Hey Sup Forums I have a professor who made reason to not allow us to use laptops...

Hey Sup Forums I have a professor who made reason to not allow us to use laptops, however he stated that he knows of no such machine that has no programs aside from a texteditor. What distro would you recommend if I were to only have a document viewer and a texteditor with no other functions or programs?

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Document-View.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get an AlphaSmart Dana. Or a hemingwrite and be a giant faggot.

You transfer shit to a pc using a usb cable, at least you did with the 3000 i used in middle school. The dana runs full PalmOS though.

Its called paper and pencil

maybe u should switch from humanities to stem just a thought

Yes but I have a free copy of the textbook that I don't want to fucking print and he requires us to bring it. Plus I want to be a smart ass as he would get a kick out of it as it's an anthropology course and I am le meme guy and he is a Luddite and I want to make le tricky point

>machine that has no programs aside from a texteditor
a mac

>waah waah they should take into consideration people who get the textbook illegally
no

How about this:
PPC512 + minimal bootdisk + wordstar = massive increase of hipster points

Alpha smart. Had one in school because I had a motor skill deficiency and can't handwrite

shut the fuck up russian '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''bitch''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Can't you just use a cheap android tablet with a bluetooth keyboard and remove/freeze every app except those for writing/reading?

As long as your teacher is unable to access any other program, he should be satisfied with it. Rebrand the rom as "hemingpad" or some other faggy name like that, block access to the settings, remove gapps, and lend it to him for a few days as a challenge.

Who knows, maybe he approves of it and you end up selling those to other students.

offline chromebook

But I am Ukrainian

i havent tested it out before but tgere is a hannah montana linux distro and i doubt it has any programs. otherwise install templeos

if only we had some kind of way to by books. but not physical ones. digital books. with some kind of reader. probably also make it available on phones. with a program you can download to read them on your pc. omaybe even dedicate a part of the play store for it. that way people dont have to wait for shipping etc and dont have to waste paper. this could be a really successful business Sup Forums. whos in with me were gonna get rich as fuck.

same thing

build a lfs system, doesn't take more than two days if you already did it, build emacs from source (make sure to run the configure script with the "--without-x" option) and you're done

for the document viewing part read this: gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Document-View.html

>I want to be a smartass, but I'm not smart enough to do it. Help me out?

xD

the joker strikes again

Alphasmart Dana can do more than text - it's a proper Palm OS device. The 3000 or Neo would do the job.

Hmm, no