Mark my word the reason they are doing this is to be able to control who can produce headphones for the thing and when...

Mark my word the reason they are doing this is to be able to control who can produce headphones for the thing and when they can be connected and used.

Don't pay Apple for a license? No iPhone combatible headphones for you.

Got a better headphone at a better price then their partners? No license for you.

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/us/home-appliances/microwaves/countertop/ms11k3000as-1-1-cu-ft-counter-top-convection-microwave-ms11k3000as-aa/
arstechnica.com/apple/2012/10/apple-revising-mfi-program-to-limit-third-party-lightning-accessories/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>More shit to charge

HELL YEAH

>Charge phone
>Charge iwatch
>charge earpods

How come its bluetooth than

>OP has an argument about how by removing the 3,5mm jack they can control who makes headphones for the iphone
>and then there's (you) asking the stupidest question ever, which also is an extra point to OPs argument
retard

>inb4 hurr durr but apple didn't invent bluetooth so anyone can make bluetooth headsets for the iphone

post reels of another android peasant....

bluetooth can be controlled

I can fucking pair any BT headphones to an iPhone, Apple have no say. How are you this dumb?

Yeah, it's not because they already own a meme headphone company.

FYI Samsung will also change to wireless headphones in the next series (S8 and Note 8) as they have agreed with Apple, only Apple doesn't it first because only Apple can popularise such a gimmick.

Screencap this.

t. Insider.

>change to

people said the same bullshit about lightning cables, i see a ton of people that have fried their devices using third party 2 dollar cables from the drug store

Smart belt buckles when

Isn't Bluetooth's compression create an audible hissing? Or was this fixed?

>Walking to the subway
>gets bumped by people
>earphone falls down in the crowd

>jogging
>go to scfratch head
>earphone falls down and over the bridge

at least make a band or an ear attach for it

Thats actually the next step of their masterplan

Next will be the iRing

A tiny little screen on your finger with your choice of real silver or gold, and multiple different gems.

Starting at 40k

If they do iJordans their stock will sky rocket

What the fuck do you want exactly? If you want wireless earbuds, you are going to have this problem with ANY of them unless they wrap around each ear. If you are too dumb to use them without them falling out of your ear then buy the wireless beats where each side is connected to each other, but that design is terrible and outdated already

Most wireless headphones have either a wire connecting them to each other so that they will catch on your neck if they fall, or hook onto your ears.

Apple headphones barely fit in your ear

>What the fuck do you want exactly?
>at least make a band or an ear attach for it

So like 10 people

>Have to charge my iPhone every day because Apple cares more about making it a mm thinner in the thinnest part (forget about that huge camera bump goy) than putting a larger battery in
>Have to charge my Apple Watch every day because battery is shit
>Have to charge my Airbuds every day because battery is shit
>If I don't want to use my Airbuds I have to carry around my regular earbuds plus a fucking adapter thing
Wow so fucking good, I am so glad I converted to the Applel lifestyle, everything just werks.

bluetooth buttplug, apple will now conduct prostate exams and provide anal orgasms in honor of our lord and savior

Apple is making some bizarre decisions lately.

Why did you do it though? You knew what was in store for you and you did it anyway. How dare you betray Google (registered trademark) and their amazing line of Android phones. Fuck you you stupid fucking apple loving fag.

Posted from my Exploding Galaxy S7 Edge

I use android
Most folks here will use android

So why are so many people shitting their pants? Now you know the new ifern won't have the jack so you can:

>Get it
>Not get it

The simple fucking end. If faggots want to spend that much on a phone that will be Nvidia-level kucked in 2 years making it almost unusable, then sure. I stuck with my S3 until the battery really died and thought it was time for a new phone (a bit less than a year ago). I'm happy with my S5 Neo.

It just werks fine

twelve dollars for something worth 30 cents

the power of profit margins. what happened to the old age of bartering?

I guess the idea is that apparently the inner ear design is SO well made that they sit perfectly tight in your ear. remember a few years back when they said they looked at the ear shape of like a thousand people and made their earbuds based on that? these are the same just wireless

Went out the window with stallman.

bartering still exists, but only among the worst kinds of people

As if this is some obfuscated really hard to grasp fact. Their goal has always been to make proprietary parts since manufacturers have to conform to them. They decided to monetize the headphone jack just like the connector has been forever

the band will also have to be charged

look like meth pipes

No issues on an iPhone SE. Pretty comparable to an Android phone using AptX. I've kept my headphones on the same setting (so still "high quality" but no AptX) and barely notice the difference. Also for whatever reason in iOS9 the EQ caused a noticeable quality loss for Bluetooth. In iOS10 that's fixed.

tl;dr it won't be a problem

The phone has more battery life because they didn't make it thinner, actually. They filled that space with battery.
Also the buds come with a charging case that does 60% in 15 minutes. Not bad but not great.

they didn't fill that space with battery they filled it with a bigger taptic engine and home button assembly

It hid under the table

samsung is a tech company much more general in approach than apple.
samsung.com/us/home-appliances/microwaves/countertop/ms11k3000as-1-1-cu-ft-counter-top-convection-microwave-ms11k3000as-aa/
This has nothing to do with the Samsung Galaxy in the same way that the link you posted is nearly completely irrelevant to this discussion

i dont even have a samsung either

you can still barter with apple :) theyre just going to say no to any offer under their asking price because theyre the only person selling their product.

