So now that the dust has settled, what do we think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MQ8pTGCcW7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Apple's design lead is dead. iPhone looks exactly like the last ones so no need to upgrade

>still no proper filesystem interface, can't drag/drop media
>can EITHER charge phone or listen to music
>warranty still doesn't cover water damage, despite explicit reference to IP ratings
they're playing the buzzword game even better than android

implying you only need to upgrade depending on appearance

>magpie detected

The second camera is literally just a static optic

>muh thinness
>that fucking eyesore bulge got even THICCIER
Crapplefags are clinically retarded not to notice the self-defeating way that innovayshuns are being pushed down their throats.

what does that mean

>can EITHER charge phone or listen to music
>Not getting Airpods
bad goyim!

>More thin memes
>Can't put your phone face up on the table without it wobbling
Wew lad

>I'm only enticed to buy a new phone if the design is new, fuck everything else

It's still a smoldering pile of shit because it doesn't solve any of the problems in pic related and goes one step further and doesn't include a fucking headphone jack.

>camera extending beyond the case

so i'm reading that the camera isn't better than the one on the s7? is that correct?

>wall-e has been repurposed into an aplel camera
Fucking brutal m8, just brutal.

If nobody can tell the difference between this one and last year's model, what's the point in upgrading?

Well, you just can't have that space gray version otherwise hot bitches won't touch you're dick.

or just get a case but then they'll ask why you don't have those expensive airbuds or whatever they're called

>wow super thin
>put heavy duty cover over it

Boring. Just small improvements of the camera.

Please stop posting that picture. Most of it is untrue.

>shit res screen
Looks pretty good despite the low res, not everyone needs QHD

>no mSD slot
This is only relevant in context of it being overpriced. If you buy the 64gb version there is no need for a mSD slot

>shit camera
Not shit by any stretch of the imagination, not as good as some Android but better than the average smartphone camera

>shit battery life
Android too

>no native file browser
Good point, although you can jailbreak

>can't use as flash drive
See above

>have to use lagtunes to access one
Not true, you can use 3rd party programs if you want

>can't share files other than photos/videos
True

>No back button
Ok

>Shit multi-tasking
??

>Less apps
?????

>Encryption is full of backdoors
It's not the encryption, it's the OS itself. And if you think iOS is bad, Google literally watches everything you do on Android since they own it and make their money this way.

>Looks exactly like a IP6
>Needs an extra dongle for headphones - SMART!
>Has absolute power - only problem is you don't need it because current high end phones run everything just as well as medium tier phones
>Can survive a splash

Sure it's the best yet but that headphone thing sucks balls and there's still no support for micro SD. It's still a good buy for people who want to pay too much for a phone.

which is mandatory it seems. gorilla glass is shit.

Hate that the camera isn't flush to the surface. Stupid ass fucking design. Other than its ok. Does anyone have any info on dark mode? If they have that then it's great

So did they get rid of the headphone jack?

>not using more than 64 gb
wew
>needing to jailbreak for something that android does natively
kek enjoy

>So did they get rid of the headphone jack?

yes, but you can use an adapter to use regular earbuds

still, pretty courageous of them

the dust has in fact not settled...

because...

[spoiler]the iPhone 7 is literally dust-proof[/spoiler]

feel btfo'd yet??

>hurbadur 3.5mm jack takes too much space but there's space for a "" taptic engine"" because the home button needs to be force sensitive for some reason
>camera bulge still exists
>incompatible with nearly all existing audio equipment
>airpods have 5 hours of battery life so you also have to bother with charging your headphones
>the reasoning behind this is merely "IT'S CURRENT YEAR LMAO"

The A10 seems nice but you aren't going to do anything more intensive than web browsing since this is a phone so it doesn't really matter IMO.

why are there 2 cameras? does it record in 3d?

steve jobs is probably rolling in his grave.

that hideous camera looks like something that would be on a low end chink phone.

>everything my devices don't have are useless

tl;dr: you're a sour grape

Faster than any android phone, amazing camera, dust and water resistance, new home button, new stereo speakers, that mate black color looks fucking amazing, new iOS 10 jailbreak will be released later this month.

There is literally not a single bad thing to hate about this phone for me desu I think I'm finally upgrading from my 5s.

I'm just thinking like how normies would think. Normies would rather get the cheaper one.

Saving larger design overhaul for the tenth anniversary next year.

