Do you actually understand how binary code works? I can't wrap my mind around this...

Do you actually understand how binary code works? I can't wrap my mind around this. Are the ones and zeros actually physical numbers traveling through the electronic materials? Are the numbers just a metaphor for something, and for what? I just don't get it, plus assembly language seems like another mindfuck that's impossible to comprehend. Am I retarded or is this really difficult to understand at first?

pls halp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NKYgZH7SBjk
youtu.be/VBDoT8o4q00
youtu.be/cNN_tTXABUA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_data#Historical_digital_systems
amazon.com/Code-Language-Computer-Hardware-Software/dp/0735611319
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

learn verilog and you can get and idea by rendering diagrams using the verilog code... i'ts too long to explain and i don't have time, i have to go.

In a digital circuit ones and zeros are just two different voltage levels. You can also think of them as true or false or high and low, it doesn't really make a difference.

This.
Also they are different kinds of switches and gates. When a switch sees the higher voltage it may keep the high voltage as a reference or it might toggle to low when it sees high. Simple circuits are counters and hold-and-sample type things. Lots of information on it on the web as you might imagine.

>Are the ones and zeros actually physical numbers traveling through the electronic materials?
I'd call this a troll post, but I see this kind of shit at least 10 times a week on stackexchange. There was actually one that said "how do video games store data that's not on screen".

In short, there's a voltage threshold, above which is 1, a voltage threshold, below which is 0 and there's usually some space between where it's neither. Look up a cmos nor schematic to see how they're actually implemented in chips. you can make any gate with nor.

Things that OP doesn't know shit:
>CPU's architecture
>Opcodes
>Registers
>CPU instructions
>Random Access Memory
>Why Hz are an operational parameter in Microprocesors
>Information transmition and storage
>What a byte is...

0's and 1's are different voltage levels in a circuit. Your CPU is wired to behave in a particular way when certain sequences of 0's and 1's pass through it. The sequences of 0's and 1's that your computer understands are called opcodes, assembly language is just another made up human-readable language that is converted into a sequence of 0's and 1's that the computer can interpret.

Seems like a troll, but look up how 2-bit adders work and binary might make more sense.

Its like any language, its meant to interprete information, but its the easiest way to send information with electronics because its super simple for them to know on or off. Its as if you are sending morse code to electronics

usually just +5v and 0v in most cpus
look up logic gates and some other EE shit

>usually just +5v and 0v in most cpus
What year do you think it is?

Start reading some of Konrad Zuse...

Boolean?

Just watch these, OP.

Short, high level overview of a CPU:
youtu.be/NKYgZH7SBjk
An adder, in detail:
youtu.be/VBDoT8o4q00
The CPU, in detail:
youtu.be/cNN_tTXABUA

can you think of a small piece of matter to use as an abacus? nope, probably not.

Your question is kind of like asking if money is "physical numbers traveling through bills".

It's just stupid true false statements... Technology is retarded really

Quantum computing will be a major mindfuck, instead of boolean, it can be true, false, or both at the same time: off, on, or both at the same time.

OP here. Thanks, this gave me some topics and key terms to look up to get a better understanding of it. Just having a hard time visualizing what's actually happening that makes computers work at the lower levels.

What difference will it make?

>muh church-turing thesis

I'm tired of niggers acting like thesi are laws of programming. Just because the paradigms are the way they are. If we had trinary it'd all be completely different, shut the fuck up alan

look up digital circuits, this isn't 1980 anymore.

Information can take many forms. Usually voltages above a certain point are interpreted as 1s and voltages below a certain point are interpreted as 0s. A carrier signal is modulated to produce the 1s and 0s.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_signal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modulation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_data#Historical_digital_systems

It could also be on-off switches, magnetic moments on a hard drive, flashing lights, morse code, etc. If two people / devices agree on a protocol for transmitting information, it could be almost anything. If we wanted our own secret language, we could invent a protocol where red balls were interpreted as 1s and green balls were interpreted as 0s, and then agree on an encoding scheme for characters.

You might enjoy this book. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my to-do list.

amazon.com/Code-Language-Computer-Hardware-Software/dp/0735611319

/thread