Can't wait to find a bunch of lost airpods around the downtown area and sell them on ebay.

Fucking iShit. I swear to god if the industry starts copying this bullshit I'mma stop buying phones.

If they really wanted that then why do they include a lightning to 3.5mm adapter in the box?

I would seriously consider an iPhone 7+ with a completely flush back and an extra couple mm of battery.

It's bluetooth retard

Sure ya will.

damage control

>Because a person has complete and 100% control of their world and every person around them at all times and if they're not prescient about things like another person bumping into you from the back that could cause your wireless earbuds to fly out, they're the stupid ones.

This is you, this is the level of delusional you live in, which makes sense because since you don't leave your basement you do have completely control over your small world, except the smell.

Knowing Apple's icuck policy you probably won't be able to pair any random L/R so you will have to buy a new set everytime you even lose one

No, it's clearly a play to save money on the marginal cost of an iPhone by not having to include the hardware and softward to run wired earphones.

are you retarded op

you still have bluetooth

>Listening to music in public

Of course it's dumb, that's for niggers and teenagers

It's marketed to the dumbest people in america

What's the battery life on these things going to be like?

They did something similar with lighting USB cables, only certified chargers will work with the iPhone, if you try to plug in a non certified one a notification will pop up and will tell you that the cable won't work

To be fair, isn't there a 3.5mm jack to lightning converter (official hardware)?

I really hate Apple too but I don't really see a problem with this as long as there is a way to use 3.5mm.

Give them back Jamal

so I'm guessing there no fucking built in mic to these wireless pieces of shit? Do I have to go back to holding a phone to my head like its 2002 or using that fucking abortion adapter and wired headphones now?
Wow, what an UPGRADE

It takes COURAGE to be this mentally retarded

"up to 5 hours"

I know.

Post yfw the iPhone 7S had 2 lightning ports.

Umm sure but while probably with a little effort they could have embedded that 3.5 plug ( There is no reason it they couldn't make it fit ).
Now people will find it attractive to buy wireless.
But here is the catch OP mentions, maybe now it's not any Bluetooth gear, now it's only APPLE CERTIFIED, just like the lightning cables cable.

So you use the converter
You lose it
You consider a wirless option
You can now littereally only get either apple certified 160$ earbus
or apple certfied new converts 20$

a) anyone can make bluetooth headphones
b) anyone can use the dongle although i agree it's a shit solution
c) pretty sure anyone can make lightning headphones

They actually did it

The fucking MADMEN actually did it

This will be super popular as well mark my words. People will love it

arstechnica.com/apple/2012/10/apple-revising-mfi-program-to-limit-third-party-lightning-accessories/

"There could be no camera bump, a huge battery, and a headphone jack if it was 1mm thicker"

>To be fair, isn't there a 3.5mm jack to lightning converter (official hardware)?

Courage!

This is the best """""""""""""""""""""""""technology""""""""""""""""""""""""" MEME in a long time

As if normals are going to start paying 160USD for earbuds after losing their first pair when the majority use the cheapest wired shit in the first place

The only INNOVATION that came out of this is using an extra adapter with your 10USD convenience store pair

Can't wait to see the mic quality on these 160USD earbuds as well

Also, 160USD gets you supposedly 5hrs of talk time so go fuck yourself if you actually use your phone. Go buy another 160USD pair is the solution clearly.

This is just Apple making headphones proprietary to their standard. Any manufacturer that wants to make headphones for the ishit 7 now has to pay apple to conform to their chipset instead of using a widely accepted 3.5 mm standard

The iphone 7 is really hard to defend, even from the perspective of the most delusional fanboy

Because Samsung and others will do the same thing.

I suppose 5 hours is better than the Samsung iconx, those are 1-3 hours depending how you use them or some such.
Still better to get jaybirds or something, 8 hours and harder to lose I imagine, dunno why people think it's a good idea to make or buy these tiny things. the existing wireless headphones are fine on their own.

Samsung is all about features, no way will they take it off, they only ever ditched the removable battery and that was to make it waterproof.

Thank you OP. At least somebody else sees the real reason why this has happened.

I didn't know my Note 5 was waterproof!

Note 5 a shit. Note 7 is truly waterproof.
It just burns all the water off.

