Yesterday my iPhone was 50m away from me inside my car. And my iPad was with me in my room...

Yesterday my iPhone was 50m away from me inside my car. And my iPad was with me in my room. When my iPhone received a call, my iPad started ringing and I was able to accept the call and talk through my iPad. How?

You were signed in to the same Apple account on both. You can do the same with iMessage.

I don't know.
Botnet?

I mean from a technical perspective

Know what VoIP is nerd? Its enabled with your apple id

Innovation

Do you want an entire lecture on beginner networking? Take a class lol. Both of your devices are a part of aplels botnet.

Need to ask you some questions before your question can be answered.

I assume your iPhone has a SIM card in it provided by your carrier. Do you have a SIM card in your iPad (i.e. is it one of those 3G models or is it wifi only)?

Oh,so in the same way you receive green text from other Apple users, do you also receive green voice from other Apple users? So it doesn't work if they don't have an iPhone?

I'm pretty sure this won't help you answer the question because you can receive green text via wifi.

Fuck ur shitty apple gear. Lel apple watch fucking apple FAGGOTS

All right I looked it up. It only works if your iPhone and iPad are on the same network.

What happens is this: your iPhone receives a call, it broadcasts on your network that a call is coming in. iPad picks up this signal over your wifi. You answer on iPad which sends a signal back to the phone. The iPhone answers the call. Your voice is transmitted by the iPad to the iPhone and the iPhone transfers it to your cell phone company. Similarly, the inbound audio received by your phone is transmitted to the iPad.

>leave nigger phone in car
Y is it because u hate using ur device?

We're they both in reach of wifi and on the same network ?

I'm pretty sure the actual voice call (audio) goes over wifi - using ipv6 link local (fe80:: addresses). The setup, notification, coordination is all done through icloud.

Wow that sounds neat. I wish android could come up with something that nifty

Been doing this shit with Google voice and hangouts dialer for years.

botnet

but who was phone?

>I dunno about networking 'cuz I'm a normie who don't know a thing about computers
Typical iFaggot

Victim of bullying spotted

Faggot iSheep always keep falling for new iPhone spotted.

why you mad though

m8 kde connect means I can answer my texts with my pc I think they're planning on adding call support later