Courage has a price

Courage has a price.

It's officially $40 to charge your phone and listen to something at the same time.

This is actually the worst pathetic cash grab I've ever seen

Not if you use airpods

Apple wants to control the whole supply chain of their products including the accessory.

Lightning was only created for this very reason.

Why would I listen to something while sleeping?

Lmao

Apple fags love wasting their money, so they will eat this up

>fun fact:

if you lost one airpod, you have to replace the entire set for $160

179€ in Germany

i listen to music through my stereo at work while it's charging.

don't pretend like this is some one off use case

> Source?
Are you certain that this will let you charge and listen at the same time?

It seems more likely that you would just be able to listen using two lightning headphones at the same time.

I guess I wouldn't be too surprised either way.

I don't suffer this first world problem so is $40 I save

I don't charge my phone at work.

Now we gotta wait to see if Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. try to "rip off" Apple's creations and innovations.

It's 2016 who the fuck still uses headphones?

people who leave their house?

Ever heard of an aux jack?

Samsung had wireless earbuds before apple
Various other manufacturers had no headphone jack (Nokia 2001 or something)

There is nothing to rip off

C O U R A G E

O

U

R

A

G

E

>people claiming that they've NEVER had the need to charge and use audio

I feel sorry for the people with Square readers. They're SOL until they buy a new one.

Please tell me when I would need to ever charge my phone besides when I'm sleeping.

>doing absolutely anything while on a plane
>listening to music / navigation in a car while charging
>other battery intensive tasks like netflix / games / etc
you don't need to be creative to figure this out

You could just buy a different phone.

Lmao. I hope this is theonion right now.

>redditard tries to Sup Forums
This is how you do it, you stupid fuck

C O U R A G E
O
U
R
A
G
E

>I don't use it, so nobody does xD
Fuck off, shill

I guess you've never been outside all day, but that's understandable.

Nobody seems to realize that you don't HAVE to buy the new iPhone

people are incoherently raging not because the new design is pants on head retarded, but because it will still achieve record sales yet again and it might swing the industry in that direction

and now they'll say I'm a shill despite not owning any apple products ever

bunch of faggots pretending they charge and listen at the same time

you were never going to buy an iPhone anyway

First of all, if you actually need to charge your phone every day, you either use it too much or have a shitty phone. I'm charging my 6+ every two or three days and I never even got below 20%. Second of all, literally all external speakers and headphones I use with the phone connect via Bluetooth and have pretty long battery lives. Worst case scenario, I'll have to charge both, phone and speaker at the same time but that never happened. Not even close. And let's face the obvious: if phones, adapters, or decent Bluetooth headphones mean a lot of money to you, you're poor. Just get a different phone and stop acting like you're smarter for having less money.

But my contract is up and I wanna get a new phone and I'm a metro sexual nu-male who doesn't wanna look uptrendy with green chat bubbles and low quality snap chats.

>charge and listen at the same time
literally spend hours a day doing this at my computer. All my podcasts are on my phone

>use it too much
>you're just doing it wrong
is this Jobs' ghost?

Vote with your money then
Don't buy a product that you don't want how hard is that really?

>it might swing the industry in that direction
Imho it will probably drive Apple's comeptition to challange the standard of headphone jacks and make them smaller and improve overall quality.

People will try to find intelligent solutions once Apple has made their move.

>people pretending that the iPhone 7 will have the same battery life a year after they purchase it

you can't make this shit up.

I voted with my money and only bought phones with SD card slots and no they're phasing those out anyway

Let's concentrate on the you being poor part, shall we?

I'm poor because i use my phone a lot? user I really don't follow this logic. Rich people didn't get rich by making retarded purchases

if your phone is plugged in, you can literally play them from the computer even if they are on the device

or I can just use the podcast app on my phone like I'm used to

>lightning to split adapter
>lightning to 1/8" jack
>1/8" to 1/4" jack
>three adapters between the phone and my headphones
Kill me

but the interface literally shows up on the computer....you don't have to transfer files or anything

not on Linux it doesn't

Pretty sure they're coming back

why would you even have an iPhone with linux as your os?

why not?

compatibility

I only need to transfer the occasional file and that's really easy with a good ios file manager. Other than that I have no reason to link my phone and computer

It's kinda like eating soup with only a knife.

COURAGE

sour grapes

You are poor because you think the amount of money a phone or its accessories costs matter.

