How the FUCK do they get away with it?

How the FUCK do they get away with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zoGl8-Wc-L0
aliexpress.com/item/TG204-Scientific-Graphing-Calculator-Color-SAT-Exam-Computer-Graphics-Programming-Genuine-Informatica-Calculadora-Cientifica/32604864518.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

with what?

I think OP is special

convincing school systems the world over to use their inferior products

>Implying this isn't god-tier

Inferior to what?

that's the Apple way to success

Other calculators.

TI calculators are very overpriced for how weak the hardware is.

I don't know how they do, but I want them to continue because I work for them and am so highly overpaid for what I do that it is ridiculous.

You don't pay for just the hardware. You pay for the hardware, the software, the build quality and the surrounding ecosystem. If you're interested in getting the most gigaflops per dollar I suggest you look at something that isn't a graphing calculator.

>hardware
oh fuck off use you phone then

>for how weak the hardware is.
it's a fucking calculator

doesn't excuse paying more for less

>oh fuck off use you phone then
>you phone
>you
Are you a dumbass? The OP is talking about how school's make TI calculators mandatory.

Anyone know of a way to save information on TI calculator even after someone cleared the ram

They dont. Rest of the world uses Casio

I found the ti-84 way easier to use for statistics than HP50g. Plus, looking up "how to ___ ti-84" gives way more results than "how to ___ hp50g."

>doesn't excuse paying more for less
it's a fucking calculator

if you're doing shit with your fucking calculator where the hardware is severely limiting you (beyond "my god y=x took 2 SECONDS to draw oh the wasted productivity!") you shouldn't be using a calculator anyway, use mathematica like the rest of the world who actually does productive work instead of bitching and moaning on Sup Forums about trivial shit nobody cares about

Depends on type, but any archived programs will survive a ram clear. Then just unarchive it when you need to access it again.

>Rest of the world uses Casio
This. I always preferred my trusty cfx to any TI I've ever tried.

ah yes, the terrorist calculator

No they don't, TI is standard in most of Europe.

>implying any shitty 80$ smartphone isn't better than that.

no

Nspire cx cas is my waifu.

the graphics look like some shitty windows xp program lmao

It is in Portugal although teachers also let you use Casio too.

The graphics are optional, it's default a graph.

You also realize that TI cares very little about their calculator side of the company? I've worked there for a little over a year now and calculators make up only around 10% of their revenue.

Yes, name a single country in Europe where casio is more common as the standard than TI at high schools and colleges.

I bought a TI-83 Plus in 1998 and have used it ever since. It is within reach at this very moment.

what's Sup Forums's opinion on this?

thinking of getting it for school

Casio is for sure the most common here in Norway. I saw some HPs at uni as well, but never TIs.

For what reason would you need a graphing calculator? If your university isn't shit they are going to forbid any other aid except pen and paper on an exam. For labs you should just use maple or matlab.

government contracts retard
you are literally trained to use their products from the age of 12

>For what reason would you need a graphing calculator?
To graph.

Sounds like high school math

>These guys don't have HP Calculators with RPN

Cucks
Use
Calculators

The Dollar Tree has a brand of scientific calculator for just $1. Shit's all you'll ever need.

but thats not a graphing calculator

>ti-84
Yeah, it's good.

What are you doing that you can get away without graphing something in matlab to turn in with your work

So? Do you graph things in your everyday life? I imagine most people don't.

To answer OP: TI hardware is practically ancient. They overprice it because high school calculus classes mandate that students buy specific graphing calculator models. i.e. economic exploitation

Although the function of a graphing calculator would otherwise be niche and that in itself might justify a higher pricetag, the fact that these calculators are fucking MANDATED ensures that TI units are consistently moved. They could indeed be priced at a lower rate without TI having to absorb any losses.

You could just get the ti 84 silver edition if that one's too pricy.
Don't get the ti 89, its awkard to use. You have to press a diamond key to switch between output formats

An exam

>calculators and slide rulers allowed on an exam
lol that has to be some high school thing. If there is an university that actually allows that I want to know which one so we never hire people that graduated from there

All schools do with them is arithmetic and maybe basic graphing and system solving. The only reason to get a good calculator for school besides the requirement is to cheat at calculus.

It depends on the class. If it's math, you're told to fuck off.

Sup Forums of all places should understand the value of dedicated hardware, no? They are fast, purpose designed and portable, if you actually work with numbers you'll want one around..

that's fucking cool as hell looking I want one.

I picked up an Hp-50 recently. I'm still learning to use it, but it's pretty damn cool. It's got the same functionality as a Ti-89 but at 50 bucks.

It's a great buy if you're willing to cast off the shackles of TI. You earn some brownie points with hp fags too.

>haha just use matlab/mathematica
I mean yeah I can totally open up whatever I want, but I like owning a calculator. It feels good to use, and I don't have to waste power on trivial calculations if I'm drafting something up or turning in a homework assignment.

What other calculators retard

Here you go familia
youtu.be/zoGl8-Wc-L0

Any Android phone made in the past decade with an app.

My school allowed TI, Casio, and HP. Sorry you went to school in a gulag.

