/sqt/

Stupid Questions general

old -

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/DqRFf7,LQTmP6,fpCwrH/
amazon.com/Acer-XB280HK-bprz-28-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00O0Z5682/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473369300&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer XB280HK
freenode-feminism.github.io/cloak/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's with Sup Forums mobile? whenever i visit the mainpage i get annoying ".xyz says: you won this blabla" pop ups.. is this just some shit in the ads or is my phone infected?

on this note, which browser features some kind of adblock functionality?

I know this has been asked in one form or another before but what is the best programming book for beginners? It can be java, c, or python (though I would prefer one of the latter two). I am looking for something that covers universal concepts and best practices that are relevant to most, if not all programming languages. For instance, a book that talks about why it's important to comment your code, explains what if and else statements are and why you use them. I'm really interested in the global concepts of software programming in addition to the language rather than just the language itself. Thanks in advance.

Is it possible for a malware to hide itself from resource monitor?

I'm a mostly mobile browser, never get this. Sounds like you got some shit.

it only happens with chrome, with firefox there is nothing like that.

I use a Pi as a network adblocker at home, then VPN it on my phone so that it's same Ip as my home network, no ads. Works well enough.

Not really. Maybe disguise or something, but not fully hide.

just got a new 1070, i am getting some flickering on win10. idk if its the card or drivers/software?

happens sometimes like if i open start menu or a webpage.. whenever i open a new program sometimes. im on 144hz too, which I heard used to be a problem?

Did you completely uninstall your old drivers?

SG 2TB HDD 7200 RPM - 70€
WD blue 2TB HDD 5400 RPM - 71€
WD blue 3TB HDD 5400 RPM - 92€
SG 2TB SSHD 7200 RPM - 101€

what to buy?

>build a PC they said
>it will be easy they said

am I going to make it bros?
The motherboard's manual looks intimidating (especially when it comes to power cables).

hgst

Toshiba 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM
£72.90

=D

SG 2TB HDD 7200 RPM - 70€
nothing else

what exactly is your problem?

This exact thing happens to me too. Safari on my iPhone.

My guess is it's a dodgy ad placed on the homepage. So anyone who visits is redirected to a whole bunch of crap.

I have also noticed another weird ad, on Sup Forums, on desktop. This weird little video player sometimes appears in the bottom right. It's happened to me on two or three separate occasions.

So yeah, Hiro is selling space to some dodgy ads. This wouldn't have happened on moot's watch (maybe).

>what is a adblocker

is your phone rooted? then install adaway apk. is not? install adblocker in your phones browser

Why is there a new thread? The bump limit wasn't reached on the last one... Whatever I'll spam my question here too.

I have some JS that needs to store a two strings, and an int for some number of entities. I was storing everything in one object with an array for each field. The example seen later stores it as an array of separate objects. Is one of these more correct than the other? What's the difference?

>What I did
var data = {
string1 : ["entry1a", "entry2a", ... "entryna"],
string2 : ["entry1b", "entry2b, ... "entrynb"],
int : [], // gets initialized to zero to match other arrays elsewhere
current : 0

>Example

var data = {
current = 0,
entity : [
{
string1: "entry1a",
string2: "entry2b",
int : 0
},
{
string1: "entryna",
string2: "entrynb",
int : 0
},

Question lads

Where can I get a Windows 10 key?

Although I managed to click "I don't have a key" and installation is continuing...

But will I need a key?

Go to edx.org and take Harvard's CS50 class

Thank you!

they don't sell those here

I see it for 78€, wasn't Toshiba a bad manufacturer? Aren't 3TB HDD slower and more failure prone than 2TB ones?

I was tempted by the 2TB SSHD, is it just a meme?

I like that you mentioned it but the software they provide doesn't work.

Microsoft Toolkit/any other activator

it's no real SDD and if you only want to use it as data dump you can safe the money

It's not just for random storage, I would install the OS on it, is it still not worth it?

I need help setting I2P on my windows machine and android. I'm not able to connect to any website on my computer, I believe that the problem is that I2P is saying that it's being firewalled. How do I get this to be OK exactly.

The problem when using it on my phone is I'm using to get through a proxy set on network. And I'm able to access any site through I2P, but not websites using https.

Help

I tried yesterday and Ill try again

my PS4 is not reading my discs except for bloodborne and dark souls 3 occasionally. I've tried the entire first page of google for a fix

after the disc goes in , it will try to read. then the drive makes a sound like its re-insterting it. then ps4 says disc not recognized. new, old , dirty , clean discs doesnt matter. I even tried a lens cleaning disc. didn't do shit

>Microsoft Toolkit/any other activator

Is that torrentable?

Also it's now booted up into Windows 10 and I haven't had to enter a product key yet

I got this ISO from the Windows Insider Program (which I signed up to 2 years ago, when Win 10 was in public beta). So maybe I won't have to enter a key? Or do you think I will?