>Rich people didn't get rich by making retarded purchases
This is true, but it's about buying houses and cars and $10k watches - not fucking phones and adapters for 40 bucks. I'm not even rich but I don't need to check my bank account let alone save up for that kind of money either and I'll guarantee you that not a single person who complains about Apples pricing can afford a new iPhone w/o doing that.

Holy shit, how long have you had this image? This is from 2008 right? Underage fucks won't even recognize the first gen MacBook Air.

To be fair a lot of poorfags use their phone a lot because they can't afford a decent computer.

But a lot of richfags use their phone a lot too because they are out and about working constantly.

It's only middle class plebs who don't use their phone.

>His stereo doesn't have Bluetooth

No idea

>defending a device is sour grapes

learn what sour grapes means. the sour grapes are the ones chewed by apple haters who will automatically hate everything the company does.

why be bitter about a device you were never gonna own in the first place?

i have an s4 and i suck dick on the weekends

>he uses bluetooth rather than a superior wired connection

I prefer audio quality

>Please Apple, remove this headphone jack. I don't even want the choice.

>you were never going to buy an iPhone anyway

Correct and this made me want an Iphone even less, good business plan, apple.

>u have less money than me so ur opinion is invalid xDDDDD

good for you? I don't remember saying I'd be financially devastated from buying an iPhone. I think I can get a more functional device with less adapters for less money. I would apply the same logic to buying anything. If that bother you, feel free to take your golden Timberlands, step on the gas of your chrome-painted Lambo and get away

C O U R A G E

My cousin bought a new laptop, not a macbook but when she showed it to me she was so happy it charged through USB.
>"How cool is that?"

The only problem is it has only one USB port and no HDMI or display port or anything. Who designs stuff like that?

When I asked her why or what she bought it the response was literally "It's orange. Really pretty."

Sorry, my phone is actually useful enough to be used often.

That highly depends on your type of work. Most people who use their phone are lot are just on Facebook and other social media sites/apps. Viewing pictures and videos all day drowns your battery pretty fast, making the occasional call and writing emails or other text messages not so much. I'd say most hard-working people (who aren't some kind of journalists or in the tech industry) don't have the time or need to look on their phone all day.

>Please Apple, remove this headphone jack. I want other companies to finally put some serious R&D into the inevitable wireless future instead of jewing me for $300 for Kuckstarter-tier garbage

FTFY

>more functional device
Yes, more functional for YOU. Why should *I* care what YOU need? People who like Apple products are likely to hate cables - it's a match made in heaven! There is no rule that states a company can't cater to a very specific clientele - in fact, quite the contrary is the case. So it comes down to this: you need/want a headphone jack and I don't - who's in the wrong and why?

Richfag work involves using your phone a lot, because it is literally just managing other people

this was never a right or wrong answer thing. I'm criticising a piece of technology on a technology board

Here's a genuinely good idea, why don't they just put two lightning ports on the bottom.

vut why would you listen to music with earphones at home/when charging.

Loudspeaker? docker?

would interfere with some meme piece of equipment like the haptic motor or the second speaker

They could make it optional where one version had 2 lightning ports 1 speaker and the other was like how it is now.

who says I'm at home when I'm charging? When I'm hiking I have a battery pack and I listen to music with nice headphones. I'm not the asshole that listens to my music through the speakers

Go outside

I hate to defend apple but why are you charging your phone while listening to music

nobody in their right mind offers two models so close in their functionality, released at the same time

I've gone to 20+ food carts that depend on the headphone jack for their square readers. Their phones are being used all day so guess what? They're always being charged.

When I'm driving in my car navigating. The quality of the wired connection is superior to Bluetooth. I also like arriving somewhere with my battery at 100%

hardly a rare scenario

damn the first Air is fatter than i remembered
then again i'd only ever seen it on TV in the advert with the envelope

Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave

listening to music in bed

interesting how close Apple shill and Linux fanboy arguments are

>you don't really need [X] functionality
>you're just doing it wrong, do it another way
>it's not a bug it's a feature
>it might not comply with the standard but at least it's better!

>There's nothing to rip off
You can be this stupid. Apple is going to start a parent war soon over their iPhone7 bullshit.

how much is the 3.5 adapter again?

9 bucks

thanks lad, gay image completed

Fair enough.

I genuinely wish I had a remote and perfectly safe way of killing people.

Eh so u can double the charging speed?

The phone comes with an adapter you turbo autist.

Tell that to my CEO moron

Jobs's.

Singular possessive. Fucking idiot.

oh I'm so grateful apple, oh yes, I came on this info.

how much do they pay you my JIDF friend?