Have Apple gone too far this time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfkbxzilVC4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>COURAGE
>GOTTA LOVE DOLAN DUCK
yeah, no.

This is what no headphone jack gets you

Nah. iCucks will buy it. Apple knows who butters their bread.

+tax
+tip
+cancer

it's The Future, though

Its the next big thing

>$159.00

Nope, it's a steal.

This board is so fucking shit. Filled with autist Drumpfkins flooding in from Sup Forums. Nobody gives a shit about your outdated tech, how long has headphone jacks existed? It's not the fucking 19th century anymore, it's time to move on. Yeah, you didn't think touchscreen phones would work either. And for a while, they didn't. Until they did. Because apple pushed that technology forward.

This is the future they're making. Get on board or get left behind you pathetic permavirgins.

tasty bait there

$159 for wireless earbuds is a pretty good deal. You can argue if you need them or not but the price point is correct.

I will want to see them in person before I bought but I will likely end up getting them.

>pretty good deal
Depends on the quality of their sound. Knowing apple, they're terrible.

How is it a good deal you dumbass? You can get decent bluetooth earbuds for much cheaper than that, that don't look half as retarded as these toothbrush looking motherfuckers do

I never liked Jobs but, god damn, he definitely was the filter that cut out the crap. For this he gets my begrudging respect.

Guess what, coltan is expensive this days.

>outdated tech
Stfu, do you actually think wireless is better than cable???

Why use flash in 2016?

There are other 200+ wireless headphones.

>be me
>go to apple store
>get violently but raped by idragon dildo
>squeal in pain
>store assistant kindly informs me ilube is sold separately
>mfw apple only let me lube up my cock with it
>workingasintended.mp3

Can't wait for the idragon dildo s next year

I got three pairs of Bluetooth chinkshit for $5 each and they have great sound

Are you telling me you never use Wifi?

Or transfer files over a network?

Or make calls using anything that isn't a land line?

It's the same thing as when apple removed the CD drive from there computers. Everyone complained at first, but eventually people realized how obsolete cd's actually were.

And they aren't requiring you to use the EarPods, they are still shipping with wired headphones that go into the lightning port. And so far people are saying the quality is vastly superior to regular headphones.

Well they sold a goddamn pencil for $99, and a keyboard for $169, so no doubt tons of retards will buy this crap.

The $200 stylus was already pushing it too far

>It's the same thing as when apple removed the CD drive from there computers

No, it's not the same thing. Stop regurgitating what other's have said and use your brain.

So you can either listen to music OR charge your phone. The cable has fuck all to do with sound quality, sound quality comes from the quality of the speakers.

>so far people are saying the sound quality is better

There's a video on YouTube of someone walking down the street with a current hen iPhone claiming it was the new model, people where saying how much lighter, thinner and faster than their current one, even after comparing the two side by side.

Moral of the story the average iPhone user has an iq of about 4, they will believe anything positive you tell them about apple without question

Samsung's are $199
ONE HUNDRED NINETY NINE

and they look like total shit made out of shitty plastic and look at the fucking seams and die casing marks.

>current hen iPhone claiming it was the new model

I think it was worse than that user, it was a 1st gen iPhone, which makes it even worse.

It may have been, watched it some time ago so details are a little sketchy

>$200 in ear headphones

at least they wont fall out as easy, plus you won't look like a closet homosexual. Samshit is also a disgusting brand though. Highly overrated.

>Galaxy A9 to USA when?

youtube.com/watch?v=sfkbxzilVC4

It all depends on what they sounds like and their build quality. I want to read some reviews about them before I would buy them.

>shit sound and bad ergonomic just like Earpod
>$120 more

>b-but CURRENT YEAR

Yeah nearly every piece of audio equipment on the world have a 3.5mm jack or plug but somehow it needs to be replaced with shit that gets 5 hours of usage out of a single charge.

>19th century equals 19XXs

Back to school.

Dude.

A cable is WAY better.

A cable means the adda convertor and amp are in the phone itself which means there is more space to get quality parts.