I'm a College student, and my Laptop recently died. I need a new one, both for school and something that can game. I don't need anything amazing, but, I need something under $800. Thanks.

Help me out Sup Forums. I need a new computer. I have been using the same laptop for almost 10 years. I only have 100$ but here's the thing. If I need to which I probably wont I can save up but I used a friends computer and I found another for a little over 100$. It has AMD Turion x2 Dual-Core @ 2.10 GHz and 3gb of ram. Now I could either get it or a desktop, the only thing about that would be I would be using someone else's tv as a monitor for a while until I get my own. What should I do?

what are some good windows vps?

What's a good desk and chair to complement my computer?

The For loop is the first problem.

You have an array with 3 elements but you're attempting to iterate through 10 within your array. What happens when i = 3? The app will attempt to access invalid memory and crash.

Also, you're right, that while loop is not going to do anything.

yeah, after posting it I immediately saw whats wrong, its fixed now, but still... thank you for taking the time to answer

Where in the everliving fuck does Windows 10 save Windows store apps? I'm trying to download the Halo 5 forge but it keeps getting stuck on download, so I want to delete it all and start it over, but I can't find the install folder and Google isn't being any help right now.

pls respond ;_;

This keeps happening with SD card. Can't format it or view it or anything. Is it dead?

pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/DqRFf7,LQTmP6,fpCwrH/

you're overcomplicating things.
if you buy anything made in the last 3 years anything that is labeled "ATX" will be compatible with everything else also labelled ATX.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D9C408477736C0CB282AD66ECAA1A6894ACA9F64

latest gen i5 or i7 cpu and 1050 gpu

something pic related from ikea and go to a store (any) and test their chairs

dont fucking bump you shitlord

save up more money and stop being a cheap faggot, you wont be able to get anything decent with that little money.

steal some bikes like a nigger or suck dick

Does anyone have a recommendation for a media center PC case that can house a full ATX mobo and GPU?

>regular ATX
literally anything

>dont fucking bump you shitlord
first of all it's hilarious that you are ironically or non-ironically calling me a shitlord, but this is a /sqt/ so why you are so unbelievably asshurt is beyond me.

>stop being a cheap faggot
That's not being cheap, it's called only buying what you need, retard.

>won't be able to get anything decent with that money

apparently that's not the case

>steal some bikes like a nigger or suck dick

I don't know why you're telling me to suck dick when you're the one that comes off as a faggot.

Do Toshiba make good HDDs?

They offer the cheapest 2TB/7200RPM drive on eBuyer, so might just pick one up.

What's a decent music player for Windows? I've been using foobar for awhile but would like to try something else.

ATX is a big motherboard, not every case will fit it.

If I plug a device into my TV over HDMI, and then connect the TV to my DAC over SPDIF optical, does the TV alter or corrupt the signal in any way? I like using the TV as a hub for my various media and game consoles since it has more inputs than my DAC does but not sure if I'm harming the quality in the process.

tell us what your needs are exactly instead of being an autistic shitlord

ATX mobo fit in ATX case you derp

>mini atx is smaller than micro atx

Who the hell is in charge of making these standards?

>mini atx
use your eyes and read, it's ITX.

To put it another way, will the TV pass a signal through its own DAC before sending it out through a digital output port?

So what the hell is regular itx

Which one is better windows 10 or 7

I don't know what my "needs" are, all I know is I can't play ps2 emulators on the pc I have now.

you try musicbee user? I much prefer foobar but it's a nice alternative.

I've heard a good bit of bad things about them, but I haven't had a problem with mine. I'd go with Samsung or HGST. Don't get a Seagate HDD, though, even if they pay you to take it.

Regarding this, what are options for virus/malware detection on mobile? Kaspersky and malwarebytes I guess?

to be fair PS2 emulation is a clusterfuck anyway

Your question is just
>should I get that laptop
>should I get a desktop but will have to use someone else's tv until you get your own monitor

It's hard to even answer since we don't know if that desktop you're planning to get is significantly better than the laptop or not. We also don't know how much time it'll take for you to get your own monitor. We also don't know what purpose other than a ps2 emulator you have for getting a computer.

I don't know why you asked this on here, Sup Forums or /r/ would've worked just as well.

Yeah, I gave it a try along with deadbeef; Foobar has been the best so far

Well I picked one up 'cause it seemed like a good deal. Funny you mention Seagate - I've been using one for that past 4 and a bit years now without issues, so I have good hopes for this drive. Guess its just luck of the draw really.

What is the difference between Windows 10 Enterprise and Education? Which is better?

maybe twice to three times a week my system crashes
this has only been happening for about the last month and a half and I have no idea why

how do I read these crash dumps in a meaningful way so I can get to the bottom of this?

I'm looking to buy a new monitor. I've been crippled by indecision on what to do.

Should I go 144hz, 1440p or both? Will 144hz really improve my gaming experience? Is 1440p worth it?

