Does Sup Forums care about SystemD?

Does Sup Forums care about SystemD?

Other urls found in this thread:

fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/change-systemds-binary-logging-to-text-logging-in-sabayon-linux/
vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658
lwn.net/Articles/676799/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

3-4 autistic contrarians are really vocal about it.

No one else cares

I don't care about it if it works. But if it doesn't, not even the devil can help you solve the problems.

this thread again.
When will you stop doing them Lennart ? We already know that systemD exists and there's enough talks about it, no need to make threads on Sup Forums

It's just what separates the wannabe hacker faggot arch users from the glorious superior Gentoo master race.

It's bad.

like a wannabe haxor faggot rebel with no cause basement dweller neckbeard fat gentoo NEETs?

Thanks, I'll stick to systemd and modern software like a normal person.

>Disagreeing with Sup Forums

>I am Sup Forums

I'm slightly concerned that it might be some kind of botnet, or at the very least, can be penetrated for botnet purposes.

Yes. But I still use it.

lel

Posting from FreeBSD. I love systemd because it made me finally decide to leave linux forever.

>might be some kind of botnet
Pure tinfoil, source is open
>can be penetrated for botnet purposes.
Sho me one exception

And nothing of value was lost.

> durr hurr I want bloated jewware that saves log files as binaries hurrrrrr

>bloated
Compiled systemd has only 69 binaries
>binary log
fitzcarraldoblog.wordpress.com/2014/09/20/change-systemds-binary-logging-to-text-logging-in-sabayon-linux/

Get BTFO, NEET

>And nothing of value was lost.
I know, linux is worthless.

Best thing is I'm a reverse engineer so people in the /tpg/ thread will be very pleased since I'm going to make sure all the classic thinkpads will be perfectly supported in FreeBSD.

Enjoy your bloated jew backdoor

vez.mrsk.me/freebsd-defaults.txt

Retard

Hundred bucks say it's a fucking samefag

> only 69 binaries
All I want is a fucking init system, not a software suit with loads of other functionalities.

>Software suit
Good to know it's getting rid of pet project bloats

>Linux is worthless
>I gotta reverse engineer drivers to get BSD to actually work

0/10 typical low IQ BSDbabby

>BSDbabby
Nice forced meme red hat, tip your fedora on the way out

Struck a nerve, didn't I?

Dumb BSDbabby. Was Linux too hard for ya?

The only winning move is to not play.

Do you really believe that someone on Sup Forums actually knows what systemd is and the problematics behind it?
Asking this here it's like asking about the Dalvik vm on macrumors.com or whatever it's called.

Lennart Poettering is on Sup Forums and cares deeply about SystemD, that's for sure.

I could actually believe Lennart is the one creating all these threads here.

He already makes systemd threads on slackware boards.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.
There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

ITT: people who never developed any free software of any significance.

Literally nothing with systemd.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how do you use wpa_supplicant and correct the libsystemd.so.0 errors if you replace it with eudev
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SystemD is shit.

Way to turn a bootloader into a master control programm.

Also we get this stupid thread every week.

people should complain more about wpa_supplicant

fuck this piece of shit, OpenBSD is the only one who got it right

>He already makes systemd threads on slackware boards.
The funny thing is everyone on the slackware forum is busy shitting on systemd.

It's only arch perma-cucks who beta-revolve around arch-"wymen" landwhale trannies that are trying to force systemd[ick] on everyone.

It has what, millions of lines of code? Easy to sneak some shit into that. I don't trust redhat.

The more complex a code base is, the more likely there is to be bugs. Software bugs can then be exploited. Just because there hasn't been any major documented problems doesn't mean there isn't any. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar in magnitude to heartbleed was eventually found in systemd.

Also redhat is used quite often in north america, you can be sure as hell that the government has implemented a backdoor for easy access.

>Does Sup Forums care about SystemD?
Old Sup Forums cares. Shills and summerfaggotry does not.

systemd is also in a real critical place and accesses outgoing sockets.
A remote root exploit could definitely hide in there.

Yes
But I don't bitch about it 24/7 like some fags do

It's fucking ridiculous, I switched to /r/linux over summer because I couldn't see another NVIDIA gayming thread anymore and it still continues. Also why are the mods not doing something about it? All those product reviewing threads are clearly against the board rules.

>Pure tinfoil, source is open
You don't understand anything about what open source means, about auditing or about security in general.

Why do you post about subject matter outside your grasp when you know you're in a position of total ignorance?

>there hasn't been any major documented problems
Connects to google dns by default if the normal dns can't be contacted.
If a process takes more than 15 minutes during bootup, it's terminated uncleanly, bricking some systems.
Many shit at boot is completely broken (see qubesos for details).
System log gets corrupted on clean shutdowns? CLOSED: WONTFIX 'just don't shutdown'
Change a single byte in a binary log and systemd may refuse to boot on account of the log being corrupted.
Monotonic timers "jump in time"
Systemd crashes with secure boot
Type=idle doesn't actually do shit

Want to have some fun? See the systemd github issues list, then add to that the distro-specific list of systemd bugs with the debian and fedora trackers at least. At any one point in time there are over 1000 CRITICAL issues open related to systemd.

>old Sup Forums was shills whereas normal Sup Forums is anti-technology
Huh... really makes you think..

>Connects to google dns by default if the normal dns can't be contacted.
holy kek sauce pls user?

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=761658
For example.

holy shit that outrageous, the shit canonical did is laughable compared to this

you forgot that systemd also breaks nohup by default

ahahah what the actual fuck

so glad i never bought into pootering's bullshit

>Since the Google resolvers are a very reliable widely anycasted service which third parties are encouraged to use they actually look like a sane fail-safe default, hence I am closing this bug.
>Google
>they actually look like a sane fail-safe default
this is your brain on systemdicks

Embrace the botnet

And then people pretend that the systemd adoption was legitimate and there was no foul play at work.

There is literally nothing wrong with loving systemd.

Fuck off back to your fruitphone phaggot

>Pure tinfoil, source is open
What is heart bleed for $16,000

Anyone who uses systemd is a cuck to be honest.

I think cyclic service dependencies and how systemd handles it is the most hilarious part
>kill a random service to break the loop

you have to squash those the moment you see them. especially if for something like local-fs.target
one boot kills something non-vital and you can ssh in - the next boot it will pick some more important service and go to emergency.target

"Is that with your patch? If you don't allow kmsg open, maybe systemd doesn't end up logging for reads either?

That said, the worst part of systemd by far is the insane binary logging crap, and I would not be surprised if you have scrogged logs.

Quite frankly, everything else in systemd at least has an _excuse_ for it. The binary logging is a pile of unadulterated shit."

-Linus Torvalds

Wow, thanks for linking that, it was a good discussion. The maintainer was clearly being an asshole by disregarding tons of people making passionate and coherent points against him, and then he finished the thread by ignoring the final replies.

The default option shouldn't favor any 3rd party company for convenience (especially Google), since that kind of goes against Debian's philosophy of using free software. At the very least, make it an explicit option so that people are aware that some of their information may go to Google.

It hasn't been debian policy since they adopted systemd to care about the freedom of software (the days where they got butthurt over the firefox logo and name due to copyright are long gone now) - or stability for that matter.

Were you unaware that in Soviet America systemD penetrates you?

Well, systemd is free software, and the Firefox issue was resolved not because Debian stopped caring, but because Firefox's license changed to become more open. From this article: lwn.net/Articles/676799/
>In essence, then, the logo-licensing problem, the trademark-usage incompatibility, and the patch-maintenance problem have all been resolved, so, Ledru said, Debian could return to the Firefox branding.