For wireless headphones, to get your digital signal to actual audio it needs to be send with bluetooth to a reciever. The reciever then needs to convert the digital signal to an analog one. Then the signal needs to be amplified untill it can hit the speakers.

+ you need a battery to power it all

And since you can't cheat physics means that this will lead to:
- battery life will be shit
- you pay for parts already in your phone
- the audio will have a lot of artifacts from the shitty conversion (jitter etc)
- signal to noise ratio will be shit
- frequency and transient response will be shit
- etc.

There's reason good amps and convertors are build in big boxes and are properly cooled.

How much does Apple pay you for each post again? Last time I checked there social media program it was $0.03.

A man's gotta eat it seems

this, thank you.

This.

Wireless headphone sound quality is basically shit because the technology simply cannot work the same as the plug.

>introducing the new airpod power bank only $99 + tax!

Shit that's cheap for an apple product would pay $200 for that easy

CURRENT YEAR

>Not making it dildo shaped so it can be inserted into your anus easier

Do you even Apple?

COME ON

DONT THINK ABOUT WHY JUST GIVE APPLE YOUR MONEY

I'd actually be willing to pay for these if I ever used my phone for music. The features like turning off the music when you take them out, tapping into Siri without taking out your phone and connecting them without it being tedious as fuck like regular Bluetooth devices are all great and practical features.

>No, it's not the same thing.

Except it is.

Right now it is inconvenient because the headphones market hasn't 100% shifted to accommodate the new lightning ports or wireless. However in a few years, we will start seeing headphones with higher quality audio than what was possible with a standard headphones jack, and we will wonder why we waited to long to make the change.

Just like when you compare getting something off of a cd to downloading it off of the internet.

I'll be enjoying these soon, using Siri in my ear to iMessage the chick I'll bang later while I currently bang another chick. Feels fucking good to be in the Apple ecosystem and not in the Xxd4rkl0rdxX/PajeetROM lagging botnet shitfest.

CONSUUUUUUMMME MEEEE!!

>Except it is.

It is not in the slightest. You rely on simplistic reasoning to arrive at that conclusion. You see something old (CD & 3.5mm jack) and conclude that is has outlived its usefulness. In the case of CD-ROM, you would be correct because there was something better to replace it. That is not so with wireless headphones. You even allude to this in your explanation:

>However in a few years, we will start seeing headphones with higher quality audio than what was possible with a standard headphones jack

In a few years? You can get wireless audio now; it still isn't any "better" or more convenient (wireless standard, battery life, charging etc.) than the 3.5mm jack, which is ubiquitous. There was no need to get rid of it. You could have had both.

Keep swallowing the Apple-cum.

Until you find out it looks like you're wearing earrings.

See

Cable is better than wifi, yeah so what?
If you are listening to music on a phone you already dont care about quality.

>Drumpfkins
Lmao

How's it feel to instantly discredit anything you said with this bullshit?

>In a few years? You can get wireless audio now; it still isn't any "better" or more convenient (wireless standard, battery life, charging etc.)

Lighting based headphones are able to draw more power for the phones, allowing for more powerful Hi-fi headphones/earpods without needing a separate charge in the device.

>Wireless isn't better
Not yet, the market hasn't been large enough for them to push the technology yet, but it will be now that every other phone manufacturer will more than likely follow in Apples footsteps

>Or more convenient
For some people it is, especially people who work out with headphones on.

>You could have had both.
I'll take a larger battery over ancient tech

Battery life

>If they pay a penny or two pence more for the readiness of them...let them look to that, a fool and his money is soon parted.

Ya know, people give the Jews a lot of stick, but really, they just take advantage of the criminally stupid out there. Case in point.

For $160 you can get some pretty decent wired headphones.

I have to hand it to Apple, though. I really thought that they were going to sell some wireless Beats headphones for $150. But it turned out that $150 is for their shitty low end earphones that probably sound no better than dollar store stuff.

great design

Whatever you say grandpa, keep holding on that "Good ol fashion technology". I'm sure your loyal phone companies won't cave into apples pressure...Right? Just like with physical keyboards?

Are newer earpods any better than their old pieces of shit?

