Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone...

Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone? I use to be an Apple fanboy until I started doing more research and now I just don't understand Apple.

>third camera
Android had that already
>quad core processor
And round had that in 2012
>3 gb if RAM
Android has had that for a while, 3 is kind of low for current flagships
>no headphone jack
The one Android without one has a model with it
>LED screen
Android has mostly moved on to OLED
>no removable matter
There are still a few Android phones with removable batteries
>no expandable storage
Expandable storage is pretty common among Android

I'm not saying they make bad phones but people get excited for Apple products in a way other phones have never seen while Apple fans ignore android phone altogether (or all but Samsung phones). Why is that? It it just hype beasts? Are people just falling for there clever marketing? I feel like I'm missing something.

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/
youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

iPhones have lower specs than Android phones but perform better. iOS doesn't lag. Android flagships lag out of the box.

iPhones have higher quality apps with consistent interface designs, because Apple enforces it.

iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones. In addition, Apple provides the best support out of any phone company.

iPhones, no matter what the model, have top tier battery life.

Applefags are either
>girls
>tech illiterate
>homosexuals

You apparently weren't an Apple user in the early days when the phones would brick on a near regular basis. I don't know if I can remember how many damn phones I had to replace at an Apple store.

iPhones continue to receive software updates 6 years later and more. Non Nexus Android phone owners are lucky to receive the second most recent major update in their phones lifetime.

I welcome you to 2016.

Android user and fan here, the A10 shits all over the Qualcomm CPUs it's not even funny, if you look at their road map you'd see that Qualcomm is dicking the dog.

Also doesn't help that the NVME Apple.puts in their iDevices destroys what the equivalent Android OEM uses.

At this point Qualcomm needs to step up their game, it's really weird how similar this whole thing is. Qualcomm being AMD and the Apple A10 being Intel. WHOA SO MANY CORES, too bad they all suck and it still gets walked on by the A9.

iPhones brick themselves when you upgrade too far ahead of their original iOS. Either they get laggy to an unusable point or the battery shits itself.

The appeal is that it boils down to it just werks

Normies want a phone that can call, text, snapchat, take photos, and browse the internet. That's it, and the iphone provides all of those in a simple fashion, you're also the coolest kid on the block if you have the newest one as well.

What it does, it does well. It's what it doesn't do is what makes it shit

the 820 and the A10 have the same number of cores

All phones do, thats kind of an invalid point to make

>muh android did it first
So of someone did it first no one else can?

The iPhone's appeal to me is iOS as a base, I like jaibreaking my devices which provides the flexibility I need while still maintaining the premium feeling I get from iOS. Also the synchronicity between Apple devices is breedy gud and you have admit that which is also an appeal since I have a Mac.

I don't want to meme on you, but it just works. Sure, you pay top dollar for something an Android phone can do, but there are always concessions with Android. For example, with Samsung you pay almost the same as iPhone for about the same build quality and top tier camera, however the software is fucking garbage riddled with bloat and a slow android skin. You can pay $600 for a flagship from LG/HTC/Motorola/Huawei/Google but there's always something missing, be it a shitty camera, poor battery life, boot loops, unoptimized as hell software.

With Apple you are guaranteed that your phone *assuming it's the latest Will be the absolute best of the bunch with top tier apps and app support. You are guaranteed to receive at least 3+ years of IOS updates too. Which is something 95% of Android users can't say.

That's not true. I'm still using my 2 year old galaxy s5. It still works flawlessly.

the first point is kinda true because android offers more freedom to the apps to perform
the second one is not true anymore
>best support and built quality
>top tier battery life
>top kek

This can be said for any 5 year old iPhone.

Androcucks are so used to shitty devices that one working 2 years later is a miracle.

My 3 year old iPhone 5c is laggy though.

My 2 year old Galaxy S5 is running at a crawl

not true

Clean your phone then. If not then install a ROM. It's simple.

