Headphone Amps

Can someone point me in the right direction for headphone amps? Something in the price range of upwards to $200. I'm fine with doing my own research, but a few models/brands to start looking at to get an idea would be helpful.

$200 ?????????

Are good amps not worth that much?

Do you want a DAC or just an amp?

I'm planning on getting a soundcard too, so just the amp I guess?

O2 + ODAC. Or just O2

How the fuck is a couple transistors in a metal case more than 100 dollaroonies?

Quality nigger

But all digital amps are practically the same thing

>I'm gonna amplify the your bits soo much
What the fuck is a "digital amp"?

The chain is digital signal -> DAC -> analog -> AMP -> Headphone/Speakers, isn't it?

Audioquest Dragonfly

here's a dumb question

should I max out the volume on my phone or leave that volume low and raise the volume on the amp?

leave the phone volume at about 60-70% and use the amp for all your loudness needs.

amplified input distortion sounds terrible.

Hey OP. I own that DAC/Amp you have in your pic. I've had it for over a year now and I can say that it has been pretty awesome to have. Not only can I use it with my PS4, I can connect it to my phone and listen to music while I game. The mic on it is pretty good, although you have to hold be within about 2 feet from it to use it. You can plug in a myriad of devices to it and it chugs along nicely. The only gripe I have is that for extended sessions, I have to keep it plugged in. It also takes a little bit of time to learn how you can use it effectively. I got mine on Amazon. I was originally going to buy it for the retail price and I left it in my cart for months thinking "I'll buy it when I can afford it", when suddenly I got an email saying the price on it dropped to a hundred and I bought it immediately. Fluke? Accident on the sellers part? Flash sale? I don't know. What I do know is that I got lucky cause the price went back up to retail up immediately after I bought it. I've used it with my old MDRv700DJ's and some sennheiser headsets with no problems in fidelity at all. I do notice a very slight drop in sound quality when connected via Bluetooth, but this thing can be connected to your phone and pc with USB and the sound is pretty good that way. Any other questions about it I can answer.

what headphone do you use?

why would anyone want to amp headphones?

Aren't they usually loud enough?

I second this. Will the amp make my headphone sound more "clear"? Or an amp is just audiophile pacebo shit.

it will make you deaf faster

OP probably have something like 200+ impendance headphones, this user post nice cheap decamp portable that could drive 600 impendance headphone.

I was thinking of getting an amp the other day but thanks to your post, I won't be getting one. Fuck that. I play music with low volumn to begin with.

High impedance headphones or shitty power levels on their device.

Power = voltage^2 / resistance

Headphone jacks are a voltage source so it doesn't change much with impedance. So a 500 ohm headphone draws 31 times less power than a 16 ohm headphone. If dB/mW is the same, you're left with much less volume from the same jack.

I don't know why people spend 200 on them. mW amplifiers are cheap as fuck and come on single chips for a few burgers at most.

>headphone amps

>not using a DSP with a simple power amp

have sennheiser hd650 and o2 amp, would recommend!

>Or an amp is just audiophile pacebo shit.
The definition of an "amp" is to amplify nothing more nothing less. Paying more than 200 dollars for an amp is completely fuckin retarded.

I can somehow understand it when it's a dac, but my behringer mini mixer with an integrated dac delivers absolutely crystal clear sound, and that cost 40 bucks.

>500 ohm headphone
Are you retarded?

Anyone have this ? I want this.

Just get a schiit stack or an 02

also look at the difference between DACs and Amps, not sure if you know based on your original post