Are you mentally retarded? Please tell me this is bait. Where do you go to school where you're allowed to use your fucking phone during exams.

>I solve systems of partial differential equations by hand in an engineering class to show how special I am

Their dac and amp chip are fucking top notch

You can't use a general purpose computer with an internet connection during an exam. It makes cheating too easy. Whether open book exams are better or worse is another argument.

Oh shit

I study math at a "top 100 university", whatever that means. Math exams don't allow calculators, but some statistics exams do. In the exams that allow calculators, some of the questions would probably require at least half an hour of calculations for an average student to complete without a calculator.

>Had to do that while learning differential equations.
Never again.

My college only allows for Casio fx-991MS to be used on any meaningful projects or tests

Cant take that to a test with you.

It's god tier

College Board and various Departments of Education at several states are more or less owned by Texas Instruments.

You can get used ones for like 20 and in almost mint condition despite being 10 yo

HP stopped making calculators. What's on the market that isn't shit?

aliexpress.com/item/TG204-Scientific-Graphing-Calculator-Color-SAT-Exam-Computer-Graphics-Programming-Genuine-Informatica-Calculadora-Cientifica/32604864518.html

should i buy it?

>"lazy game reviews"
No wonder this person doesn't have an education and spergs out on calculator companies.

This just gets more confusing. Why are you calculating stuff in class? The professor should be showing you how to do that by hand and then you do exercises on your free time. If you have issues you seek help from one of the assistants on help time slots.

>In the exams that allow calculators, some of the questions would probably require at least half an hour of calculations for an average student to complete without a calculator.
I don't see the problem. Sometimes I handed in 10 pages for one exam problem. It just seems the education has gotten more lax.

How to do confidence intervals on this?

I hate to break this to you user but a calculator, no matter how powerful, will not help you talk to grills.

>I went to an ELITE university and did everything better than you and still do because I don't use a calculator: the post

I don't see a program feature so it might be a meme

I like the binary hex and octal feature though

You don't need anything special to do confidence intervals, ya dummy. You need the addition and multiplication keys.

Die, prefix notation heretic. Begone!

HP is God's chosen calculator.

Any calculator particularly useful for engineers/ME's?

>had to buy a ti83 for high school
>didn't use it even a single time
Thanks guys

By making deals with Pearson, Holt, and McGraw Hill to include instructions for their calculators in the textbooks

>Needing anything more than the ti84 you got 10 years ago
how?

>diamond key
This rustles my jimmies

If HPs are God's chosen calculators, God is obviously an engineer.

Shitty, tiny, ugly touch screen buttons with no feedback whatsoever

Just use a real computer at that point

In uni bookstores where students have no choice but to buy

Elsewhere high school affiliation

Step aside, boys.

THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE is the only scientific calculator you'll ever need.

Allowed on any test (Including the FE). You got number solvers. You got system solvers. You got conversions. You have a table function. You get definite integrals AND derivatives. You have a dedicated quadratic/poly solver. Shit man, do you have to solve anything yourself? Basically, no.

Black finish. D-pad and operations in a smooth shiny silver. Sexy blue accents. Objectively the best looking calculator on the market.

And the price. Ho boy, the price. This little number can basically do everything a graphing calculator can do (except actually graph) for the low low price of about $20.

Texas Instruments may be the most cancerous shit when it comes to big ticket calculators, but who the hell needs that shit? This is a true engineer's calculator.

This.
Studying in last year of engineering here and have never used anything other than pic related.

When you need to actually plot shit or calculate complicated integrals just use your computer. Always took the exams with this tiny calculator too, it meant that I often had to be smart about some tricky calculations but it's good practise.

Yep, that was the one that was standard when I went to high school.

rpn4evr

I want a Tegra 3 in it with a 720p screen tho

>work for Ti . 10 % revenue from calcs
How retarder the fuck are you

>I don't see the problem. Sometimes I handed in 10 pages for one exam problem. It just seems the education has gotten more lax.
Maybe so. I wouldn't mind if math education focused a bit more on speedy arithmetic, as many in the field are completely useless at it. Contrary to popular belief, being good at arithmetic is important in almost every field of mathematics, including technical, abstract fields. Obviously the people in charge at the university disagree.

i don't give a shit about calculators but if i ever needed one, i'd go for texas instruments, obviously

casio top lel, are you a faggot or something?

>not buying superior texan hardware
wew

>tfw that's all normies know us for and not because we make literally all their electronics work

its nearly impossible to explain people what I do without just saying "I make computer chips"

Can confirm for Norway and add that Ireland lets you use whatever you want, so Casio ends up being the most popular.

Doing this in uni, I've got a lot of math but never ever use a graphing calculator.

Because closed-source hardware is allowed to exist.
If it wasn't, they'd be at a reasonable price.

I'm a German engineering student and I never seen a single TI calculator in my life.

That's funny because I've met German engineering students owning TIs.

you know how ex-presidents live in texas?
and how they have ties to school regulations that say ti calcs are MANDATORY?

that's how. political corruption.

On high schools (or something equal in your schoolsystem) yes, but you won't see them in Uni.