My less than one year old 6s plus's screen doesnt even work, no cracks or anything, after updating to 9.3.5 it began overheating and then the touch stopped working

Also my iphone 5s that i use for music is laggy as fuck since ios 8 and the battery dies in 3 hours of listening to music and it isnt even using a sim card, its on airplane mode always.

Iphones has many pros and cons

Pros:
1. Highly optimized software as there are only a few iPhones compared to the thousands of different Android phones.

2. Excellent build quality

3. Very little viruses as Apple ALWAYS vhecks an app before releasing it to the app store.

Cons:

1. Non-opensource software

2. Requires proprietary connectors and adapters

3. Shitty battery life

I myself used to use an iPhone before realizing that Android devices had the capability to perform tasks I would want to do on a device better. That and because Android is open source, you can modify the phones to your hearts desire.

So your phone's official firmware is so shit that you have to use some Pajeet's Cyanogenmod/AOSP/Evervolv fork? Why would multi-billion dollar international super conglomerate Samsung not fully support a 2 year old device? Why would Apple still fully support a phone released in 2012 whereas Sammy can't support a 2014 device?

Really makes you chink. Buy American. Buy Apple. There's a reason Apple phones are used 2:1 over Androids in civilized countries like Japan and the U.S.

Quality + support speak volumes.

You're forgetting that Android fucking sucks though, you have to take that into account.

> (You)
>the 820 and the A10 have the same number of cores
Missed my point entirely user

Core count is only good in multi-process situations. The performance of the core themselves is very important. This is a prominent when you compare an 810 to an 820. The 820 has half the cores but outperforms the 810

"hurr durr WTF MY IFONE SCREEN SMASHED INTO PIECES WHEN I THREW IT ON THE GROUND, WHAT A SHITTY BUILD QUALITY"

>top autism

iOS 7.1.2 was the last good iOS verison to be honest, especially if you jailbroke it. When iOS 8 came I updated and it kind of regretted it. It became more sluggish as more updates rolled in.
iPhone batteries life bad? That's one good things they have.
It's not that the firmware is shit. I could live with the stock firmware if I had too but I would rather flash a ROM that offers more features than manufactures such as apple and Samsung have. Getting to choose the firmware want is one of the things I love about android. Then again some android don't even let you flash custom ROMs so you got to do your research before picking a phone.

sometimes, i just want ios

in recent months, ive realized i only need some functionality, and apps are just extra, but mandatory apps. apple addresses mandatory apps perfectly.

Personal problem. Mine's fine.

That's fantastic for tinkerers and tech-folks who want to spend hours browsing forums riddled with Indians, Filipinos and Malaysians.

When I want to buy a new phone I don't have to do any research. Apple makes sure the software works just fine on any supported device. No need to flash shady ROMS from androiddevhost.in or whatever site you get 'em from.

Most people fall into the latter. Do you think some 16 year old girl or 56 year old businessman wants to go out of his way to do some weird shit that he'll perceive to be way over his head to get his phone working adequately when they can just buy Apple?

gr8 b8 r8 an 8/eight

Yeah, sometimes I think people lose touch of just how unaware the average person is of tech. Changing settings can be an adventure sometimes

I get that, my point is the A9 and now the A10 completely outperform the Qualcomm with less cores and hell up until this point with less ram.

Combine the NVME that Apple puts in their iDevices and it's as if the Android OEM market are years behind. Qualcomm is dragging ass and is so behind Apple's chip thats it's fucking laughable.

That's my issue with the current Android market, Qualcomm is holding everything back so something needs to happen so we can finally have a smooth experience with the Android OS. It's not the system, it's the shitty NVME and the lame ass Qualcomm.

Hoping something breaks and we get a new SoC maker come in and bring us up to speed, literally.

>implying Android is really this complicated

You are retarded.

OP here, I'm starting to get it more

>Android flagships lag out of the box
I understand that is a problem but my LG V10 never had had that issue. Maybe it just depends I the phone?

>iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones.
II would say they are way up there but maybe not the best. There are a lot of obsure Android phones that have terrible build quality so I can see how it would be easier for the average person to just go with Apple since they know it will be nice.

>iPhones continue to receive software updates
I get that but that's not always a positive. Like said, it lags it after a while.

>So of someone did it first no one else can?
I'm not saying it makes a difference who did it first, I'm just saying Apple fans will ignore Android features but rave over what's on the new iPhone. It would be like if I pretended 3D touch was dumb but the OnePlus put out a phone with it and I then said it was the best thing ever. It just doesn't make sense.

>The iPhone's appeal to me is iOS as a base
>I like jaibreaking my devices
I could be wrong but if you don't mind tampering with the OS would it be possible to put iOS on an Android phone? Get the best of both worlds.

>the synchronicity between Apple devices is breedy gud
Fair enough. Besides Microsoft, no one else is really doing that and even Microsoft isn't doing it as well.

>I don't want to meme on you, but it just works
That's honestly completely fair. If you have the money and don't want to deal with it then Apple is not a bad option.

>You're forgetting that Android fucking sucks
I know you're just trying to be edgy but there is some truth in that. If you just can't get around the feel of Android, I don't blame you. I love GNU/Linux but it's not for everyone.

You can just YouTube Best (insert phone name) Custom Rom and find some pretty good ROMs that way. Android works straight out of the box as well, but I get where your coming from when you say that this stuff might be over their head. Some of my normie friends that don't want to make the switch because they think that Android is too confusing in general.

Not an argument

My G4 used to lag, then I upgraded to Android M. Now its smooth as butter, familia. I do miss iMessage though.

I'm speaking in layman's terms. You're in an autist hotspot where people tinker with chinkphones. Installing a ROM is pretty simple to people like us. However we're not even 0.1% of the mobile user market. Flashing roms is a tech afficionado thing.

Yeah, and stock GUIs work just fine for typical tech derps.

iMessage is something I definitely miss as well after switching to android.

OLED color shifting is fucking disgusting.

>tech "derps"

I think you know exactly where you need to go back to.

Not true, I have a galaxy s7 edge, no lag it's even quicker when you take of the transition animations, I don't need to jail break it to do so. I've had zero issues with the performance even with TouchWiz. Also, TouchWiz is good I get the hate it has because of its past but there's nothing wrong with it now. Plus great camera, amazing battery life, FAST CHARGING, (being able to charge your phone quickly is a big fucking deal believe me, you won't know how you lived without it before) and the screen if fucking amazing 1440p > 720p 1080p

>TouchWiz is good

My s4 still doesn't lag all years later. I've used iphones in the past and they've all been trash.

Because iPhones just "werks" for the average user, then again Apple is also well known for supporting their products for more than 2 years with updates, something that most Android OEM can't fucking do right (fuck you Samsung), aside from Google Nexus,

My mom has one and it's fine

>le lagdroid meme

This and "poorfag" are the biggest shill giveaways

>never used an s7 egde
>worst launcher ever because everybody told me so!

*than.

I'll let you in on a secret, touchwiz is actually not even a problem

I use it and I think I saw it lag once in the last 4 months and it was during an update

>There are people who actually think like this

Not an argument

Thank you based TouchWiz

xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/

>Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone?

You don't have to use Android.

Should I get a Samsung Galaxy phone?

>mfw

It may not be a problem, but imagine how much more responsive and speedy every samsung phone ever made would be if it ran stock Android?

Maybe not 50% faster, but enough to make a tangible difference.

What if Samsung realized that they're pretty much the Apple of the Android world and refused to put 20+ bloatware apps from carriers on their phones?

Apple cares about the user experience, Samsung does not. All they want is to push their shitty bloatware apps like S Voice and Samsung Pay to earn a little extra over the hardware they make. And to make a little more with the carrier bloatware they should definitely realize is not necessary.

