Consumer Product Safety Commission & Samsung are urging owners of Note 7 to stop using their phones

>The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Samsung are urging owners of Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 to stop using their phones while they work to formalize how a recall will work.
>The warning comes a week after Samsung (SSNLF) announced a voluntary recall of 2.5 million phones worldwide because of a battery problem believed to affect 0.1% of all devices. Some customers reported that their Note 7s caught fire.
>A government recall would outlaw the selling of the phone. In its statement, the agency asked owners of the Note 7 "to power them down and stop charging or using the device" in the meantime. Details on an official recall will come "as soon as possible," the agency said.
money.cnn.com/2016/09/09/technology/galaxy-note-7-consumer-product-safety-commission/index.html
>Make $800 phone
>Put the cheapest chinkshit batteries in it save money
>Have to recall everything
How do you fuck up this bad?

>Old phone shit the bed the week the note 7 was going to come out
>Thought about getting it but decided against it

>How do you fuck up this bad?
There is a pattern.
To be fair, Sammy might have specified a good battery only to have the factory cut a corner or two. Pity they can't blame an external assembler.

Nothing wrong with exploding

Maybe if you know we had removable batteries

In Australia you can't even take the note 7 on the plane because of the martyrdom risk

>yfw samshit owners are literal terrorists

Samsung were pretty notorious for using shit quality capacitors on the power supplies of their LCD displays too. I believe this may be the reason for the shift to external power bricks, form factor aside.

This is actually hilarious. Australia outright banned them from planes.

>tfw HTC 10
>uses USB-C and quickcharge 3.0
>no problems

There's a chance that they'll fuck up the replacements, too. I'll just switch to a s7 edge. Or a different phone completely.

>buying samshit
your own fault

>Buying samshit

>buy Samshit Nope 7
>doesn't explode
alright then

>Have phone for all of 2 weeks
See you in a year or 2 if it hasn't exploded.

But I like my note 7

>want extra battery
>you buy the cheapest chink shit on ebay
>your phone explodes

welcome back to square one idiot

This is why I love capitalism.

>Put the cheapest chinkshit batteries in it save money

It's actually the models with Korean made batteries that are blowing up. The ones with Chinese made batteries are fine.

Is there a way to tell what you have?

Should say Made in China/Korea on the backside.

>Made in china

Guess I'm safe?

It's just coated in lead and melamine, but it shouldn't explode.

If it was that easy Samsung would just be recalling the ones that say made in Korea on back. They're recalling them all probably because they didn't keep a record what phones got what batteries and have no way to tell without opening them.

I wish I could find out for sure. Replacements wont be in for another week or so and I really don't want to go back to a note 5.

buy life insurance

Already bought exploding phone insurance. Was going to be pretty cheap until I showed them my note 7.

>touchwizz

But then it's your own fault...

>chinkshit/gookshit
>randomly explodes
Duh, this is known, OP.

>>Put the cheapest chinkshit in it save money

sounds like samsung since day 1 overpriced plastic shit.

Yeah I only buy phones that are made in the USA.

at least his Cherokee didn't back up on the owner and pin him against his fence post WHILE it was on fire. KEK

How long until one of these start a fire on a plane? People won't listen to the authorities, they will just continue to use their shitty explosive samsung device.

and they called in the bomb squad.

open it up

Such as?

>Be Terrorist
>All I need to do to do the next 9/11 is pull out a Note 7 and plug it in to charge on a plane
Allahu akbar

Returning my note 7 tomorrow.

Whut phone do I go with.

>just got a galaxy S6
>heard samsung batteries were exploding
>fuck
>find out its the Note 7's and Im safe

>On verizon
>Was using a LG G3 that was on its way out as a temporary phone until the Note 7 came out.
>Was going to pick it up this week with my paycheck.
>All this shit happens with the battery.
>Looked at other carriers to see what options were available, and all of them were not much better.

Say what you will, but I bought a iPhone 6S Plus with 64GB that I got for like $100 bucks with 2 year contract (Galaxy S7 was my other choice, but I did not find as many good deals). I'm normally not the biggest fan of iOS, but after all the shit that happened and needing a decent working phone, I took another chance.

I was really looking forward to the Note 7 as well...I am curious how many people were in the same boat as me.

we shoulda never stopped using lead acid batteries

my $40 HTC 510 with LTE and 4 core qualcom snapdragon CPU thats still being used today and enough RAM and internal space to run all my apps i care about and TING $20 a month service, master race here

Apple built those phones. This is all an Apple plot to frame Sammy

DELETE THIS

>Note 7
Shit nigga I didn't even know there was a note 5.

Glad samshit is exploding benis, i want a phone with a removable battery. Fuck that shiet.

Of course, that's because the chinese know how to make things cheaply.

The koreans try it and half the world explodes.

>Today the FBI conducted a raid and apprehended several domestic terrorists who were planning to damage an aircraft in flight
>You can see from these pictures the device intended to be used was made from 4 galaxy note 7s with a 2.4A charger each

can confirm, had a monitor shit the bed in 2010 after 3 years of use.

Swapped capacitors and i still use the thing all the time. Samshit likes to cut corners.

Samsung really is a shit when it comes to batteries.

I had two original replacement batteries for my S4 because it would randomly shut down, lose 50%+ charge on reboot and swollen battery. Same thing happened once with my S5.

My gf had the same with her old S3 but that was 3 years old so the battery had plenty of cycles already.

I am now convinced that Sony is the best high-end phone manufacturer.

>LCD displays

More like burning edge performance.

If you bought your Note 7 in China you have a Chinese model.

If you didn't then you don't.

At least you can listen to music while you're burning to death.

>ishit 6
Kill yourself

Samshit will never recover

So at this point even if i get my phone replaced, airlines wont let me on? I mean how are they gonna be able to check if you have an old or new note 7? Fuck maybe I should just trade this shit for a turbo or g5

PHONE NICE AND HOT

Name one. . .

It's hot, but at least it's not a bomb.