>If you are too dumb to use them without them falling out of your ear

How would them falling out of his ear be any fault at all of his? Fucking Applefags are this retarded.....

They dropped removable at first to make it shiny since that's what everyone was always bitching about, then while everyone was indeed jizzing in their pants over how shiny it now was, they immediately said, 'you should definitely stick an ugly skin or case over this.'
Consumers are retards.

retards or nor, consumers are what drives supply (or laps up whatever apple shits out), it's really a symbiotic type of relationship

>Optional
There's the solution. I can plug some shit headphones from the nineties into my android and it will work. Apple is a bunch of """minimalist""" faggots who could into design too much. The shitty part is that since apple is an "innovator" companies will change and cuck the rest of us. Fuck this gay consumerist world

This was their endgame when they bought beats. It still makes me laugh when people think they bought it for the streaming service lol.

APPLE SELL HARDWARE MORE THAN ANYTHING THAT'S WHAT THEY CARE ABOUT.

>APPLE
>DESIGN

Maybe when Jobs was still alive. They've been rehashing the same shit for years now. Innovation is dead there.

lol you're so full of shit. Regular Bluetooth headphones will still work fine. Don't be a douchebag.

>Don't pay Apple for a license? No iPhone combatible headphones for you.

For Lightning connected headphones, sure, they need to be part of the Made for iPhone programme, but the phone still has Bluetooth which is an open standard.

Apple are pushing the wireless route, that was clear from the keynote.

>Apple are pushing the wireless route

Yet you still cannot wirelessly charge an iphone

gawd dang! you'll look like a fucking faggot fairy wearing ear rings using these sound sticks! Probably should like shit, too.

You're so fucking stupid. Earphones pop out all the time when your jogging, even more so when you're running, at no fault other than design of the pieces. Try it sometime instead of sulking in your basement.

Not him, but, for what it's worth, the current Apple EarPods stay in my ear better than any other earbud I've ever owned. They're not glued in there or anything, but they do a great job. I wouldn't be surprised if the AirPods could stay in.

Everyone already beat me to it, but since I'm posting, I'll weigh in anyway: You're an idiot, Bluetooth and the Lightning -> 3.5mm adapter will always be an option.

Also, to all you people talking about how Apple pushes proprietary hardware and licensed standards in order to juice accessory manufacturers for money: have you ever considered that most manufacturers of third-party doodads for any given piece of technology, from game consoles to smartphones, tend to be complete and total dog shit? Has it occurred to you that Apple might do these things in an effort to control quality and guarantee interoperability?

>have to carefully align your device to a dock
or
>fickle connectors that get damaged easily

Apple will include wireless charging when it's not a total joke.

YOU'VE GOT TO CHARGE YOUR CHARGER

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAA

I legitimately thought their "modularity" shit earlier this year was just speculation or some meme.

>it's happening
>the "omg so innovative" meme is finally dying
>some people are still falling for it
>most people fucking hate it
>people who buy this shit will have to justify it at every turn

You're retarded. At worst, it's like a charging cradle. Charging cradles have existed for literally decades. At best, it's like a power bank.

It's literally just a charging cradle that also happens to hold a charge. You're flipping shit over abso-fucking-lutely nothing.

>mark my words: huge multi-national company tries to make as much money as possible
MIND BLOWN

Oh so you're just waiting for apple to invent it kek

Power banks have existed for years user, and they're super useful to own.

Are you retarded?

Apple is v popular with fiscally conversation socially liberal homosexuals

>If you want wireless earbuds, you are going to have this problem

We don't want wireless earbuds, that's the entire fucking point

but what happens when you lose one of the "AirPods"?

And it can also be hijacked

>>inb4 hurr durr but apple didn't invent bluetooth so anyone can make bluetooth headsets for the iphone

But this is true, even these new AirPods are bluetooth based, nobody needs to pay Apple a licence fee to make a set of bluetooth headphones.

They'll need to pay the Bluetooth SIG for a licence, but everybody already does that.
You won't find a reputable headphone company that doesn't have a set of cans with bluetooth support.

>FYI Samsung will also change to wireless headphones in the next series

They will, and so will everybody else. They might go with the USB-C audio format like Intel are trying to push, but it's essentially the same result, no 3.5mm analogue audio port.

>>at least make a band or an ear attach for it

They already do.

Why does everyone assume using AirPods is the only wireless solution? They even showed off multiple sets of Beats wireless headphones during the same keynote.

>Yet you still cannot wirelessly charge an iphone

Wireless charging is still a total shitshow.
Terrible efficiency, bad reliability.

The Apple Watch at least has a good magnetic solution, purely for convenience sake of such a small device.

> calls wireless charging a shitshow
> but defends it when apple are doing it even though its still shit

enjoy your ishit

Aren't they also $160? Because that is fucking absurd for some ear buds.