GENTOOO!!!! JUST FUCKIN INSTALL IT YOU FAGGOT!

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page
youtube.com/watch?v=EkKElaYBNFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is a consumer review and tech support board. Why are you talking about something other than an iPhone?

Nah, i will install the best FOSS called Ubuntu Lainux :DD

This isn't about the iPhone™ or Windows™ 10™.

What's going on?

Yeah man, OP will never fit in among the cool gamers and gadget geeks of Sup Forums if he's talking about nerd stuff like gentoo.

Please share a video tutorials for normies.

>"fitting in" being a thing when the majority of Sup Forums were never able to fit in
Install gentoo

Why should I switch from Arch to Gentoo? I would lose the comfort of the AUR right? What's so nice about setting your own compile flags?

It's not free software and Stallman speaks out against it WHEN WILL THIS MEME DIE

Even if gentoo authorize non free software the manual that it gives forms you to install scracth by scratch (not has advanced has lfs) but you'll know when you are enough experienced with the thing that you don't need non free binaries.

Choose your sword
wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Handbook:Main_Page

Considered harmful

Less harmful alternatives are openBSD and freeBSD.

>Using software is harmful
>Less harmful options are stopping to use software and become a caveman

i got to where it started compiling a bunch of shit and quit at that point, it's not 1996 anymore, i'll let the dorks compile shit for me

Stop!
FreeBSD is vulnerable by default use OpenBSD

openbsd with twm and xcalc are all anyone needs

Installing gentoo is piss easy for anybody who's not illiterate and who's able to follow basic instructions.
Someone already made one:
youtube.com/watch?v=EkKElaYBNFY
Stallman is a jewish autistic manchild.

no thanks I don't want to waste hours of my life compiling shit for a 3% performance increase

If I compile Gentoo, then later upgrade my CPU/MOBO (as I might this Fall), do I have to reinstall the whole OS?

Of course not, you only need to make sure that your kernel config will support your new hardware, or you can use an inclusive one like the liquorix config that will work with anything. You might not want to initially use march=native in make.conf but you can change that at any time anyway.

You'll get double comfortable than AUR, being able to select the version you want and compile only against what you need. Moreover ebuilds in postage tree aren't written by some casual idiot seeing Bash scripting for the first time in his life.

Atleast OpenBSD is audited from kernel to base, can't say that about anything else really

So let's say I'm on an Intel Core 2 Quad right now, and I upgrade to a Kaby Lake this Fall, and I *do* want to take advantage of the latest and greatest instructions in the architecture.

Does your Gentoo kernel constantly recompile itself with the settings you specify every time it updates... without you having to reinstall or turn off the machine?

I've never used Gentoo and don't really know how it works.

>he uses gentoo when debian exists