AHAHSHASHAHAHAEHAEHAHEHAEHAE HIAENHJK NHJK NH AEHJK AEHJK EE

AHAHSHASHAHAHAEHAEHAHEHAEHAE HIAENHJK NHJK NH AEHJK AEHJK EE

>no 4k blue ray
>no dedicated audio port

I like my pc but is also on thr market for a new Blueray player if anything I might just buy a xb1 s for its 4k blueray

They can do it if they release a new console once every 2 years.

Wrong board.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>2016
>pesant sticks

>physical media
>2016

What does being retarded feel like?

There are less good PC exclusives than console exclusives these days. I can see myself going back to consoles one day if the trend continues or worsens.

I would buy one if we could install systemd/Linux on it.

>no dedicated audio port
i hate this new meme

>heavily compressed media
>2016

I hope you weren't implying that streaming is better. I either rip blurays myself or download bluray rips if I want to watch something. Then it all goes to my NAS. Without blurays it would be much more difficult to get high quality media.

How? It IS technology, if you consider a paperweight tech.

Scalestation

So a console doesn't have technology, but 24/7 smartphone threads discussing apps are considered Sup Forums?

>not buying your favorite media and putting it on a shelf
You disgust me

can I install debian on it?

If there was a board specifically made for the discussion of smartphones, then it wouldn't belong here. Since there isn't, this is the best board for it. Video game related posts on the other hand belong in

>2016
>buying & paying for the media

>tfw a slightly overpriced budget x86 box has less desktop software support than a machine with the incomprehensible fetal alcohol offspring of POWER that even game devs had trouble porting software to

Sony sucks.

You can play games on smartphones too, maybe they should go to too

Yes, but that is a secondary purpose for a smartphone. The primary purpose for a PS is to play video games.

Don't bother trying to argue with me, I am a highly evolved and intelligent being who is a veteran in philosophical debates, and I carry an undefeated record in said debates

It is not when you put it like a PCMASTERRACE thread. It's merely childs court discussion.

Pretty bold statement considering all I need is a $300 GPU to outperform (in raw numbers) what is going to be a $500 unit most people are going to pair with a $4-500 television

That processor is piss weak and is going to hold consoles back for 5 years.

Scorpio processor will be Zen

Oh user, oh silly user, they're still using the same 8 jaguar cores just at a liiitttle bit higher clocks. We all know the GPU is going to be a rx470 equivalent, but downclocked.

It's not $500

>not pirating remuxes or transparent encodes
Get real kid

PS4 Pro runs Linux dumbshits

ff. . you just don't get "Ubuntu" , Ubuntu is an African word

No, just Jaguar. Not even Puma.
The GPU will have around the same power as a R9 280X.

>limited ports
>can't swap hardware
>is a meme
>still a meme
>yup still a meme
>controller garbage
>sony
>drm
>gaymer
>pro
>breaks easy
>disks
>no dedicated audio
>worse textures audio everything
>nothing on it worth playing that pc don't/won't got
>single purpose hardware
>stupid looking
>tvs
>can't even play 4k blu rays
>no display port
>faggots will still buy

dumb frogposter
PS4 runs custom freebsd

Puma *is* Jaguar. They are 100% the exact same core arch. Puma is entirely a marketing name for a Jaguar core with a newer implementation of PowerTune.
Funny thing is that neither Xbone nor PS4 APUs have the same level of PowerTune as present in the Kabini chips. They're all about equal to Beema which AMD lists as having Puma cores.

>no mods
Wew

As someone who owns both a PS4 and a PC I can say that PC will always be superior.

I haven't touched my PS4 in months. I only occasionally play it for Bloodborne and the occasional exclusive title.

Sage

I don't get this meme
My GTX1080 can't quite handle 4K 60fps all of the time.

Why does sony think they do better with 1/3 the power

They'll be running ~20 FPS on low/medium settings.

Even a 980 can't do 4K 20fps with med settings

It runs 2k upscaled the same way Killzone on PS4 ran at 960x1080 and upscaled to 1920, a weird checkerboard upscaling that doesn't blur nor fuck up aspect ratio, combined with AA

It's an improvement over 1080p and apparently looks great on 4K TV's but it's clearly not actually 4k

doing it wrong 90% of the PC audience play f2p garbage on laptops and the other 10% that actually spend money treat building the PC as the video game and then also play the same f2p garbage or just pirate the AAA games.

I don't play enough video games to justify buying an inferior device to replace my desktop from 4 years ago that shit on the PS4 before it even came out.

A bit more complicated than that, black magic voodoo math going on behind the scenes. The GPU has a dedicated ASIC upscaler for this specific method and AA now so its free from performance impact.
Its neat that they managed that from a technical aspect. Seems like something worthwhile for desktop GPUs. Render your desktop and media at native 4k, play games at a lower resolution without noticeable loss in fidelity with dedicated upscaling logic.