>"I think I'm finally upgrading from my 5s"
>I literally just bought a 5s almost a year ago

The iPhone 5s is still as fast as 1 year old android phones so you will be fine for the next two years, iOS 10 makes the 5s even more faster so I don't see a problem desu

I think is garbage dear user kun

thinking about buying a 5s used because i wanna save that money....on 5c :P

6s....s- : siny black edition

But the iPhone 6 can't keep up with a Xexus from like 4 years ago though.

To add insult to injury iOS 10 will literally causes iPhones before the iPhone 6s to lag hard so apple can push you to get a new iPhone.

Where are you reading this?

>Replaced home button with touch sensor

Seriously, how many things has Apple copied from HTC?

any new on macbooks?

The piano finish is a fingerprint heaven. I know the manufacturing process is cool and all that jazz but why did they even bother.

Dunno 'bout that, my Galaxy S5 still outperforms my work iPhone 6S.

Like literally every other flagship smartphone right now.

Man I can't wait for the macbook pro to be the next victim of the thinner meme.
I'll finally be able to frisbee like pro.
No more macbook frisbeeing like some stupid pleb for me.

In which aspect??
Like literally have you replaced it with a special kind of s5?

Mine is slow as heck and I've done the factory reset a couple to times plus I have few to none apps installed.
Even opening the camera takes atleast 3 fuckin seconds.
When I switched back to my old iphone 6 I was shocked how fast it actually is

>It's not the encryption, it's the OS itself. And if you think iOS is bad, Google literally watches everything you do on Android since they own it and make their money this way.
Install replicant faggot

how do I use my lightning headphones with my macbook?

Why does Sup Forums care so much about these faggy phones?

All these middle school tier "discussions" are so boring, it's like Sup Forums 2.0.

I know this gets posted all the time but something that really bugs me about it is the part about the screen being shit res. Wasn't Apple one of the first to have super high-res screens? The resolution on all the newest iPhones is above 300dpi as opposed to the 72dpi found in typical monitors. I haven't used a new iPhone so I don't really know how it looks in person but on paper it seems like it's plenty?

it is plenty, android fags jerking off at their ridiculous resolutions are just wasting performance and battery life on something that doesn't matter

Performance is the biggest selling point. And software updates.

But I think Ill stick to my android

Mine runs smoothly. I use CM though.
t. Different guy

Not even the S7 can outperform the iPhone 6s, stop lying youtu.be/MQ8pTGCcW7A

jesus christ that iphone footage is tempting me

>it's a sour grapes episode
keked errytime

The 10th anniversary phone (Which will be dubbed the iPhone 10, mark my words) is going to be full glass with no physical buttons, a flush dual camera (even on the smaller model) and an OLED display.

People that say that their Android outperforms iPhones are nothing but delusional. A9 is faster than even the SD820. And now the A10 is 40% faster than the A9. That is not even considering how well optimized iOS.

Sorry, Android has many advantages but it needs to catch up in performance.

Phone for niggers who think apple is taking power away from whitey and putting back into the hands of the nba, nike and schools

Should I get a Macbook Air or Pro

just using it for school but the rez on the Air is fucking shit

>OLED
IT'S OGRE SAMSUNG WON

>>warranty still doesn't cover water damage, despite explicit reference to IP ratings
Neither do other phones, specifically because it is hard to prove if the user violates the rating guidelines which are usually something like X meters of water for X minutes.

If you throw your device in a pool to show off its water resistance you are an idiot, even if it is fine afterward.

Only on single thread performance :^)

Should I get an iPhone 6s?

I have an LG G3 but I don't really bother with android customization and I want a phone that will last two solid years with good battery life. I don't play games or anything.

>Make new model
>Somehow decide that the old unscratchable materials are not good enough anymore
>Make new model out of paper mache and despair

Why
Why would you make a phone that's 50% silver/gold/pink, aka "a hair-thin scratch is going to look like the fucking Grand Canyon" and change your materials to that now your phone gets scratched if a slight breeze blows on it?

I've had an iphone 4s since launch day, putting it in my pocket with fucking KEYS, and it still looks like you just took it out of the box.
My iPhone 6s looks like it has been through a war after a single fucking MONTH of being always stored in my pocket alone.

Yeah, it's just childish of their part, like, I get it, iOS is not as "free" as android when it comes to customization, but it is without a doubt the most reliable OS out there. And jailbreak makes the iPhone just perfect if you're about that "customizing of my shitty phone is amazing" life.

I have a G3 too, if you want a simple UI and you don't care about the lack of customization and storage expansion then go for it. As for me, i'm sticking with LG and probably upgrading to the V20.

