Phones will never look like this again

>phones will never look like this again

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/32637281030.html?aff_click_id=ba9164d34d884001acb4272f3404ad1a-1463616462474-05118-7Vfm6jIb&aff_platform=y
webassembly.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>phones will never be complete garbage again

That's fine desu senpai

No, luckily not.

or like this

>complete garbage
how's it feel being wrong?

BlacBerry Priv© masterrace reporting in

>that size

ew

>manlet hands

lmao

all i want in my life is for slip phones to become cool again

flip

>flat buttons
>memory so tiny it can't even store a few texts
>web browser can't even wikipedia
I really wish that was a usable phone
also,
>thinnest flip phone, but still thicker than all modern smartphones

enjoy your brick lanket

I fucking loved that phone

Or like this.
Except ironically.

bb passport silver edition is new

It has been proven over and over again that touchscreen keyboards are superior especially when typing large amounts of text. Physical keyboards on phones need to have each individual key pressed down to generate input. This over time causes thumb strain and can even lead to inflamed tendons.

While a touchscreen keyboard does have problems like not working after your fat ass spreads cheeto dust all over the fucking screen because you've never heard of a technology called the napkin, it is generally better.

So sorry phones don't come with physical keyboard, CD-ROM drive, and a printer all in one grandpa but the rest of us have adopted better technologies.

>phones will never be durable again
I want this shatter breaking black slabs trend to die already.

I miss my 8GiB version

Its a shame that BB dropped the ball pretty hard when iOS and Android came out.

>phones will never be so sturdy and reliable ever again

How about fucking accuracy or ability to text without looking at the screen. Muscle memory only goes so far with a piece of glass. More likely t o make typos on a touchscreen too.

>How about fucking accuracy or ability to text without looking at the screen. Muscle memory only goes so far with a piece of glass. More likely t o make typos on a touchscreen too.
All that applies to a touchscreen keyboard too dipshit.

pic related: test I took while in a fucking moving car while not looking at the keyboard. Yeah, you can literally touch type on a touchscreen keyboard, welcome to the future grandpa.

>he cared about his shitty phone
Nokia + a good PDA.

tfw I'm only 23

Stop the ride I want to get off

>he doesn't have a matrix phone
shiggidy diggidy

Napkins aren't a technology you fucking autistic piece of shit son of a whore don't talk about napkins again like that

>phones will never look like this.

top 5 of the best selling phones of all time:

Nokia 1100
Nokia 1110
Nokia 3210
Nokia 1200
Nokia 6600

I use this one. I don't have an use for a touchscreen smartphone and this guy's battery last for weeks.

Isn't the blackberry passport pretty good?

Get it, it's probably the last blackberry OS phone.

Damn that's a nice looking phone

Won't blackberry phones stop working pretty soon? I read that recently.

Always wanted one desu but the extra cost of BBM was disgusting

yes they are just like hammers are technology

I only read that blackberry would only make android phones at this point.

Yeah, the BBM shit is really crappy.

I just want hardware keys and a good camera for whatsapp/ skype with my girlfriend. I don't care about games.

REEEEEEE

I'm fine with that.

Yes they are you fucking turbo fagget. They are a cleaning technology for your mouth when you chow down on whatever you call "food". There are many different implementations of a "napkin" ranging from your standard shitty "explode into dust" grade school napkins all the way to fancy shit.

same 2bh
I had it for so long because I was reluctant to give up physical buttons for a touch screen
>dem dedicated media buttons

don't forget that VGA camera that can film in 640x480 @ 10fps and for only 5 min before your non-expandable storage ran out

>receiving only a few sms a days instead of 400 msg/minute in 10 different whatsapp groups

simpler times

Man the older I get, the more I want something like this or I was going to get the priv but the pricetag was too much for me.

How is it? I want a comfy physical keyboard back.

I just want a landscape keyboard phone with current tech.

Fucking this. Holy god fuck Android manufacturers of 2016.
>Make high end smartphones with pretty much the shittiest keyboards imaginable after the very first android set the bar with a GREAT keyboard
>nobody buys them
>well lol guess nobody wants physical keyboards

Considering how hard everybody is trying to get an inch above the competition, it's surprising to me that 2016 hasn't capitalized on these niche markets

>I want to look like a complete retard when typing on my phone

Wow those studies are very nice indeed!
Next thing you know they'll prove that voice recognition is bad because you can dislocate your jaw while speaking, and typing on screens is bad because you fingertip might become straight as a result of using such a straight surface.

gr8 b8 m8

I would love this. Especially if it was still a good touchscreen smartphone in portrait

>get stabbed
>try to call 911 but bleed on your high tech piece of glass
>unable to dial
>???
>profit

Totally down for a sweet nokia flip phone with 13mp or better camera. No android or ios or windows and it would be an instant buy.

>you don't already look like an ultratard smudging your screen with ham planet fingers and relying on predictive typing just to function

>niche markets
there you go. when normies will buy any generic glass slab there's no need to appeal to niche functionality.

wtf is that hole in the side for?

Excellent phones if you're a Pajeet or have nobody to text.

headphones / hands-free

Relevant Humor

>How about fucking accuracy or ability to text without looking at the screen.

Literally only useful for underage kids to fucking text under tables and cunt drivers to text shit while driving. Both are faggots. If you need to text without having to look at your phone you shouldn't be using a phone at that time.

also you could slide it other way to expose the media controls.. I have that phone, used it for ages but yeah touch screen is a major improvement still.
great camera and the battery lasted like 4 days.