I hope apple swindles these cucks out of billions.

I have never bought an apple product.

ever.

Do we know if they use bluetooth or something else?

uhhm, some of us prefer it in the pussy instead...

Touch screen keyboards didn't cost 160 dollars and are inherently more flexible than physical.

The 3.5 mm audio jack was invented in 1878, user is correct...

now I can shut people's music off with a Bluetooth jammer

I have a pair of wireless earbuds for $9.99. You're fucking stupid

And they're abject trash. Who would have thought?

You have the option to not buy it. Literally, Apple is trying to become the most monoployzied, proprietary product of their stuff, slowing making their own standards and overpricing the fuck out of what they made in their lab. Why get rid of a 3.5mm jack? For convenience of design? That's bullshit, now you can't borrow your friend's headphones or buy some cheap ones if your expensive ones broke and you need a substitute. Apple doesn't give you variety, just a brand that no one gives a shit about.

>Literally, Apple is trying to become the most monoployzied, proprietary product of their stuff, slowing making their own standards and overpricing the fuck out of what they made in their lab.
It’s true that the special pairing magic only works on Apple devices running the new OSes. But the AirPods can most certainly be used as regular old Bluetooth ear buds with an Android device or a Mac running a pre-Sierra OS or whatever. The pairing button is on the capsule, not the AirPods.

>button is on the capsule

>you literally have to keep all 3 things with you at all times to listen to music

And they have a band and aren't just 2 separate buds you put in your ears.

5 HOURS
H
O
U
R
S

M E M E
E
M
E

I T!
T
!

All this proprietary shit is making me think of another company who was on top then lost it all by trapping abusing consumers with overpriced proprietary hell.

Sony

Actual jewery

>wireless

have fun losing them

Lol iFags just lap it up

This is how Apple makes their money, off idiots

well, ishits are fashion accessories
no one seriously uses them

4.5 billions years in ms paint.

>proprietary product of their stuff
AirPods are Bluetooth you motherfuckign retard. it's an open standard.

>All this proprietary shit is making me think of another company who was on top then lost it all by trapping abusing consumers with overpriced proprietary hell.
It's not proprietary you autistic shithead. Go back to sucking RMSs dick.

How much sound leakage do those create?
Not interested in the things myself, my bluebuds have better isolation than the cheap shit samsung packages with their new phones, just curious if apple even bothered to make a quality product.

Somewhat random though, I should get the foam replacements for my jaybirds, the regular ones have begun to fall out of my ear rather easily, and while they can isolate well enough, think I want something even quieter.

>inb4 the S model has a headphone jack and everyone buys that too.

>$159.00
Are there any other headphones on the market right now that are completely wireless like the airpods or whatever they're called? I remember actually looking for some a while ago and not being able to find jack shit that wasn't expensive as hell.

I'm going to buy them for my Samsung S7 Edge

Uhhhhh, don't they use a lightning port...?

There's a few like the Samsung Iconx I guess, more expensive, lesser battery life, but I think they're in-ear so they might have better sound isolation if you care about that. Some others on amazon and such if you care to look, don't know what their quality is like.
Really it's not all that surprising, it's basically the old annoying bluetooth headsets that everyone made fun of but now two of them and slightly smaller.

They're wireless ya fucking idiot

lol

I guess I don't really get why people are making a big deal about the price then. Sure it's stupid and gimmicky, but it's the same price range as all the other stupid and gimmicky headphones.

Oh, I was kinda under the impression it had an adapter you plug into the lightning port or something.

I guess this was their design teams answer to "What if people want to charge their phone and listen to headphones at the same time?"

It's an old pic from years back, when Flash was still relevant. Android doesn't even like doing flash anymore. You CAN, but you have to manually install it now.

The adapter is for poors that still own wired headphones

or once your """""""5""""""" hours is up

Real talk, when have you actually found yourself with earbuds in for 5 hours straight without any access to a charger?

>Real talk
>>>/facebook/

Wired headphones have superior sound quality to wireless.

The funny thing is $20 wired headphones beat the $160 apple crap.

You are literally paying more for less.