>"b-but pc gaming is d-dead guise"
PC MASTER RACE

Yeah I don't get why would anyone buy ps4 now. For me the only reason to buy a console was that you buy it and don't upgrade it for like 5 years. But since that is no longer true..

Problemo solved

I stopped using optical media long before Bluray came around. Think I still have a DaVaDa player that I made external just in case in a bin somewhere. Want to say 2008 or 2009 is when it was fully removed from my household.

>Paying for 1s and 0s.

But why post a photo of Japan?

This. Anyone even remotely interested in computers saw it coming.

I have one of those for like 8 years now. Still going strong.

Literally no games will be 4k native

Ill stick to my gaming pc

>2016
>console
wtf mate, this is not 2001, consoles are garbage nowadays.

Gaymin is going to be portables/mobile or PC now. Consoles are dead unless they're SBC's even branded ones like Nintendo is doing.

This childish "PcMasterFag" is just retarded.
I have a good PC and 0 Console and i like to play sometimes games on an emulator, because a Pc is just superior.
Yet everytime the fucking nerds with their 2k+$ gaming PC,write
>PcMasterFag
>gg Console
>4k gaming
It´s like i have no life but a overpriced gaming machine,so everyone need it to know.

SJWs leave

same.

i just use my ps4 as a Netflix/hulu/putlocker machine now.

once in awhile I'll play some games on it with friends who only have ps4 though.

it's $399

>muh exclusives
Nice anti consumer mindset, corporate boot licker

>attention-whoring this hard

>I haven't touched my PS4 in months. I only occasionally play it for Bloodborne and the occasional exclusive title.

That's why we all bought/are planning to buy one.

You are not special, people have been buying Playstations for the weeb exclusives since forever.

you must be baiting, literally the only AAA exclusive the PS4 has to offer is Uncharted 4. There are quite a few incoming (GT Sport, Ace Combat 7, etc) but they're not happening for a while so they simple don't count. XBone has far more AAA exclusives (Forza for instance) and several of them are actually released. Also, they're being released on, you guessed it, Win10 PCs

>weeb exclusives
The only reason I have one, they would make a fuck ton of money if they ported these games to PC, is Sony paying them to develop exclusively for the PlayStation?

So i can actually do useful stuff with it?

>doesn't blur

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Hey! what do you mean no games! 2d 4k indie platformers are going to be a system seller!

>PS4 pro is essentially going to be Alienware for consoles

>any year
>anything but physical media
user pls

Yeah I'm sure you'll get great 7.1 surround sound through that fucking thing

>run HDMI cable to sound system
>run HDMI cable from sound system to TV
wow that was hard

wow that was expensive

They're Japs. PC gaming is a meme in their land and they can't be assed to spend so much as a single moment looking at the rest of the world.

HDMI cables can be had for ≤$5

Why is this needed? Do they not have the ports on the controllers now anyways?

I'll give you a (You)

Shouldn't you be using running an optical instead of using ARC for a HDMI for sound?

You hope so.

I can still buy a Serial Port, which has zero use in today's world, for my desktop pc. The useful 3.5mm jack isn't going away for a long time.

>Shouldn't you be using running an optical instead of using ARC for a HDMI for sound?
No, HDMI's better. If you've got a receiver with both S/PDIF and HDMI, you should be using HDMI.

>serial port has zero use in today's world

Is this their way of announcing that it comes with a fedora?

that's like 50 cents total over at /csg/

Your dot matrix printer that you print invoices from is obsolete.

I don't own a printer.

>he preordered an iPhone 7

>buying a audio system with hdmi pass-trough is cheap

I KEK U NOT

The Scorpio's supposed 6TFLOP GPU vs the Pro's 4.12 should've Ben the one with the comment.

Should be better than an Polaris and at the bottom end of Vega.

>supposed
Its already confirmed by official sources.

>not having an audio system with HDMI passthrough

So we can agree it'll have a GPU that's above mainstream cards by AMD

Show me the cheapest one with speakers please.

HDMI is the only way to transfer uncompressed multi channel audio you fucking retarded faggot WHICH IT HAS

As soon as you start paying me to shop for you.

That may be true but that doesn't mean the PS4 shouldn't allow S/PDIF.

>Yes, but that is a secondary purpose for a smartphone.
Primary use for a "Smartphone" is to make calls

>muh shitty logitech speakers with no hdmi passthrough

>The primary purpose for a PS is to play video games.
But then why does it only have one?

Yeah thats what i thought, having to buy a $400+ receiver to get proper audio from hdmi is fucking retarded.

>not ripping your own media

cuck.

AHAHAHAHAHH

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT SONY

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>packing a 200w+ TDP gpu into a console

That can't possibly go wrong.

wut

You know TVs usually have audio out, right?