Its some outdated retard shackle connection for audio I think.

no it's a normal 3.5mm plug for audio, with support for hands-free controls and mic

Why are you arguing? Some people have preferences. You can still get one of the many touchscreen only phones. It would be nice to have at least one landscape keyboard phone.

Loving the Priv. Always been an android fan but came from the BlackBerry Classic

Some people aren't comfortable with the thought that there are options out there.

Man, I would love to get one. Maybe when my G4 inevitably fails or something.

Although T-Mo apparently took them off their website so maybe they are done. bummer, I wanted one so bad when it came out. Tired of playing the "shaky technology" game with phones lately. I was looking to get it when the price came down.

I'll probably just get the Sony Z5 Compact or Z6Compact if it's out

heard this was getting released sometime later this year/early next year

>700 dollarydoos for what amounts to a small shitty notebook with a tiny screen

>alternatively: a clamshell smartphone with a lot of ports

I mean sure I want one but for like 1, maybe 2 hundred, not seven hundreds

>How is it?

Keyboard is too flat and not as good as the Classic. The phone is quite tall so it's annoying having to always switch between touchscreen and keyboard and when I tried it out I ended up just using the virtual keyboard instead. Also personally I dislike the edge display.

IMO the Classic is almost the ideal phone. The keyboard is great and thanks to the trackpad it can be used without touching the screen.

If this only had BB10 and a toolbelt...

Even if it ran Android it could still have the classic blackberry toolbelt. Android still supports call/hangup/directional buttons.

Eh, don't know if I'm feeling this one. Depends on the size, I guess.

>curved meme

Why?

I'm probably going to try one out in-store as well. I did that with the priv and it felt uncomfortable with the large screen and keyboard slid out. If this feels like a classic blackberry I'm getting one right away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What about one of these?
>Outer screen for compatibility reasons/looking like a normie
>flip for glorious t9 input and navigation buttons
It has a decentish cpu but the ram but be an issue knowing lagdroid. It's only like 120 cuckbucks though, so what can go wrong?
>aliexpress.com/item/32637281030.html?aff_click_id=ba9164d34d884001acb4272f3404ad1a-1463616462474-05118-7Vfm6jIb&aff_platform=y

>t9

Why would they magically stop working? And what extra cost of BBM?

I don't plan on ever switching back to Android, but if I do this is the phone I'm picking up.

t9 is great. I'd prefer QWERTY, but it's still better than a touchscreen.

Yea Blackberry had a practical monopoly in the market and 7 year head start and they managed to fuck it all up, really sad.

still have one of this laying in the drawer...

still using this since the release (2006), i only need a battery backup, because the batery last 2 days on average use. Dont regret.

Thats not quite the exact same model, but from the same family as the one in the Matrix...damn I miss old nokia

I'm in that few sms a day life
feels fucking great
i have group messages and shit lmao

any reviews of this anywhere? I'd love a cheap phone like this just to call and use spotify

I used to own one and I loved it more than the razr

If only they made a modern version of this with a touchscreen on the outside in addition to the one on the inside.

>tfw I still use the N95 as my backup phone.
It used to be a giant fucking phone but now it looks absolutely tiny in comparison to current phones.

the buttons were terrible to press though, they had no feedback

phew

Thanks fucking god. Now I can type faster than 20 WPM like since I don't have to spend 10 million years pressing down a key and making sure it registered.

>affiliate code in url
Fucking shills.

Thinking of buying a Nokia Phone. But the new ones are shiee. The old ones are cool. What Sup Forums??

Sure you can literally use a touchscreen, but that doesn't mean you literally want to

He wasn't saying that. Just that a touchscreen keyboard is better. Use a fucking real type writer to send phone messages if you want to, none gives a fuck.

Anyway it's true that a touchscreen keyboard causes less thumb strain which is why you rarely hear about people getting RSI from texting on a touchscreen phone. Finally you can touch type on them like you would on a physical keyboard so you don't really lose much except "muh nostalgia".

>that's just about my typing speed on a desktop

Being able to touch type isn't everything. When I type on a physical keyboard I know when I pressed a key and if it was the right key. No such thing on a touchscreen keyboard. It's personal preference, quit pretending everyone who hasn't moved to the latest fad is living in the past. It only makes you look like a retard.

>It's 2016!

I feel you mon brave.

>Being able to touch type isn't everything. When I type on a physical keyboard I know when I pressed a key and if it was the right key.
This applies to touchscreen keyboards, they vibrate when you touch them and you know it was the right key from muscle memory.

>It's personal preference, quit pretending everyone who hasn't moved to the latest fad is living in the past. It only makes you look like a retard.
That's what I fucking said, use whatever inferior technology that you want to, none cares. However objectively touchscreen keyboards are better for phones.

That's all I'm fucking saying, they're better. You don't have to use them you old fart, nobody is holding a gun to your head.

For some reason this phone gave me the fastest typing speeds ever. The keys were so comfy that it felt good typing in it.

what's the best phone for coding?

Dude just kill yourself already.

webassembly.github.io/

I fear the day my shitty pantech jest2 dies.
I love physical keyboards and Verizon either has glass slabs or flip-phones.
Nothing in-between.

My old Nokia Twist was good too, until it twisted itself apart.