It absolutely is a problem.

>LED screen
It doesn't have an LED screen. It is an IPS LCD panel.

Only the s5. The new ones are crap.

THIS

I love iOS and the jailbreak community. Is there anything similar to that in the android community with rooting?

I have a free phone option that I was waiting to use on the new iPhone, but now I'm not sure.

You can basically do everything that jailbreaking does without rooting. If you mean like small little firmware tweaks then there's xposed.

Theyre just too fucking expensive, I can do all the shit I need to on an android for a much lower price. (though the samsung phones are bloody expensive too)

You mean for ROMs and root apps? Go check out xda forums.

Android rooting community is absolutely filled to the brim with kids and teens.

polish, consistency and a good brand image

specs barely matter anymore, it's a fucking phone, inherently gimped by its tiny size, shit input methods and dumbed down operating system, anyone who needs more already has it in a real computer or camera that's infinitely better in almost every respect, those who don't have it practically overkill already

also, why does it matter who had it first at all? does that mean it was good? does that mean it remains unequaled just because? who gives a fuck if manufacturers were using cheapo quad cores in 2012 or loading up devices with inordinate amounts of equally cheap memory so mouth breathers would jerk off in front of the shelf talkers?

Do a dfu restore and don't setup from a backup. The device will work well. Hell even my old ass iPhone 4s and iPad mini 1 run the latest iOS 9 version well.

iNormies don't care about "deprecated" technology such as:
>3.5mm jack
>Removable batteries
>Expandable storage
>RAM
Etc.

iNormies do care about things like:
>What will Chad/Stacy think of me if they see me with an Android device?
>Green vs. blue bubbles
Etc.

You don't need to jailbreak with android cause it isn't locked down to begin with

Finally. Some fucking truth.

why is Sup Forums so obsessed with projecting their insecure hipsterism on others?

android is huge in the normiesphere as well, because they don't give a fuck as long as it gets them on facebook

Why are so many iPhone users on this board literally retarded.

>"My iPhone is slow and laggy, iPhone's are trash"

No, you're just an idiot, free up a couple gigabytes of storage and then run "Battery Doctor" app to clean up your cache and delete excess storage, this fixes the problem on any iPhone running the appropriate system update.

>"My screen stopped working for no reason!"

Step 1: calm the fuck down
Step 2: buy an iPhone repair kit
Step 3: pop the screen off, disconnect it from the connectors, reconnect them, put the screen back on, and hard reset your phone.
This works for lines in the screen as well, its either too much pressure on the LED by the glass or the connectors are fucked.

>"My phone won't turn on"

Pop the screen off, disconnect the battery, and plug in a charger. If the phone doesn't power on, your screen is fucked or theres some shit going on with your logic board. If it does turn on, buy a battery for like $15 on amazon and replace it, takes 30 seconds

>"My phone won't get service no matter what, I've reset my network settings and hard reset, it won't work"

Replace the SIM card, they're like 10 bucks at your provider store. If that doesn't work, your SIM reader is fucked, send that puppy back if you've got a warranty

>"My touch ID won't work!"
Literally just wipe it down well, wipe the fuckin cheeto dust off of your fingers, and try again. If the print was from a long time a go, make a new one. The epidermis of your finger changes.

>"My iPhone completely bricked! Touch screen won't work, power button won't work, home button won't work, its bricked!"

First off don't go fuckin swimming with it, these things aren't water proof. Second off, yes, it it most likely water or sweat. Open up your phone and wipe the shit off from the inside.

I've saved over $400 just from fixing simple shit like this

Feel free to give any other advice to these amateurs or to correct me.

>Hipsterism
I am fully aware that most Android users are just as bad as ithing users, but this is Sup Forums, so I assume that any Android user here is using CM and thus isn't using Android just to not be an iFag.

I'm using an iPhone 5 and let me tell you it's a laggy mess. Even my screen is burned a bit for God knows. iPhones are good for two years till you have issues. I'm either going to get a iPhone 6 Plus or a Samsung G7 or any good android phone.

