If I'm running a distro BASED off of debian...

If I'm running a distro BASED off of debian, do I have the right to put a sticker that says "Powered by Debian" on my laptop?

pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

unixstickers.com/stickers/unix_os_related_sticker/gnu-linux-tux-logo-badge-sticker
unixstickers.com/stickers/unix_os_related_sticker/linux-tux-flat-logo-shaped-sticker
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I give you permission.

Thanks. But it's okay right?

As long as it isn't Ubuntu based it's fine

Yeah.

ok cool i hate debian anyways

So you're running kali linux but you find the debian sticker looks better?

i meant ubuntu

close i'm running parrot sec but i originally had debian and already bought the sticker so im like oops lol

Pentester or (professional) script kiddie? It wouldn't be hard to tell if you were using kali.

yeah script kiddy trying to learn. I just really like this OS.

Understand?

It's ok to use this: >unixstickers.com/stickers/unix_os_related_sticker/gnu-linux-tux-logo-badge-sticker

It's more future-proof ;)

Oh come on m8, go read some books about networking, C and assembly, OS principles, system administration, cryptography, clean coding and reverse engineering before you even start to think about going into infosec topics.

but I can still use my debian one until I get the gnu/linux one right?

That's what I'm doing. I'm just also getting this OS because it comes with good programming tools especially for C and those tools are a pain in the ass to install on Windows. I know- I'm really trying not to be a skid...

No problem ;) I put that on mine. This is nice too: unixstickers.com/stickers/unix_os_related_sticker/linux-tux-flat-logo-shaped-sticker

Jusr use a normal distro then

vim + tmux is all you need

ooh yeah i like that one also. The ones I just got were a couple debian stickers since i was using Jessie, tor sticker, gnu sticker, and some other stuff i dont remember...

I was but -eh... I know I'm gonna sound really gay for saying this but I like the looks/feel of parrot. It feels like... Home. Also, it comes with the MATE terminal with the settings already how I want them, same with Mate's visual appearence... I love it so much. I'm gonna get it and apt-get remove the '1337 haxxor' shit i dont need/use/want.

this, I'd suggest fedora for the start and then moving on to slackware when you got used to the terminal, you could also build up a lfs system for educational purposes, it's shit for all day usage though

okay ill do the lfs thing but then after that get rid of it and maybe do a fedora.

It would be extremely painful.

what would be painful

You'll build the lfs system on another distro, you'll first boot into it after you're pretty much finished with the lfs book, just partition your hard drive so you can use both

oh ok

fuck off you fucking noob
kys
seriously, you guys are the cancer of Sup Forums
"dae le hax xDDDDD plz can i join anonymoose im uber good haxor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!1 (i use the 1s becuze is so rAnDuM xDdDddddDDDDDDDDD (me bein random again wiht my capitalizatrion)) oh btw im using my moms pc but she said shed buy me a gaming pc if i went pro so plz help me hack my enemies in overwatch plz thanks all"

And do slackware first so you get used to building software from source.

Come on m8 we all have to start somewhere, although this probably isn't the best way.

N-n-n-n-no I don't think you understand. I'm not saying I want to join anonymous - eh its not worth it.

Hokay.

yeah that's what I don't get... In a lot of things people like to insult other people because they're new.... and thanks user.

serioysly?
i learned to hack on my own.
i useed my dos machine, originally writing my own device drivers to be more efficient and less likely to crash my pc
then at college i wrote network worms with the knowledge i gained from hacking the OS on my own time
we had no "le hackers xDDddDD join anonymoose on twatter become l33t h@x0rz guiz its tots hacking not just LOIC and getin v&" or forums tohang out on. we had to figure all this out on our own.
you people are a disgrace to hackers everywhere, you just go on some shitty kb articles and write shitty hacks that dont even work write based on that.
kys, i mean it.
fucking newfags, thinking they are "tru haxorz who make mummy proud!!1!!111!!" when all they ever did was copy-paste a batch script they found online.

What the fuck- i- I never said I am a hacker or think I am a hacker. All I said is that I'm learning..

Come fight me, faggot

I didn't mean this in a sense of "we all have to start somewhere to learn how to """hack"""" ", but rather that many people get interested in tech for different reasons, if he has no real interest in technology and functionality of computers on a low level at all he won't come far anyways, so instead of insulting him just give him a hinch were to start. Thats how you get rid of those "le anonymous" kids.

*hint , sorry not a native my written english isn't the best

oh cool

i meant oh cool to the english comment

except you're not.
you just think you are and delude yourself into thinking you are becoming "le l33t haxors xDDddDdDD"
seriously, fuck off to /r/howtohack you fucking skidfuck cuntlick piece of shit.
you people are the cancer of hacking communities.
if you cant teach yourself you cant call yourself a hacker, i dont care who the fuck you are. it's called getting gud, but also general laziness.
dont you have a street to go shit in, pajie?talk shit get hit you cumdumster slut

Fight me, fag

Also why are you even replying to me? I'm into reversing and forensics and not interested in pentesting at all.

calling me a fag just proves you are one.
fag.

Jesus fucking christ are you butthurt, I am teaching myself though, and i'm not thinking about becoming a '133t haxor'

Fight me, faggot

Whats your problem m8, I didn't call him a hacker at any time nor did I imply that he'll ever become one ( in the original as well as in the infosec related sense), just calm down.

kys

Fight me, fag

kys

Fight me, faggot

stahp