Air is basically a tablet. Sooner than later it will be running iOS too.

$65/mo for 2.5GB plan, $0 down for 24 months @ 42.87/mo (lolcanada), taxes at 15%, should I do it? (7 gold 128GB)

fuck off you fucking shill

I can definitely bump down to 64GB or 128GB 6S though. Trying to keep overall monthly costs below $120.

get one. fantastic phone, you won't be disappointed

So when we will getting phones that you don't need to charge everyday?

>Comparing performance on phones
>Comparing resolution
>Comparing shit nobody cares about

For what purpose?
The most intensive programs available on ANY FUCKING PHONE can be run perfectly on a $200 phone, so comparing $800 phones on the performance side makes zero sense.
Resolution differences are literally invisible to the human eye on anything past the $200 range.
The weight difference between phone models is imperceptible.

Why would you care about your phone's brand
What do you even get out of a top of the line phone
How do you even live with yourself pretending there's differences between any fucking phone model above mid-tier
I'm mystified
Flabbergasted
How tech illiterate do you even have to be to engage in discussions over what is better, even when 90% of arguments presented are fucking irrelevant to a staggering degree

How much does it cost? I imagine it's overpriced but just how overpriced did the absolute madmen make it?

Hahaha they always do that.

Uses Mac - games are for children
Uses iphone - flash, SD cards, file system access, torrents, etc useless no one needs that stuff

The only two good laptops apple do now are the 13" air and the top spec 15" pro so pick your poison based on what you're doing.

Wait until the refresh in november though.

Airpods look retarded, people are going to lose them day one.

To be fair, I don't get people who parade around torrenting as an option on their phone.
Even if your data plan allows you to do it, why are you torrenting on your phone?
I'm constantly told it's an option, yet I can't imagine a single situation in which I'd go "Golly gee, I sure am glad I can torrent on this device".

Flash is also something I don't get. Even on phones that support it, Flash content is a nightmare to navigate on a mobile device. It doesn't make me feel glad when my phone is able to load it, it just makes me wish I was using a PC even more.

s5 user chiming in, can confirm it is at least as fast, or faster than my iphone 6 but can't say re: iphone 6s

>but muh performance / but muh android/apple master race
we're comparing apples to oranges here folks, choose a device you're comfortable with, enjoy it and shut the fuck up. performance is negligible because chances are, none of us are going to be dual-wielding pocket phones at any given time and whipping them out concurrently to get that time-sensitive picture, nor to see which messaging app opens up quicker so it saves you a millisecond of your life

>nothing to hate except needs to jail break

Now we'll have shills that will claim the interface found on 99% of existing audio gear needs to be replaced because ((current year)), thanks applel

This.

I'm in Canada too but I don't see the point in going with the carrier plans where you get the phone for cheaper but then pay the difference through paying a huge amount on your monthly bill. I plan on just buying the unlocked version and getting a $40/month plan with Wind or Koodo.

I'm seeing $650 to $850

Then you have Airpods at $160, which are only compatible with Apple products.

>Apple designers fell for the "the 3.5mm jack is making phones too thick" meme
>Don't use camera enough to care about the improvements to it
>iPhone 6's processor is still performing well enough for me
No reason to bother upgrading.

>literally have to install a security flaw just to get basic functionality
keked

Been meaning to get a spare $20 pre-paid smartphone just to run a few apps and maybe as a spare phone.

>only compatible with Apple products
kek, seriously? I never liked apples headphones but at least they could connect to anything. Only reason they're gonna make bank off of that is idiots will lose theirs and have to buy new ones.

With iPhone sales dropping, many feel the same.

>but muhhh specs MUH SPECS
what fucking more do need in a device fundamentally incapable of multitasking or doing really anything but web surfing?
what additional gimmicks are you lacking in your life?
why does the idea that maybe a manufacturer should get off their ass and make an exciting product for once mortally offend you? afraid that it might drop your 5% diminishing returns for this generation down to 4% instead?

I don't care about performance
I don't care about speed
I don't care abut all this bullshit
What I care about is freedom
That's why I use replicant

this

>lose theirs

They are just earbuds, people will lose them easily. You also have to charge them.

Apple design has really been crap since he died. You could tell immediately when they released the redesigned iOS that the quality wasn't there anymore.

Jailbreak is just a plus, specially considering how amazingly fast iOS 10 is in my 5s.

>mfw I get half off my bill with Telus by being a Best Buy cuck
>mfw essentially I get the phone half price