Really don't know where you got the lag in the samsung flagship, the exynos S7 performs extremely well.
The bloat is irrelevant to anyone that spends 5 minutes customizing the phone, it is not much to ask.

My mom has a 5c and it's absolutely garbage. You can only store like 5 pics.

When I look for a phone (or any tech), I check if:

>Does it look a away that I like?
>Is it able to do the things I want it to do well and easily?
>Is it big enough?
>Is the camera good and easy to use?
etc.

For a lot of people, the iPhone looks like an all-rounder. It's basically a jack of all trades, master of none.No idea how that can justify the cost to any rational mind, but it could be the status that comes with an iPhone I guess.

I, for example, use the Z5 Premium because I love the way it looks and unlike when I had an iPhone 6S Plus (took back SEVEN of them), I have had no defects.

>master of none

>has the fastest SoC
>has the fastest storage
>has the top of the line camera, or on par with Samsung
>has objectively the best build quality
>has the best software optimization
>is the main app platform

Interesting...

Nah, iPhone is master of exactly what Apple wants, and completely impossible when you want to do something they don't approve of.

Exclusive walled garden for the retards.
I for once support Apple in their endeavor to separate those people from real technology. They should if at all possible make the wall higher. They should create their own internet and wireless protocols.

Or the fact that every update lags the iPhone.

There's retards for every technological device desu... just because some of us prefer the simplicity of the iPhone doesn't mean we're not tech savvy and yes people like that do frustrate me and that's why screen and minor problem repair services companies are so successful.

m-muh bloo bubblezzzzzzz

It's mostly the OS. Android drives me crazy – the OS itself is getting passable these days, but still has serious issues, and so many of the apps of the apps on the Play store feel like they were cobbled together by high school students. Good apps exist there, but it's much more of a hunt. I wasn't fond of constantly being paranoid that non-big-name-apps were malware in some way wasn't pleasant either.

It doesn't help that good android phones are in perpetual shortage. The number of options is insane, but the number of good options has always been minimal and riddled with caveats, many of which don't make themselves evident until you've owned the damn thing past the return date.

It's not as if Apple stuff is without tradeoffs, but at least they're evident from the outset and are thus avoidable if deal-breaking.

>wipes out everything on your phone.

>Y-ya it's the fucking solution!

>Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone

Normies will look down upon you if you don't have an iphone. You'll look poor to them and won't "belong".

Of course if you had no plan to get an iPhone then it shouldn't bother you. But most people are normies and normies will buy shit just because its popular.

It's arguable that by buying a flagship Android device and being opinionated about it, you're trying to do the counterculture thing (e.g. you're a hipster).

The normie thing to do is to buy whatever low to mid range device currently being promoted at your local AT&T shop and not give two shits about the mobile platform wars.

>I do miss iMessage though.
Why?

>be apple user
>phone discharged
>I'll just sit down and listen to music while it's charging
>plug phone in
>get out my single airpod (lost the other one when I was at jamals place)
>it's discharged too
>get out my other apple earphones
>realize I can't charge while listening to music
>ehh, listening to music while charging is bad for phones.
>play my rap music at full volume from the phone speakers as people passing by keep glancing at me
>they must be jealous of my iphone 7

I have an iphone 6s plus because it was much cheaper than a Nexus 6.

I do regret not getting the Nexus though.

Performance, build quality/design, developer support and updates are the main reasons I'm considering switching to iOS from Android. Pixel is gonna have to be amazing to keep me.

youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I

why are you lying

You people can argue all you want but the real test is market share and I'm sure apple isn't winning over android

IIRC Apple is at about half still

>half still

They lost 7% market share from Q2 2015 to Q2 2016

>iOS doesn't lag
I used to have an iPod Touch and it lagged like hell within one year. Also one of my parents' iPhone is slow as shit.

Really? That's good to hear