Thank for any input anons.

There is no larger ITX, it was just renamed to reduce confusion.

I can't stream at higher than 360p on youtube, is it because my account is new and I'm not a partner or am I fucking up the broadcast settings?

What is a good way to change chrome theme color?
I dont like the new gray.

It doesnt exist.

do you care about privacy and microsoft/nsa spying on you?

1 second on google finds first answer. second answer can be deducted from the first.

Both.
Yes.
If your PC can handle it, yes.

Yes and yes

You're fucking something up

How do I hide ip / get cloak on irc (freenode)

Thanks anons. I think I'm gonna do both because it just makes the decision easier if I'm not settling for something.

I need a GPU to go with the new monitor, should I get a 1070 or 1080?

Both.
144Hz is not needed but nice to have.

You are going to need a good GPU.

if you wanna go all out this is the largest 4k 144hz monitor I've seen
amazon.com/Acer-XB280HK-bprz-28-inch-Widescreen/dp/B00O0Z5682/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1473369300&sr=1-1&keywords=Acer XB280HK

All shit I see about education is "designed for use in education" Well, how!? How is is designed to be used in that, what is the freaking difference?

go to #freenode and ask for a cloak

To make use of the high refresh rate a 1070 will work if you turn down settings, a 1080 will do better but can still struggle to go much above 60 FPS on ultra in some games.

PCSX2 depends almost entirely on single-threaded CPU performance, by default it uses two threads, but activating MTVU bumps it up to three. An overclocked 6600K is probably the best CPU you can get for squeezing out everything it's worth.
The GPU is dedicated to drawing the window frame, which is hardly process intensive, any inexpensive recent GPU will let you run at several times native resolution.
Nothing else has a tangible impact, 95% of emulation is CPU-bound with emphasis on clock speed, regardless of system.

can you use NFC through a smartwatch with a phone that doesn't have NFC?

that feel when you find and answer on feminism github
freenode-feminism.github.io/cloak/

Are you asking if a smartwatch can communicate with NFC to a phone that doesn't have NFC?

That's like asking if I could connect my phone through bluetooth with my desktop that doesn't.

What determines how fast an antivirus will scan your machine? I know the application and hard drive are obviously the biggest factors but how much are CPU and ram involved if at all?

Computer graphics in C: anybody here know of good books/tutorials that relate to this topic? Just finished K&R and found some decent books on image processing in C through bookzz and gen lib rus and was wondering if anyone could opine on the subject.

The 4k model is not 144hz

There is a Dell OLED 4k 120hz monitor that requires USB-C and costs $5000

So i got a new motherboard and i found that the usb 3.0 is a male on the motherboard and my cases usb 3.0 header is also male.

Do i need a female to female adapter now? Do they even sell these in 3.0?

Chances are it's designed in a way that would help the IT lock down and remote-manage the system for use on school computers.

What? Take a picture

dang, you're right it seems

My hp laptop AMD 4core

keeps blue screening and getting the memory error code 9891BQ-7JT87U-MFPV6K-004H03

I guess my memory is fucked so i'll need to replace it but what does this code even mean?

I mean, I can't download android pay since my phone doesn't have NFC. If I get a watch with NFC, would that change?

Run MEMTEST.

How boned am I?

Change ISP.

It depends on the speed of the HDD or is limited to the speed of an SSD. Fragmentation also is a big factor. Antivirus works by reading from the disk, calculating through the CPU, and repeating, so it's obviously a major factor. It's really a mix of the two, and it also somewhat depends on what algorithms they decide to use. RAM is a factor, but not a major one.

So you mean connecting phone --bluetooth--> smartwatch --NFC--> some other device?

Yes, it's possible to do that. I don't know if your smartwatch supports .apk or not, though.

Speed of your HDD and your CPU.

Very curious user

pic please.

Not boned

use a vpn for a few bucks a month.

Is backing up your system onto a separate hard drive a form of fault tolerance ?

Using Cable One as my ISP right now. Cap sucks, and they forced me to upgrade to a higher tier for 3 months. Frontier is the only other thing around me, which the highest speed available is 3 down. Even if i could get a business plan on Cable One, it'd be insanely expensive and my speeds would take a hit.

What options do I have?

Are you trying to force your serial bus to be a female? The motherboard sexually identifies as a male. Times are changing, shitlord, you need to be more open minded, and also really need to check your serial communications privilege.

Noted

Case is corsair air 540. Its front usb 3.0 slots connect to the motherboard via a male 19 pin usb 3.0 cable.

I used to have a gigabyte motherboard that accepted this via an onboard usb 3.0 female, but i upgraded my stuff to a asus z170 pro gaming mother which only has a male usb 3.0 connector.

The really odd thing is ive read other reviews from corsair air 540 users having a female usb 3.0 header rather than male like i have. I bought the case awhile ago and i dont know if thats how they ised to come or if i ignored some male to female adapter they provided since i didnt need at the time.