What's the best Linux distro for pic related? 1.6ghz, 2GB RAM, need a distro to install over Win 7 Starter...

What's the best Linux distro for pic related? 1.6ghz, 2GB RAM, need a distro to install over Win 7 Starter. I need it for nothing more than using LibreOffice (or similar) and regular net browsing.

Lubuntu or Xubybtu, for sure.

Any distro you want really. You might want to avoid gnome 3, kde or unity with that amount of ram though.

Debian Stable with XFCE.

Lubuntu

Xubuntu
Debian XFCE if you care about freedom

KDE Neon

Puppy Linux

debian + openbox

Just fuck off you worthless fucking tripfag piece of shit, kill yourself

Oh com on you fckrs. Openbox?? Or some other complete noob unfriendly distro??? Xubuntu is the only valid answer. Mint if he upgrades to 4 gb's ( around 18eur on ali)

Just installed Lubuntu on a very similar system. Pretty happy with it. Never gonna be a speed demon but works solidly.

Gentoo

With that in mind, what would you recommend for a desktop environment?

Ubuntu MATE

LXDE is the only correct option for that system

This

Just use arch.
Nothing is as light weight as something you build yourself

ÀAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

that is all, just had to get that off my chest

Trust me I am one of those guys who has used about 100 distros in my hard disk.
From popular arch to plan 9 to Inferno. I found Gentoo to be the best. The best thing is tweaking your kernel. Changing configurations and observing in how many ways you can fuck up and later finding the solution for them. I learned from lsmod,lnsmod to rmmod just because I was intstalling and playing around Gentoo.
Gentoo is true gentleman

Calm down

But most people have lives, even on gee few are true gentlemen

Trips don't lie.

I still use a similar netbook with Xubuntu, but 16.04 is bug ridden. Either wait one month for 16.10 or install debian.

xfce and lxde are probably going to run fine
there are other options as well of course

#!++

How is 16.04 bug ridden? 16.04.1 is pretty good in my opinion. Software app is a little weird, but besides that I don't think it's that bad. They've had quite a few months to iron things out, it'd be a bit unacceptable if the *LTS* version was still buggy and unstable.

For these devices it's better to have distcc anyway

I have lubuntu with i3 on my thinkpad x100e. Similar specs but probs worse. Threw an ssd in there and it's fantastic for what it is. I just use it for taking notes and coding in vim

Hey nice trip
Thanks for using it so i can filter you

I wonder where StumpWM would fall on this.

Slackware, or any derivatives like Salix. Just don't use a bloated desktop environment like KDE with it. I wouldn't even use a DE. Just go with a window manager.

Lubuntu and Xubuntu are very much bloated. These days, anything that requires a minimum of 2 cores is considered "lightweight."

Puppy is a suitable choice as far as hardware requirements go, but it's not very streamlined.

Xfce is bloated though. Way too much integrated software and eye candy anymore. It's really only a step down from KDE or Gnome.